Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Finally Lifted 2001 4 Runner Limited 4 X 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Deceptiwave
I think the LC rear end lift is the way to go if you need a lot of flex. I can see the need for the adjustable trac bar at that point. The OME kits I think are more geared for cargo capacity increase and you get a nice lift as a side effect. I am very pleased with the amount of lift I got from the OME rear set up, and up front I have the TRD / Bilstein so its nice and level.
Interesting to know... For me, flex would be nice for bragging rights only. I need\want a lift for extra cargo weight, forging small stream \ rivers, and to stop smashing my head in the corner of my hatch when it's open! LOL

Maybe I should rethink my lift options? Do you know if the LC coils sacrifice weight capacity for more flex? Or can they handle the same weight but have more flex as well?

Or am I doing what I normally do and am overthinking this whole thing?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My personal opinion is to go OME, I have done a ton of research and I have also talked to the guys at Slee until their ears bled. Just kidding, almost. Anyway those guys are big in the LandCruiser market, but they also handle everything Toyota. They do not recommend the LC coils in the rear, Ben can explain better than I can. Call and talk to Ben or Christo, they know what they are talking about. If it has to do with a Toyota 4wd vehicle, they'll have you covered. And yes I am biased, but I live like 5 minutes from there so I can bug them a lot and I'm hard to get rid of.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by psraff
Interesting to know... For me, flex would be nice for bragging rights only. I need\want a lift for extra cargo weight, forging small stream \ rivers, and to stop smashing my head in the corner of my hatch when it's open! LOL

Maybe I should rethink my lift options? Do you know if the LC coils sacrifice weight capacity for more flex? Or can they handle the same weight but have more flex as well?

My LC coils have handled extra weight much better than the multiple sets of OME 891s I have run. From personal experience, the 891s worked okay for a while but once I started adding the weight of aftermarket bumpers, sliders and recovery/camping gear, I found that they started settling pretty badly. I ended up running a 1" Cornfed spacer on top of the 891s just to get some ride height back.

The LC coils aren't for everyone. They are tall springs when installed new and will be even taller if you don't have the extra weight above stock. You need to figure out what you really want.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:41 AM
Contributing Member

Hey man, love the way your truck sits now. Looks really good. I'm surprised you were resting on the bumpstops in the back, but I guess the 01's are pretty saggy. I'd love to get my saggy rear up to where yours is.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by psraff

I dont know what the weight capacity is for the LC coils. I would think they will hold quite a bit as they are taller than OME. But I understand they are more flexy so maybe they are not able to hold a ton of extra weight in order to stay more flexible.
I only can speak about my own set up on my truck, and I am very impressed with the OME kit. It has settled maybe 1/2 inch in 6 months and I havent really been hauling much in it. A few times its carried 400-500 pounds in the cargo area, then a few trailer pulls.
I'm happy with it.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont know what the weight capacity is for the LC coils. I would think they will hold quite a bit as they are taller than OME. But I understand they are more flexy so maybe they are not able to hold a ton of extra weight in order to stay more flexible.
I only can speak about my own set up on my truck, and I am very impressed with the OME kit. It has settled maybe 1/2 inch in 6 months and I havent really been hauling much in it. A few times its carried 400-500 pounds in the cargo area, then a few trailer pulls.
I'm happy with it.
All the more reason to sell me that panhard bar! lol

j/k Deceptiwave
Old 05-25-2010, 07:51 AM

Hehe - yeah no kidding ... I am still tracking a OEM trac bar.

Side note - Has anybody tried or heard of doing 2 of the 10mm OME spacers on the same coil for a little extra lift? I have one sppacer on each 890 coil now, just want to add a little rake back to the rear.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hehe - yeah no kidding ... I am still tracking a OEM trac bar.

Side note - Has anybody tried or heard of doing 2 of the 10mm OME spacers on the same coil for a little extra lift? I have one sppacer on each 890 coil now, just want to add a little rake back to the rear.
check this thread
Old 09-24-2010, 08:14 AM

Looks great, I think I may go with the 883s for added weight up front.