Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

4Runner96in's 1996 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4Runner96in's 1996 4Runner Build-Up Thread

1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5 build critera to this day
Exterior
-Yakima Roof Rack
-Brush Guard
-Fog Lights
-5% tint all the way around, 35% on the front windshield
Lift
-2.5" DayStar suspension lift
-Air Lift 1000 bags
Tires
-285/70/17 ProComp Extreme Allterrians
Rims
-FJ Rims Painted Black 17inches
Lighting
-HID 6000
-Fog lights
Interior
-Pioneer 3200bt headunit
-Alpine SPS 600 Door speakers in the front doors
-Husky Floor matts
-Trailer Brake Controller

Future Mods (open to opinions on all products or referral to different products)
Brakes
-Tundra brakes but need some help on figuring out all the data and where to get them
Air Filter
-K&N High-Flow Intake System 57-9013
Sliders
-Shrockwork
Lift (for the front)
-ToyTec coilover kit with Bilstein 5100 shocks for the front
Lighting
-HID fog lights but not sure on what to get yet

Here is a pic from when i first bought it basically

3 Years ago i got in a bad wreck where i should be dead but somehow i managed to survive the wreck unlike one of the drivers who was in the accident. A lady was trying to pass me on a 2 lane road late at night while driven to my duck club. I was pulling my 4wheeler behind me on a trailer while on my way down there. As soon as i noticed the lady was trying to pass me i basically slammed on my brakes because i heard that she had slammed on the accelrator and i noticed that ˟˟˟˟ was about to hit the roof because she was an idiot for trying to pass me. i was going 55 which was the speed limit and traffic was decent for that night. when she tried to pass me a car was coming and it was dark so i guess she miss judged the distance that the car was coming from on the opposite side of the road and i noticed that this wasnt going to turn out right. well she ended up getting basically over into my lane but side swiped me and knocked me down into a 10 foot ditch that i somehow managed to 360 out of back onto the road and the trailer ended up jack knifing into my car blowing out the back window and then i ended up hittin head on with the lady who tried to pass me. the car she hit crushed the firebird (the motor was like in the drivers seat) the man was hangin out on the back of his trunk thats how bad it crushed the car it was quite the site to c that i will never forget. so here is some pics of the damage to my car

After the wreck i sent my 4runner into the shop to get it looked at. Thank the lord i had a brush guard or else my front end would of deff looked alot worse and prob done more damage. I was actually able to drive my baby home all the way into the shop. i was scared at first to drive an hour back home but i didnt wanna pay a tow cost. i took it into the shop and they said everything looked fine so i went ahead and got the entire front end redone along with the rest of the other damages. Somehow the frame did not get bent or hurt which i am very grateful for because this car is my baby and i deff didnt want to give it up because there was no way i would be able to find another 4runner like mine with the money the insurance company was willing to give me.

Here is a pic of the car after i got it all fixed up and wat not

I had always wanted to lift my 4runner but i never knew what to do or how much to lift it because i wasnt sure of what i wanted to do. Its funny because my bfg at were starting to wear down and i needed new tires so i went up to 4wheel parts to look at new tires and i started talking to the guys and one guy said ive got some tires and rims im wanting to sell. They just happened to be the tires that i had always wanted which was bfg mudterrians and the rims were black fj rims which looked really cool so i went ahead and bought them and i also decided u know wat while im here lets go ahead and take alook at getting a lift. The price was right so i decided to get the tires and lift and it turned out to look really good when i got it back. I went with a 2.5" lift.

Shortly after i got the lift and tires i started my landscape business and i went out and bought a 16ft tandom axle trailer. I did not have trailer brakes or a controller. After about a month i decided it was time to get trailer brakes and a controller which i highly reccomed to anyone pulling a trailer daily. After a little while long i did not like how it was sagging in the back and i was scrapping on driveways when i had to pull into them i decided to get airbags put in so i went with air lift 1000 which really help out and they also give me a little bit more of a lift in the back which looks good when they are inflated to a certain psi. i do not have pictures of them but i will be taking some soon so that yall can see the upgrades. I also have bought new tires since then i got Procomp extreme at. they are 285/70/17 which is bigger than my bfg mudterrians. They do rub a little bit in the front. im going to have to fix that soon because its starting to annoy me hearing them rub.

Last edited by 4Runner96in; 08-29-2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Found out how to post pics so time to add them