General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 Toyota 4runner V6-New battery no power to anything

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 Toyota 4runner V6-New battery no power to anything

Alright, so my battery has been going for a while and ive been getting jumps reqularly. Yesterday, i went to get a jump. Before any cables were connected i was seeing some lights on my dash, so some power was flowing through the car. When the guy who was helping me went to attach the cables from the battery pack im not certain but he may have put the cables on backwards to start out. BAsically, i think something got fried. Cause after that i didnt have any power at all. We tried a different battery pack with more power in it making sure the cables were on the right terminals. But still there was nothing. I got a new battery thats fully charged today and i put that in but still there was nothing registering, not even the power locks work. Could it be the 80 amp fusable link, or some other fuse? Any info helps!! Thanks
Old 11-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Erik Molnes
Could it be the 80 amp fusable link, or some other fuse? Any info helps!! Thanks
Yes, the 80a probably went. If it's in the fuse box, you need to split the box in two 1/2 way down because that relay is bolted in from the bottom.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:29 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Could be that the fusible links are open

It could also be a bad ground. What do your battery cables and terminals look like.

If you don`t have a multimeter now might be a good time to invest in one.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:20 PM

Hello, Im new to the Toyota world so please bear with me. For years my uncle has twisted my arm into getting a Toyota, he swears by them and I've finally broke down and bought one of his from him. It's a 95 4runner with the v6,auto,4wd,and 153k miles. I just bought it today and it's been sitting for 8 months but he said it was started for about an hour but he didn't move it.I went today to tinker on it in hopes of getting it runnin tried to jump the battery(which is only 8 months old) and nothing happened. I pulled the battery out of my truck and put it in there and nothing. I took the cables off and took the connectors apart and cleaned them and took the ground off the side of the engine and cleaned it up and put it back and still nothing. Usually when you turn a key on the clock comes on gauges move but it was doing nothing. The only thing I could make work was passenger side headlight. Can anyone tell me what's goin on please,thank you for any help!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:21 PM

So I'm assuming it's a similar problem to what Erik Molnes
Old 11-08-2014, 07:04 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

All I can say was why was it parked??

Might have something to do with the problem.

About all you can do is work through the starter circuit one step at a time.

Rodent damage some chewed wires perhaps??
Old 11-09-2014, 12:39 PM

My uncle bought it for my cousin, and he cares nothing aabout driving so I bought it. Took the power cable loose yesterday and split the housing and it's corroded pretty seriously for about 6 in down so tomorrow I'm gonna see if I can get a whole new cable assembly and see if that makes any difference. I changed the 80a and battery and I just can't think of nothing else I looked everywhere for chewed wires and have yet to find any that was my initial thought as well.