Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

match a sub to these specs.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, ive got a new problem now, although its a good problem i guess. trucks gone, ended up with a 2000 nissan mixima. i have a TRUNK now. lol. amazing little device. fits all sorts of stuff. so im looking for bigger and badder now, obviously, but im still somewhat strapped on the cash aspect. luckily ive got a hook up with a new local shop in town, and im looking forward to seeing what i can come up with there. thanks for all the input though.

btw, if you are in the sarasota/venice/bradenton area lemme know if ur lookin for audio, car, home, whatever. and tvs, the hydralic tv lifts and stuff. theres a new shop in town called the underground, its fantastic. they beat the internet on most of their prices too. great people, etc. just thought id let you all know.

and if there are any more awesome finds, or new suggestions keep them coming.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:16 PM

sony-haha

Well i just put in two 10'' sony xplods in the back of my runner. They have no plastic on them whatsoever and they sound very good for the price. It all depends on the quality of the box you put the speaker in imo. I built my boxes to the exact specs of the speakers. Im running 300w to each and they kick just fine. Im not trying to say sony is better in any way, just givin my two cents. Ive had Jl's, Ma's, Alpines, and pioneers, all 10'' and so far the sony's are holding up quite fine and sound just as good. I do like the thicker rubber arround the speaker its holding up alot better than most of the foam stuff in other speakers. Ill post some picks tom.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:05 PM

i would say ma audio dual voice coil you can them for under 200.00 i have four of them they sound awsome and they look good to.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:50 PM

couple of brands ive picked up on lately have been earthquake and RE. ma is also something im looking at if my price range goes up, while kicker is certainly something id love to pick up if i can find a good deal.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:39 AM

personal preference is the only thing that matters

I am running a 12 Kappa perfect DVC and i like it alot , it is clean can be loud and handle some power. I am a old school fan of MTX, old RF stuff was good. RF new high line stuff was decent. JBL is owned by the same company as Infinity witch is Harmon Audio but they are very different . I own some JBLs and i have never really heard a JBL system that sounded that good in a sealed box but they do sound good tuned in a ported or bandpass box. I personally like 12 in subs but if you want a 10 that can hit decently low then look at the Perfects. Earthquake makes a good driver, Digital Dynamics was good also. i am not a fan of Sony stuff like alot of people. Old PPI gear is decent. i would stay away from 15in drivers unless all you want is people to hear you from blocks away just like the other guy said you can get them to play tight and clean but it will take tons of power that you dont want to spend money on. I was never a fan of JL Audio since people use to always buy W0 and say they were the best thing to sliced bread where i am from and the W6s and W7s costed so much that i would have needed a load to make a setup out of those. I think they were more flash then anything else.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i got 2 12 inch kicker cvrs.. i had them hookedu to a kicker 600 and 400 watt amp strapp together... but they got stoelen now i have a rockford 600 banging.. still crush's and i got them in the box for 175 at my work.. i also have 2 12 inch pheniox golds that sounded good but are in a sealed box so not as deep..

but im selling them all for a winch.. keeping the lifetime sirius and xms though and ill run my 6 speakers and 6 tweets through amps still but no subs or caps