Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Painted Rear Bumper, hood scoop grille, & LED Dome light (PICS)

Old 03-09-2008, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea i agree, keep it chrome
Old 03-09-2008, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are the brush guards ever gonna actually push sticks and branches out of the
way, or is it just for show ? curious
Old 03-09-2008, 09:27 AM

Sheezy, I think the chrome emblems provide a nice contrast on your truck.

Not to hijack (well maybe a little )...

Does anyone know of a source for the Black Pearl emblems? I checked with local dealers and web dealers when I got my truck and they said the part is listed as "unavailable" (01-02 4Runner). Only one set was left in the US and when they called the warehouse it looked like in inventory error (the shelf was bare).

A couple also told me that all BP emblems have been discontinued.

PT577-8901A (Limited) and PT577-8901B (SR5) are the part numbers that I used.

I know Bob did a DIY write up, but it would be nice to buy 'em Pearled.

Last edited by element; 03-09-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by edzo
are the brush guards ever gonna actually push sticks and branches out of the
way, or is it just for show ? curious
Manik brush guards are usually just for show. Hell any brush guard is usually just for show. Unless you get something like the TJM, ARB, or Shockworks.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:09 AM

Where did you find the LED tailights? The buff job turned out good . I always say you can't beat a pro at his job.
Jim
Old 03-09-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by foot0069
Where did you find the LED tailights?
Jim
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/l...rd-gen-127313/

I think Burtman (http://www.burtmanindustries.com/)has a quality pair on his site.

Last edited by element; 03-09-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by foot0069
Where did you find the LED tailights?
Jim
www.burtmanindustries.com

edit: you beat me to it
Old 03-09-2008, 11:36 AM

Yeah I got mine from Burtman, Ebay has them as well.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by element
Does anyone know of a source for the Black Pearl emblems? I checked with local dealers and web dealers when I got my truck and they said the part is listed as "unavailable" (01-02 4Runner). Only one set was left in the US and when they called the warehouse it looked like in inventory error (the shelf was bare).

A couple also told me that all BP emblems have been discontinued.

PT577-8901A (Limited) and PT577-8901B (SR5) are the part numbers that I used.

I know Bob did a DIY write up, but it would be nice to buy 'em Pearled.
Wow, so they've been discontinued?? I purchased a set of BPs back in '06 from my local dealer. They're pricey...get ready to drop some dough if you are able to find them at a toy dealer.

I'll call my local dealer on Monday to verify they have been discontinued.

Originally Posted by Fo_SheeZy
Yeah I got mine from Burtman, Ebay has them as well.
I just upgraded my tails to the Burtman LED tails . Very sexy.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Contributing Member

Save your money on the black pear and just leave it clean and de-badged. Leaves the back so much more symmetrical. I might leave the center toyota logo but I'd take a hair dryer and some dental floss to those suckers! Your plate surround already has the logo, why be redundant...?
Old 03-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dang

I LOVE your 4Runner. Every time I see it here on YT, I drool a little.

keep it up man! I aspire to have a vehicle as rockin' as yours.

Peace!
Old 03-09-2008, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by 4rnr4nick
im not a bling kinda guy either but if youre doing bling already throw em back on fo sheezy!

and what are the red rings of light behind your grille????
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure those red rings behind the grille are aftermarket horns... I'm not sure which brand.
They look pretty sweet, almost like some trucks you see where they mount driving lights behind the grille...

oh and by the way, your 4runner is lookin great fo sheezy! Makes me jealous looking yours because I have to walk out and look at mine in the morning which has pin strips down the side from trees and nicks from taking the running boards off...
Old 03-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
I might leave the center toyota logo but I'd take a hair dryer and some dental floss to those suckers! Your plate surround already has the logo, why be redundant...?

The Toy logo is held into the body so removal of it would require a little work to fill in the holes and I'm thinking of removing my badges too but the T will stay.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rock Slide
I just upgraded my tails to the Burtman LED tails . Very sexy.
You should definitely post some pics, let's see how they look!

Originally Posted by turboale
Save your money on the black pear and just leave it clean and de-badged. Leaves the back so much more symmetrical. I might leave the center toyota logo but I'd take a hair dryer and some dental floss to those suckers! Your plate surround already has the logo, why be redundant...?
Here's what I'm planning on doing to the back, removing the SR5, 4WD, and Toyota badges. I'll move the 4Runner logo below the toyota symbol so it'll look like this:

Originally Posted by bigtrucknwheels
dang

I LOVE your 4Runner. Every time I see it here on YT, I drool a little.

keep it up man! I aspire to have a vehicle as rockin' as yours.

Peace!
Thanks man, I really appreciate it! When I first joined here, I never knew so many people would like what I'd done with my 4Runner, but I guess I was wrong!

Originally Posted by benp
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure those red rings behind the grille are aftermarket horns... I'm not sure which brand.
They look pretty sweet, almost like some trucks you see where they mount driving lights behind the grille...

oh and by the way, your 4runner is lookin great fo sheezy! Makes me jealous looking yours because I have to walk out and look at mine in the morning which has pin strips down the side from trees and nicks from taking the running boards off...
Yeah man those are my horns, Hella Supertone Horns. I would suggest them to anyone looking for a horn upgrade, very loud and plus they look cool!
Old 03-10-2008, 04:46 AM
Contributing Member

You should definitely post some pics, let's see how they look!
I'll do my best to get some pics up soon.

Here's what I'm planning on doing to the back, removing the SR5, 4WD, and Toyota badges. I'll move the 4Runner logo below the toyota symbol so it'll look like this:

Sheezy, just to point out, the "4Runner" emblem in the picture posted above was actually designed to fit there. It has a 4 tabs that help hold it to the body. Didn't want you to think the owner moved it there just for grins.

To get a better idea of what I'm describing, check out Bob's write up on the "poor man's black pearls". There's a picture in his write up that shows the area with the emblem removed: http://4runners.org/writeups/blackpearl/index.html

With that said, I am sure you could still relocate your "4Runner" emblem to where his is as long as the area on your '02 is flat to mount it too.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Brian, really nice job overall, but as one who loves to be able to drive off road and seeing how these things were actually designed to be driven off road, your tires and wheel combo just don't do it for me. I'm not a 'bling' guy anyway, like lowering a 4runner ... whats the point? Just seems to detract from the purpose and feel of the truck.

I have to admit, I was shocked to see the side view of your truck for the first time. Only ever seeing your avitar, well let me say I was expecting something totally different! Hey, I do like what you did to the truck from the rocker panels up! Just not a 'tuner', spinners and rap motif kinda guy. Give me mud, lifts and knarly knobby tires to crawl over mall runners and rocks! But like I said here before, we customize for what WE like not what someone else likes!

Stay with the chrome as was said before, really looks nice with the direction of the runner, black bumpers look sharp. I tend to go with function more then form. The blue looks nice in the parking lot show, but if you have something break, need to find something on a dark road, white is better all around. Now if you could have a split light ... hmmmm now there's an idea. Where did I put the scratch pad ....
Old 03-10-2008, 05:54 AM

You should talk to the shop now (while you are a "fresh" customer) about buffing the back again after you pull the badges off.

You'll probably be able to see where they were on because of the polishing they did this time.

Since you just had it in, maybe they’ll do it for free!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:04 AM

Dang! love the painted bumper. I gotta get my grille and bumpers painted soon. Mad props to your street runna!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:22 AM

HEY! Thats my truck!! but yea personally im thinkin a 3" lift and 285's would look pretty good on yours haha!

But yea its lookin good man i like the hood and the new bumper looks sick too!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rock Slide
Sheezy, just to point out, the "4Runner" emblem in the picture posted above was actually designed to fit there. It has a 4 tabs that help hold it to the body. Didn't want you to think the owner moved it there just for grins.

To get a better idea of what I'm describing, check out Bob's write up on the "poor man's black pearls". There's a picture in his write up that shows the area with the emblem removed: http://4runners.org/writeups/blackpearl/index.html

With that said, I am sure you could still relocate your "4Runner" emblem to where his is as long as the area on your '02 is flat to mount it too.
I see, maybe I can have someone do that for me. Because I'm sure if I tried to move the emblem there, I'd probably screw it up. I'll do what Element suggested, tae it back to the shop, have them take the emblems off and they can buff it as well. I'll also have my roof rack, hitch, and spoiler painted.

Originally Posted by SHONUUP
Dang! love the painted bumper. I gotta get my grille and bumpers painted soon. Mad props to your street runna!
Hell yeah man, I'm glad I'm not the only street Runner on here!

Originally Posted by pitpatt
HEY! Thats my truck!! but yea personally im thinkin a 3" lift and 285's would look pretty good on yours haha!

But yea its lookin good man i like the hood and the new bumper looks sick too!
Haha yeah man, I really like the way your rear end looks, the way the badges are, hopefully I can have mine looking like yours soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Painted Rear Bumper, hood scoop grille, & LED Dome light (PICS)