The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Fillsrunner4.3 crawler (PART TWO) - pic heavy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 10:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Pics easter weekend in my backyard didnt do much just was moving it around the yard to a better spot and had to go for a drive lol

Definetly need some wider wheels. My tires run in the frame in the back a little and front just about hits the springs. When I traded my 37's i traded the wheels too. mistake but no worries.

As im sure everyone knows Ive been wanting to cage this thing for some time! Think this should help

were holding onto this hydraulic bender at work for a friend and I can use it whenever I want Just need the cash for metal and Ill be bending finaly

Hydraulics and dies. the guy has just about every die for the thing

More someday soon
Old 05-05-2011, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woohoo! Glad too see some action over there! Lol. Let's see a cage
Old 06-07-2011, 08:08 AM

Took her out for the weekend nothing extreme just old loging roads and some tree trails. ran well with only a few hickups but nothing too major

I know I didnt get any action shots but definetly will soon here. Hey its got mud on it haha
Old 06-07-2011, 08:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet! Hey even if its not 100% ready it still looks sweet out on some trail
Old 06-07-2011, 09:26 AM

ya it definetly turns some heads as is pretty funny
Old 10-09-2011, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get it done so that we canplan a rubicon trip
Old 10-13-2011, 09:56 AM

Thinking about doing this swap myself pretty soon, my truggy is pretty rusted out and the p/o poop pipe cage scares me. Plan to find a roller and build it. Not sure I want to swap all my toyota motor/wiring etc over as I sort of want an auto again on the rocks and a little more power. So my plan is a 4.3 and t350 mated to my dual cases...

Do you regret going the cpi over tbi? I know they said the cpi has a little more wiring and will need 55psi of fuel pressure atleast , I just want a reliable easy set up for my off road only truck
Old 10-29-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by bigarms23
get it done so that we canplan a rubicon trip
definetly. Got a new job working at olympic 4x4 in Snohomish a few months ago. Got bills to pay first and formost but slowly im getting the things I need for my rig.
Originally Posted by TurboTruggy
Thinking about doing this swap myself pretty soon, my truggy is pretty rusted out and the p/o poop pipe cage scares me. Plan to find a roller and build it. Not sure I want to swap all my toyota motor/wiring etc over as I sort of want an auto again on the rocks and a little more power. So my plan is a 4.3 and t350 mated to my dual cases...

Do you regret going the cpi over tbi? I know they said the cpi has a little more wiring and will need 55psi of fuel pressure atleast , I just want a reliable easy set up for my off road only truck
Im glad I got the cpi. wiring was cake work so no worries bout any of that. Im running an aftermarket fuel pump cause your right the stock yota pump cant do it. little more power too over the tbi. I would go with the CPI anyday. btw even if I did the tbi I would probably have run a factory chevy pump for it and could have done the same with my cpi modded to work with my sending unit. I like my external pump tho much more since it keeps me from having to go into the tank. get a whole rig if you do the swap much much easier to get it done and right having everything and know exactly what the motor is from.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:34 PM

this looks great man, now that i look back i wish i did the 4.3 to my 87 but hey ill stick with the 22r till it blows... in 35 years! LOL
Old 10-29-2011, 12:46 PM

thanks for your build, your thread has made me think of replacing my 22R with 4.3 v6.
Two weeks ago I pick up a V6 4.3 and will start to get it ready to place it into the Toy

Thanks again great truck
Old 11-09-2011, 03:26 PM

I looked into the howell harness etc and that started to add up quick but kindof nice to have something that is plug and play
Old 12-23-2011, 11:57 AM

Lots has been going on the past few months.

the tragic and unexpected passing of my pup bullet recently has made life pretty miserable.
taken a few months prior to his passing
\

Aside from all that sadness Ive started a new job at Olyimpic 4x4 in Snohomish WA. Been going well just trying to save for my rig. Got a snow run coming up right after Christmas so trying to get it together enough for that. I got a new quick release steering wheel from TG and a new wheel itself

And fixed my rear driveshaft which has been a huge part as to why i never take my rig out. Since its flat belly, solid motor mounts and steep driveline angle Ive had a wicked vibration at slower speeds that has driven me crazy. I scored a nice 85 cv driveshaft (saving having to mod a newer cv) from work and cut it up to go onto my d-line. I also had a 30spl output flange that bolted right up to my chain driven case saving me time having to mod my old flange that was a different pattern.
My original ujoint style and the 85 cv next to it

all welded up to mine

bolted up

My angle is about 25* this CV should really help the problem and Ill know for sure here in the next couple days with a test drive

as she sits right now yes still cageless. Steel is damn expensive and I dont got any money so it will have to wait for now

Still gotta get a bunch done on it to go this weekend so hopefully ill make it in time. If so ill post up some action shots soon
Old 12-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Contributing Member

lookin good as always
Old 12-25-2011, 09:06 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Love seeing updates on your rig!
One of my favorites on here.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:19 PM

got just a couple pics from mondays snow wheeling off hwy 2 (iron goat)

buddy seth leaning on my rig. Was stuck for a second but got out without a pull

So just some proof i do take it out lol. Serpentine belt tore very beginning of the day tho i was able to cut off the torn parts and turn it around and it ran fine the rest of the day for me. For some reason my power steering belt is miss aligned about 1/8" so gotta figure that out. Also my fuel pump went out again so im getting rid of the MSD pump and gotta find a better match. Im pretty sure the pump pushes too much pressure at my regulator making it reek like gas, run rich and fry my pump. Not sure what im gonna try thowing in next but possibly just going the best bet route and going back to an internal pump and get the pump specifically for the motor. Or maybe get an aftermarket regulator to throw in before the stock reg that can handle the pressure and not fry the pump. All in all was a good day and gives me ideas as to what needs to be worked on next (aside from cage)
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 PM

any updates in the last yr
Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by bigarms23
any updates in the last yr
Sadly not to much been done to the rig, bills have taken over the life lol. I did end up moving the motor down and back in the engine compartment and dropped the trans about 2" total. Reason being center of gravity. I didn't like how high and forward my engine was sitting. Took it out wheelin a few times this summer and had a blast. Got a few more bills to pay off (Im seriously so close) then ill be putting more time back into the truck. Probably going to start a new thread as all my pics got removed for some reason. Ill have to post back up some old and new pics.

Haven't forgotten about the runner and thanks for the interest She will live on and more will come I promise
Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM

4.3 Swap

I have a 95.5 tacoma with the 2.7 3RZ motor and have been wanting more power. I've looked at supercharging it (already picked up an Eaton M90 off a Grand Prix GTP). I had also thought about doing a 3.4 swap and using the proven TRD supercharger. After some research I came across your thread, but sadly can't seem to be able to view any of your pictures. Do you have a writeup of what exactly you did to swap in the 4.3 with pics? I love forums but sometimes it takes hours to read through and gather all the info haha.

Little info about my truck: swapped rear axle for e-locker, added a Powertrax Lock Right to the front diff, 4" OME and Toytec lift, Addicted Offroad bumper, Warn Power Plant HP winch/compressor, etc.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by hollywood0027
I have a 95.5 tacoma with the 2.7 3RZ motor and have been wanting more power. I've looked at supercharging it (already picked up an Eaton M90 off a Grand Prix GTP). I had also thought about doing a 3.4 swap and using the proven TRD supercharger. After some research I came across your thread, but sadly can't seem to be able to view any of your pictures. Do you have a writeup of what exactly you did to swap in the 4.3 with pics? I love forums but sometimes it takes hours to read through and gather all the info haha.

Little info about my truck: swapped rear axle for e-locker, added a Powertrax Lock Right to the front diff, 4" OME and Toytec lift, Addicted Offroad bumper, Warn Power Plant HP winch/compressor, etc.
Sorry man havent been on much lately. Sadly I was using myspace and other sites to host my pics and they changed there codes which in the end deleted all my pictures . Ive been thinking about starting over with a whole new thread however just dont have much time too. im sure one day ill get one back up and going on it for it. sorry man and sucks I have hundreds of pics on both my 3.4 and 4.3 swap