Old 03-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy crap that looks soooo awesome!

Man those IPF's are enormous!!!!!
Old 03-07-2004, 02:13 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I was just thinking how big the lights were until I saw the pics of both rigs side by side!!!

WOW!
Guys those rigs are just downright awesome! Something about seeing 2 hardcore 4runners side by side that's just so nice!
Old 03-07-2004, 05:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...Did you do any extra triming on the end rails to make it fit so well??? I've seen pictures of a few others on Runners and they still had a big gap between the back edge of the bumper and the body even with the trim. Not from Body Lifts but because the bumper sits too far away from the body.
Like this one:
http://wecool.net/4runner/Sahara/P2220005.JPG
Nope. Once we got it on, I just gave it a really good shove to get it as far back as possible...

It was asked already but did the bumper come painted? Also what made you decide on the Sahara bumper compared to the other ARB in the pic? I've got an 2001 SE runner and i am deciding on which ARB to get. What are your plans for the stock bumper? How much is do you think I could sell an 01 stock bumper with the fog light included? I dont think I will need the lights after the upgrade.
No, I had to paint it after it got here and before I assembled it. I just liked the looks of the Sahara better than the other options and I liked the idea of having integrated fogs and decently-matching blinker lenses. The stock bumper was damaged during a wreck back in December, so I'm parting it out on eBay when I get around to cleaning up the parts and taking pics. If you have a limited bumper with the OEM fogs, then you should be able to get $350-$450 depending on how much someone has to pay for shipping...

Man those IPF's are enormous!!!!!
Yeah, something like 9 inch diameter, I think...
Old 03-07-2004, 08:12 AM

Do the fogs that go into the ARB connect to the existing wiring harness toyota has there for stock fogs?

Last edited by spiff; 03-07-2004 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:27 AM

Damn- the matching color looks sweet and I think the crome bar looks good with the fog lights. What's the weight on that bad boy?
Old 03-07-2004, 09:14 AM
Banned

Do the fogs that go into the ARB connect to the existing wiring harness toyota has there for stock fogs?
You have to splice into it, but it's very simple and everything is supplied. I'm using the factory wiring so I can use the switch for the factory fogs...

Damn- the matching color looks sweet and I think the crome bar looks good with the fog lights. What's the weight on that bad boy?
Thanks... It's not too bad. Maybe 100#, but I'm guessing at that. It's definitely heavier than the OEM assembly, but not by a whole lot.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Contributing Member

What about my questions about the weight and the material of the bumper? How does it compair to the other ARB? and even the TJM-15/17?
Old 03-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
What about my questions about the weight and the material of the bumper? How does it compair to the other ARB? and even the TJM-15/17?
To me, it seems that they are comparable in the MOC's, but the ARB Bull Bar has more metal and a heavier hoop, so therefore, it weighs a little more. I don't know about the TJM's...
Old 03-07-2004, 03:30 PM

I think I want one. This website is killing my wallet.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:36 PM

can you take the hope off easy. What does it look like with out the hoop? Is there holes in the top of the bumper where the hoop fits on.

thanks

Yours is one of the nicest looking I have seen.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by bamachem
Nope. Once we got it on, I just gave it a really good shove to get it as far back as possible...
This ARB just bolted-on then? You didn't have to cut off the end rails of the frame?

I was looking towards a TJM b/c it's a straight bolt-on. I always thought the ARB's required modification of the frame ?

Also--what is that trim piece you used to fill the space betwen the top of the ARB and the grill/body of the 4Runner? ( e.g., to fill the gap that's seen on the other ARB/4Runner).

Old 03-08-2004, 05:26 PM
lee
Contributing Member

holy ˟˟˟˟˟

awesome.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Other 4Runner

Originally Posted by 4FonZ
This ARB just bolted-on then? You didn't have to cut off the end rails of the frame?

I was looking towards a TJM b/c it's a straight bolt-on. I always thought the ARB's required modification of the frame ?

Also--what is that trim piece you used to fill the space betwen the top of the ARB and the grill/body of the 4Runner? ( e.g., to fill the gap that's seen on the other ARB/4Runner).

I helped bamachem and we cut the end caps off a bit at the top and bottom to be flush with the frame and just left the sides sticking out. The ARB slid up next to the frame, and bolted on in (5) places on each side, so it wasn't just a straight up bolt on.

The othe 4Runner is mine and it has a 2 inch body lift that the red one does not have. The red ARB does have a little plastic piece that snaps onto the top of the ARB with grommets but it has to be trimmed as it is made to fit onto a Prado.

Old 03-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4runner4me
can you take the hope off easy. What does it look like with out the hoop? Is there holes in the top of the bumper where the hoop fits on...
I think you mean the HOOP. It has a bolt on each side and can be removed, but that would leave a gaping hole in each side of the black plastic trim unless you found something to fill it with...

This ARB just bolted-on then? You didn't have to cut off the end rails of the frame? I was looking towards a TJM b/c it's a straight bolt-on. I always thought the ARB's required modification of the frame? Also--what is that trim piece you used to fill the space betwen the top of the ARB and the grill/body of the 4Runner? ( e.g., to fill the gap that's seen on the other ARB/4Runner).
It bolts to the frame, but you have to trim the endcaps. Not as much as you do for an ARB Bull Bar, but some trimming is required. If you wanted to go back to stock, you'd have to weld on new end plates. The trim pieces come with it. I was going to use the upper valence from my OEM bumper, but the OEM bumper is a little narrower than this one so it wouldn't work.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Banned

Here's a couple more pics of the ARB with the fogs and both blinkers installed...

Old 03-15-2004, 04:56 PM

That is a sweet rig. The side-by-side shots are great as well. Excellent comparison of two beautiful 4Runners. Good job guys!
Mike
Old 03-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Contributing Member

Andrew,
Looks great! WOW! I'm still gonna get those brackets from you. I just haven't had time to get by because I've been working so much. Congrats again on the new look. Later.

Matt
Old 03-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Rigs

For some reason I still like the black one better.

Looking good homes!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Contributing Member

That shot with all the lights on looks awesome!
You should get a dusk-shot like that
Old 03-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

You only have 8 lights shinning out the front of your truck. I think you got room for at least four more. But not more then four, b/c that would just be an overkill

just kidding ... looks good

Quick Reply: ARB Sahara Bumper is FINALLY installed... PICS