Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

AndyMod 2.0. ABS Remains Active.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aowRS
I’m the ‘Andy’ behind the AndyMod. My 4Runner is a 2001 SR5 4WD auto.

Andreas
Thanks, aowRS. I appreciate the quick response. Now I can move forward with confidence.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:03 AM

“One week” later...

Originally Posted by liftedorlowered
I know this thread is long dead, but there's such a need for this mod (VSC and TRAC sucks on my wife's T4R), so I'm posting to it for posterity. It's my wife's car, she doesn't mind VSC and TRAC, and it regularly almost kills me. I'm sure that I'll turn it off when I drive it, then my wife will get in it and be pissed off at me when she has to toggle the switch and then restart her car. My thinking is that (since it requires a restart to re-enable the traction control), I can install a momentary switch that defaults to closed circuit and then opens when you press it. I'm thinking if you push it in and hold it, it'll disconnect that circuit long enough to kill the VSC and TRAC and then when my wife goes to drive it, it'll be stock again. Ordered the switch, I'll update this thread when I get it done (shouldn't be more than a week or so).
Haha, so 3 years later... I did this as I described shortly after my above post, and it works like a charm. We’ve been using this mod for years now, and it’s great.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:37 PM

where is the wire that isnt conncted to the V18-3 pin going?
Old 04-29-2020, 09:43 PM

Any Sequoia owners here doing AndyMod 2.0

This popped up again for me as high interest. Although I've had the Stealership replace most of the ABS systems' under hood components, my 2001 Sequoia is at the age where wheel sensors and center console located YAW sensor are throwing errors intermittently and sometimes causing rough and potentially dangerous driving as they shake and shutter.

I never did the AndyMod focused on the connectors at the Master Brake cylinder because the 2001 Sequoia Master Cylinder doesn't look like the MBC used in the T4R solutions.

Is there a cross-walk solution tested and working for the early Sequoias? Any Sequoia owners here?
Old 10-19-2020, 08:57 AM

I know this is an old thread but I just did this to my 02 and I can't seem to get the vsc or trac to turn off, no dash lights with the switch in either position or it unplugged all together. Any ideas?
Old 12-29-2021, 04:04 PM

Will a rocker switch work just as well

My question is will the ABS remain active in the 2.0 mod if a rocker switch is used and left in the off position...?

Last edited by D0rkmatt3r; 12-29-2021 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:47 AM

Wiring color for 2wd

Originally Posted by Rock Slide
I’m putting this updated information out there to better reach the masses. YT member aowRS created the AndyMod. YT member Beto recently discovered an update to it; Thus, I'm passing that updated information along. Beto also created his own version of the AndyMod, better known as the “Bagel Mod”. (For more information on that mod, view his thread here: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/n...switch-195040/.)

In this 2nd version of the AndyMod, ABS remains active. Granted, you will still have to kill the engine to regain VSC & TRAC just as before, but the good news is, ABS remains active throughout the entire process (it was disabled in the 1st version). Plus, there’s no need to run a pair of wires thru the firewall as previously done. All the connections are now made under the dash. You decide which version of the Andymod you prefer.

Here's a link to the original AndyMod: Click Me

AndyMod 2.0:

Locate the VSC computer under the dash near the driver’s kick panel. The connector you are interested in is the 2nd one from the top (V18). Pull this connector out and locate Terminal V18-3. It’s a Red wire with Black Tracer. (EDIT: Note that the pin diagram below is as you look at the back of the connector - where the wires go into the connector.) Thanks Beto for the photo.

Skid Control (VSC) ECU Under Dash:

Attachment 185607

I cut this red wire with black tracer and crimped a pair of new wiring to the cut ends. (Feel free to solder these connections if you'd rather):

Attachment 185608

Ran the pair of wires up to my dash mounted fog light switch:

Attachment 185609

Fog Light Switch Installed (on the right). Toyota switch Part#: PT297-89013-SW:

Attachment 185610

TRAC ON/OFF Decal Added:

Attachment 185611

I purchased the above decal from YT member Justdoitmikey. For more information on these decals, visit his thread here: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f109...ticker-162624/

Once the switch is installed, you’re done. Simply activate the switch in either 2WD or 4WD with the vehicle on or off. Wait a few seconds and you’ll notice both the VSC and TRAC OFF lights appear to let you know they have been disabled. Flip the toggle switch back and restart your vehicle to regain VSC and TRAC.

hey so I own a 2001 2wd the wire colors are not the same as this I was wondering if someone knew the VSC/TRAC wire color for the 2wd models
Old 01-19-2022, 05:35 PM

Cannot get lights off

So when I bout my 01 SR5 from a guy, he had the Andy mod installed. I was able to get lights on and off at first and they got kicked back on again. And it's been too long and I don't recall the sequence in pressing switches etc. It's a simple fog light switch, I thought he originally told me I had to press the transfer case button and then toggle the fog light switch but no matter what I try after restarting the truck they always come back on. The only thing I can do is get the ABS to come on and off. Help!
Originally Posted by Rock Slide
I’m putting this updated information out there to better reach the masses. YT member aowRS created the AndyMod. YT member Beto recently discovered an update to it; Thus, I'm passing that updated information along. Beto also created his own version of the AndyMod, better known as the “Bagel Mod”. (For more information on that mod, view his thread here: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/n...switch-195040/.)

In this 2nd version of the AndyMod, ABS remains active. Granted, you will still have to kill the engine to regain VSC & TRAC just as before, but the good news is, ABS remains active throughout the entire process (it was disabled in the 1st version). Plus, there’s no need to run a pair of wires thru the firewall as previously done. All the connections are now made under the dash. You decide which version of the Andymod you prefer.

Here's a link to the original AndyMod: Click Me

AndyMod 2.0:

Locate the VSC computer under the dash near the driver’s kick panel. The connector you are interested in is the 2nd one from the top (V18). Pull this connector out and locate Terminal V18-3. It’s a Red wire with Black Tracer. (EDIT: Note that the pin diagram below is as you look at the back of the connector - where the wires go into the connector.) Thanks Beto for the photo.

Skid Control (VSC) ECU Under Dash:

Attachment 185607

I cut this red wire with black tracer and crimped a pair of new wiring to the cut ends. (Feel free to solder these connections if you'd rather):

Attachment 185608

Ran the pair of wires up to my dash mounted fog light switch:

Attachment 185609

Fog Light Switch Installed (on the right). Toyota switch Part#: PT297-89013-SW:

Attachment 185610

TRAC ON/OFF Decal Added:

Attachment 185611

I purchased the above decal from YT member Justdoitmikey. For more information on these decals, visit his thread here: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f109...ticker-162624/

Once the switch is installed, you’re done. Simply activate the switch in either 2WD or 4WD with the vehicle on or off. Wait a few seconds and you’ll notice both the VSC and TRAC OFF lights appear to let you know they have been disabled. Flip the toggle switch back and restart your vehicle to regain VSC and TRAC.