Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

4runner fix up cbus ohio

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well tried it , was a no go . The bolt was held on by the dark side of the force : ) I took it in to the muffler shop and the same guy cut it off and threw the new one on , greased all my u joints and the new fittings , he pulled it off the lift and said how's 10 bucks sound? I said man you saved me a lot of grief , here's 20 , 12 pack on me tonight . Cool folks at that tire shop .
Old 05-13-2013, 10:06 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Happy to help. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:26 AM

I bought a camper so my 4runner projects are done for a while . She's running great and looking good . So this summer I'll be working on the camper and motorcycle. So if I don't hear from y'all for a while you will know what I'm doing . I'll be back wrenching on the 4runner when I get the other projects finished . Thanks for all the helpful insight and have a great summer.
Name:  IMG_20130604_124747.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  186.7 KB

Last edited by hoghead420; 06-13-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man, I haven't had much time to get on YT lately, but wanted to check back on your progress.

The 4Runner looks great, and ready to do some hauling for the Summer! Very nice work on the runner, definitely check back when you start working on it again.

Congrats on the camper, that'll be a cool project for you. If you want, make a thread in the off-topic or another area and let us know what you got going on with the camper.

Have a great Summer as well! Or, what's left of it!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:28 PM

Good to hear from ya , yea I've got myself quite a project at the minute. I'm working 24/7 at the moment, house painter , I get crazy busy in the summer . I've installed a white rubber roof "white" to help keep sun out , that was interesting . My first time working with rubber . Moved the ac unit on the roof and eliminated a vent and skylight. striped the interior of the camper , taken a wire wheel to the metal studs , sprayed with rustolum heavy rust primer , re designed the interior, built a cool L couch . I have to adjust the hydraulic ram bar and aircraft cables next , then start reassemble the interior insulation and use FRP instead of the crappy camper junk they had before. I think its going to be pretty amazing for a camper . My mom does custom fabric work and she's making me the L couch and bed couch covers out of a nice woods type camo . Saw something similar on duck dynasty lol . I've done home remodeling my whole life , but gotta say RVs are a little different ,but almost the same . So that's what I'm doing , and also fishing whenever I can get a day to go . Gotta love summer . I've got picts of all the craziness I'm doing to the camper. So I might start up an off topic thread when I'm not so busy . Take it easy , and I'll check in later .
Old 07-03-2013, 02:25 PM

4Runner looks awesome I like the white and black color scheme. I also just got a white one and plan on getting her to the same look till I can afford bronze wheels and bumpers. Gonna work on the grill soon and was wondering what you used to paint yours with.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:12 PM

Hey beard , I used rustoleum black satin for the front bumper and grill , then flat black for the brush guard . It looks good in contrast. Just sand it down really good and you can always use an etching primer if you really want it to stick . It still looks good , about 4 months later . I did my rims in black satin and a satin clear. They look great . Hope it helps
Old 07-07-2013, 04:34 AM

Sure did help thanks, but I decided to try out the rustoleum advanced formula with the primer and paint combined and it sucked, sprayed it and clumps would come out almost like it was mini bedliner, both white and black cans did this lol. Turned out better than stock anyways, heres a before and after picture.

Grill needed some work bad
Name:  20130705_143436_zps05bd7e24.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  139.3 KB

Also decided on taking the chrome flares off after much thought dreading what was underneath, just a bunch of black grime.

A few other guys and me go out to a place just before Zanesville about an hour from Columbus most Saturdays to help cut new trails and run them down. You should check it out if your interested, heres the website and some pictures of the place on my photobucket. http://offroadohio.com/viewforum.php...659fe83be79989
http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/Bu...?sort=3&page=1

Painting the front bumper today and the toytec lift and tires getting done tommorow! by the way sorry for the threadjack

Last edited by BurningBeard; 07-07-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:48 AM

Lookin good man , Glad to have you around,and doing some mods to the runner , I'm in zanesville right now working. I'd love to check out some trails . I like your ride , looks like mine did when I got it . Yea man , personally I stay away from paint and primer combos , never liked em . I use a can of primer , then topcoat . I wish I had more time right to talk , I'm going fishing as we speak . If you have questions or wanna hit them trails hit me up at 6143781809. Good luck on the bumper and I'll check back to see how ya did
Old 07-09-2013, 04:33 AM

Thanks man, yeah were gonna be twins after my wheels go black. Never seen an even remotely modified 4runner around central ohio yet either. I can see why you avoid them now, but im young and have lots to learn about trucks.

Hope your fishing trip went well, this Ohio weather is getting on my nerves lol rain for a week straight I cant even take any good pictures. What are your future plans for the runner? I just got a build thread going if you wanna check out the lift!
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f200.../#post52095003
Old 07-09-2013, 06:40 AM

Man the lift and tires really set that baby off . I'm planing on a lift but my other toys need some attention first . You must have a 2000 or something , your rims are a little different than mine , you have clear front turn signals , and your rear emblems look not in the same area as mine were before I moved them . I like the style of rims you have a little more than mine . Just so you know you can find a lot of extras and aftermarket parts on Craigslist. I found my brush guard for 40 bucks on cl. Yea this rain really needs to stop , its been like a month already , rain everyday. Sucks. I did see a guy on the east side of cbus that had a army green 4runner and it was outta this world , had a snorkle kit , black rims lifted up , winch on the front brush guard . He was on it .
I'm either going to get a lift on mine or sell it soon , I need a big truck to haul my camper , the runner will do it , but I don't wanna tear it up hauling. The 3.4 is pretty sluggish towing , even with the power tow switch engaged , but It got it here. But I need to tow it to Florida , so might need to get rid of the 4runner as bad as it sounds. My camper project is a little more work than I anticipated, but nothing good ever comes easy .

I'd love to keep her if I could find some kinda weight distribution solution for the towing situation. I'd be all ears if anyone knows something about the subject.

Your doing a great job on the rig man , keep at it , your 4 runner will look like a "zombie response vehicle" in no time : )
Old 07-09-2013, 05:46 PM

Good to see that thing coming along. Def like it. Last time I checked your thread I just put my Ome lift on. Well recently I put a lockright locker in the rear and man what a difference it made. We just got back from haspin acres last Monday had a blast. I will try and load some pics from it later. Def need to do a little cbus meet and at least get the rigs muddy.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by hoghead420
Man the lift and tires really set that baby off . I'm planing on a lift but my other toys need some attention first . You must have a 2000 or something , your rims are a little different than mine , you have clear front turn signals , and your rear emblems look not in the same area as mine were before I moved them . I like the style of rims you have a little more than mine . Just so you know you can find a lot of extras and aftermarket parts on Craigslist. I found my brush guard for 40 bucks on cl. Yea this rain really needs to stop , its been like a month already , rain everyday. Sucks. I did see a guy on the east side of cbus that had a army green 4runner and it was outta this world , had a snorkle kit , black rims lifted up , winch on the front brush guard . He was on it .
I'm either going to get a lift on mine or sell it soon , I need a big truck to haul my camper , the runner will do it , but I don't wanna tear it up hauling. The 3.4 is pretty sluggish towing , even with the power tow switch engaged , but It got it here. But I need to tow it to Florida , so might need to get rid of the 4runner as bad as it sounds. My camper project is a little more work than I anticipated, but nothing good ever comes easy .

I'd love to keep her if I could find some kinda weight distribution solution for the towing situation. I'd be all ears if anyone knows something about the subject.

Your doing a great job on the rig man , keep at it , your 4 runner will look like a "zombie response vehicle" in no time : )
Thanks man its also real nice to sit a little higher and feel that familiar mud tire vibration again. Ive got a 2001, and I love these five stars as well, might not even upgrade to offset wheels if I like them in black. Only problem is I dont know about using wheel spacers offroad. Do you have the five stars with an open air strip in all the spokes? Relocating and painting my emblems are probably the cheapest mod on my list so thats whats next I guess, what did you use to reapply your emblems?

Thanks for the tip im gonna have another website to regularly check now lol. That green 4runner sounds badass, ive always had a thing for army green trucks since my dad painted his Samurai that color. I work concrete in the summers and havent gone in for a week lol I dont know whether to be pissed or excited. Yeah I see what you mean your camper isnt little by any means, only advice I can give you is to go through lots of build threads until you find someone with a picture of them towing and ask them for advice. Hope everything works out and you get to keep her shes to nice to get rid of.

Probably gonna be going out to the offroad park in roseville next Saturday ill get in touch with you when its closer, thats Zombie Response Vehicle is hilarious, we always referred to my Samurai as a Mad Max Apocalypse machine.