Computer Talk Discussions here pertain to mods, troubleshooting, and PC/console gaming

Burning music CDs with iTunes

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 07:42 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Burning music CDs with iTunes

This morning I made up a playlist in iTunes of a few AC/DC MP3s, and a few of iTunes format Blue Oyster Cult tunes.
They have tags and album art, as when they are plying in iTunes you can see it.

After I ripped the playlist to a CD made up as a regular music CD, not an MP3 CD (my Sony M650 in the rig does not play raw MP3s) they show up as track numbers, and no song names.
Same thing when I play it back in Windows Media Player.

Is there a work around on this?
I have Nero and Winamp too, but they can not play the store bought songs I buy from iTunes, so I would not be able to rip them with those two apps.
I would rather just use the rip feature built into iTunes if I can get the tags to show up.

TIA,
Old 04-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well since you have that playlist as a regular cd and it is not a an accual major relase CDDB\Gracenote is not going to have that in their database..let me explain that further.

When you put a CD into itunes\winamp\windows media\musicmatch..etc They all take the track information (number of tracks and length of each track) and look it up in a GIANT database of CDs. So since your CD is your own mix, it will not be in their database unless you add it...This also happens if you buy a brand new cd.

Now when you burn a audio CD Itunes just burns the audio...no data. That is what makes an MP3\Data CD diffrent. There is an exception to this though. Some CD burners support CD TEXT..but there are very few that do. Itunes won't even write CD TEXT to an audio cd..but NERO will.

Unforunately there is no way around this without entering all the information again.

hope i answered all your questions!