Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buckshot mudders... size?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buckshot mudders... size?

Does anyone run Buckshot Mudders? I've got a set (of four... no spare) on my 91 'runner that I got free from my brother-in-law a year ago. I think they're pretty old. They came off an early Bronco that'd been sitting for a long time. They are Gateway tires... and after a Google search I found they're now made by Maxxis and were also made by Denman at one point.
The trouble is... I blew a belt in one and I can't really afford to replace all four right now. If I go with two new... any thoughts on mixing the brands of Buckshots? From pics of tread patterns on different websites, it doesn't look like they've changed much. But I've read mixed reviews of the newer Maxxis-made mudders. Also... I have no freakin' idea about the size, because I don't recognize the measurements. They're bigger and narrower than the stock tires at NR 78-15LT. Anyone know what that is in standard "tire-ese". They're 32 or 33 inch tires and about 9.5 wide? I dunno... any help? Any reccomendations on different tires if i get four new. I'm pretty happy with the old Buckshots except in loose dry stuff (which there isn't a lot of on the BC west coast) and on the highway in the rain (a little slippery). Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.