Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

TRD supercharger install

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Texas_Ace
I also have an LC1 that outputted the voltage to a standalone on one of my other cars. The voltage was very stable and I don't remember seeing any way to make it have a wave pattern.
The wideband output is supposed to be linear. By setting an analog output the way shown in the screencap, it should flip-flop between the rich and lean voltages when mixture deviates from a small range around stoich.

Installing the LC-1 separately does add the safety of a redundant O2 sensor, though.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no other performance modification that comes close to the fun that the TRD Supercharger can give you.The supercharger increases performance in all areas.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dirt Driver
The wideband output is supposed to be linear. By setting an analog output the way shown in the screencap, it should flip-flop between the rich and lean voltages when mixture deviates from a small range around stoich.

Installing the LC-1 separately does add the safety of a redundant O2 sensor, though.
Thats what I thought, I have a feeling that sooner or later that will trip a CEL sadly as it would not be a true wave pattern but just flip flopping back and forth voltage with no real meaning compared to what the ECU it looking for.

It would lead to all sorts of issues, for example if it goes way leaner/richer then the specs it will flatline the voltage and it can take some time for the ECU to bring the AFR's back into range with a correctly working sensor, in this case it would almost assuredly throw a code.

Narrow band > Wideband when it comes to sensor life. Better off just leaving the stock system alone and adding another sensor.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:13 AM

I just installed one on my 96 with about 250k runs great and can't be happier. Watermeth is on the wayto the house so truck is sitting. (along with rear end stuff). You will not regret the sc it's a blast. I found two trans coolers on Craig's list for 20 bucks. I have one if them kicking about that may be a little big but if ya want it I'll send it. No hardware but the cooler is new. Pm me if ya want it. It's a trucool I think.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:40 AM

Blown96: I have a manual transmission, so no need for trans cooler, but thanks for lookin out

Texas Ace: I saw you have the Doug Thorley Headers, I was wondering what size the outlet is if it is 2.25" or 2.5 or what? I'm planning on getting the Doug Thorley headers with Magnaflow high flow cat and Magnaflow muffler. I was hoping the header were 2.5" cause I wanted to get 2.5" piping all the way out. What do you think about this setup? In your opinion what would be the best exhaust system from headers on out? also do you know which Magnaflow muffler is best for our 4runners?
Thanks again for all the help man I really appreciate it.
4x4Forner
Old 08-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4x4Forner
Texas Ace: I saw you have the Doug Thorley Headers, I was wondering what size the outlet is if it is 2.25" or 2.5 or what? I'm planning on getting the Doug Thorley headers with Magnaflow high flow cat and Magnaflow muffler. I was hoping the header were 2.5" cause I wanted to get 2.5" piping all the way out. What do you think about this setup? In your opinion what would be the best exhaust system from headers on out? also do you know which Magnaflow muffler is best for our 4runners?
Thanks again for all the help man I really appreciate it.
4x4Forner
Pretty sure it is 2.5" outlet, it lists the specs on the website.

Honestly unless you have done everything else already and still want that last bit of power or you will be pulling the motor anyways. I would not worry with headers. They are a royal pain to install and the HP gains are not that worth it until you have got a supercharger with pulley, fuel mods/meth injection ect on there. Those will net you larger gains early on.

If after you have all of that you still want more power you have to decide if you want to do headers or sell the supercharger and do a turbo which will make more power then the supercharger all day.