Old 03-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What exactly is a deckplate mod?

What is it?
Old 03-18-2007, 04:28 PM

it's a button on the top of the forum called "search"

It's basically installing a deckplate into your vehicle's air box to open things up a bit and allow more airflow. The deckplate allows you to close the huge hole in the event you are going through anything that you don't want sucked into your engine--water, mud, extreme dust, etc.

Everything you could ever need to know about this mod can be found on this board. I did mine with writeups from this site.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:29 PM

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f130/deckplate-mod-75169/
Old 03-18-2007, 04:44 PM

damn and this whole time i thought everyone was doing deckwork...stupid me
Old 03-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Contributing Member

haha
Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 AM

Hey guy, Ive come across a few of your posts now, and 1) if you want hp gain you should have bought a ferarri, toyotas are not quick trucks and unless your going to drop $$$ on a supercharger forget-about-it! 2) Im guessing you are new so, if you have a quetion or querry about something you should begin with a search! 3) Maybe a picture of your rig would be more appropriate.
When I first joined this was said to me, so now Im saying it to
you.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:08 AM

Quack
Old 03-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As much as people discuss Deckplates around here, I'm surprised we don't have an image of one and a definition with a link out to the side of it at the top of every page. I'm not trying to knock you BYAHnate, but it seems like we have at least a couple newbies once a month that ask "What is a deckplate and what does it do?"

Beckson is a popular brand of deckplates. Check them out at:

http://www.beckson.com/screwout.html
Old 03-28-2007, 10:17 AM

save the $ unless youare super charged.. no real point in it... nor the flowmasters, nor the isr mod... all that for 10hp??? dont bother, go fishing!!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:18 AM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stop saying that! Just cause you dont like it doesnt mean you should tell others not to do it. I did it and I felt a noticeable difference in my truck, so it does something.

10hp may seem like a little, but every little bit counts.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Banned

Yea, this thread is pretty old.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by CJM
Stop saying that! Just cause you dont like it doesnt mean you should tell others not to do it. I did it and I felt a noticeable difference in my truck, so it does something.

10hp may seem like a little, but every little bit counts.

haha sorry ill shut up now........... ok son, go cut up your intake box so your truck can sound meaner than it is... or go fishing
Old 03-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Contributing Member

I was gonna say, I think Nate knows what a deckplate is now... At least he should since he put one in in the last couple of days...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:33 AM

I didn't really know what a deckplate mod was either. It seems he just drilled a whole in the airbox and put some reinforcement on it. Is that the point of the "ring" he installed?

I'm still the president and only member of "StockProjektz", bringing dignity to tuning.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
I didn't really know what a deckplate mod was either. It seems he just drilled a whole in the airbox and put some reinforcement on it. Is that the point of the "ring" he installed?
No... it's to provide a receiver for the desckplate to be screwed into so that you can plug up the hole.

"Why would I want to plug up the hole that I just cut into my airbox?" Because if you leave it open and head through a really dusty trail, of if you get into a deep-water situation then that dust (or water) is gonna head straight for the intake.

"Okay, so what is a 'deckplate" itself?" It's a resealable hole that's meant for boats. You put the fixture (or "PLATE") into the DECK of a boat. If you need airflow into a cabin or access to something like a water tank from the outside, you can unscrew the plate. When you're done, a simple 1/2 twist seals up the hole air tight. A picture is worth a hundred words and a SEARCH: CLICK THIS

"Okay... thanks!" Yeup, you're welcome...

Damn, if only there was a function.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by midiwall
No... it's to provide a receiver for the desckplate to be screwed into so that you can plug up the hole.

"Why would I want to plug up the hole that I just cut into my airbox?" Because if you leave it open and head through a really dusty trail, of if you get into a deep-water situation then that dust (or water) is gonna head straight for the intake.

"Okay, so what is a 'deckplate" itself?" It's a resealable hole that's meant for boats. You put the fixture (or "PLATE") into the DECK of a boat. If you need airflow into a cabin or access to something like a water tank from the outside, you can unscrew the plate. When you're done, a simple 1/2 twist seals up the hole air tight. A picture is worth a hundred words and a SEARCH: CLICK THIS

Thanks! I'll guess I'll go ahead and install one since it appears it'll seal up air tight if I don't like it. I wonder if this will help or hurt my dismal fuel economy.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:08 AM
Contributing Member

Are you suggesting that this topic has been covered before?
Old 03-29-2007, 06:12 AM
Contributing Member

Midiwall, THANK YOU. This has to be the MOST discussed topic on Yotatech, and not doing a search for it is just irresponsible.

Darn newbz
Old 03-29-2007, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by WATRD
Are you suggesting that this topic has been covered before?
Not really... I was just laying a couple of land mines so that it'd be easier to find if someone else ever asks about it again.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:35 AM

I didn't post the original thread, but I found the new thread helpful. Not everyone spends 24 hours/day on this site.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What exactly is a deckplate mod?