86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

John4wd's 1993 DLX Pickup Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 05:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by john4wd
Hello everybody,

It's been since 03-03-2012 since I've been on Yotatech and I missed it and everybody greatly, I still miss my Toy :{ even after almost a year and a half I'm still sad! Today I saw a 82 Toyota Trailblazer on CL for sale in Atlanta for 4K and wish I had 4K to buy it, it is a sweet truck and just about stock looking, rebuilt 22R "has a vacuum leak so it sputters some" has bigger tires but looks sweet and after texting with seller all day talking about toys of all years and models.

I decided it was long enough and went through my build pages and just remember how I had so much fun building her and then the heart break seeing the wreaked pic at the end for the first time since before this time last year and I do hope it has helped out someone since I tried to explain all the upgrades from start to finish with pics.

I still have the 94 Mazda B2300 2WD glad I didn't sell it after toy was done whew! And it's starting to fall apart rust wise, but still runs great with almost 275K on the ticker, came out of Walmart last Wednesday and the bumper was hanging down, bracket rusted away :}LOL got it held on and up with budgies.....

I'm still not back to work my lower back pain is still very uncomfortable and right knee can't lift my weight, and walking my feet goes numb and so I'm going back to driving a semi since it's easy to do to just sit and drive most of the time, I have to do vans since not able to do flats anymore and get insurance so I can have my back and knee x-rayed to see what up in both area's, I think I have arthritis in both area's and that would suck, that stuff never goes away.

If I do get another toy it will be a Taco with an automatic and I bet a pre-runner for less maintenance since it will be hard for me to get underneath, I'm sorry for being a 86-95 turn coat. I'm finally selling my extra parts on CL to get money and to finally saying goodbye one piece at a time, selling engine stand tomorrow. I hope everybody who visit my build page is fine and family healthy and I do really miss coming here for boasting my great toy and getting and giving help.

Thanks and I appreciate everything. They never did find the hit and run driver, they had a vehicle description from witnesses but nothing came of it. I better get going because getting sad again and depressed and sleep will make me feel better, I'll try and pop in every once in a while. Tater!!!!!

John.....

John, Glad to hear you are doing ok. I cant imagine how hard it is trying to get healed up. But like chief said, You will get there buddy. Keep us updated when you can.

Mark
Old 05-23-2013, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear you're doing better, John. It's too bad justice hasn't been served yet. Keep us updated!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by john4wd
Hello everybody,

It's been since 03-03-2012 since I've been on Yotatech and I missed it and everybody greatly, I still miss my Toy :{ even after almost a year and a half I'm still sad! Today I saw a 82 Toyota Trailblazer on CL for sale in Atlanta for 4K and wish I had 4K to buy it, it is a sweet truck and just about stock looking, rebuilt 22R "has a vacuum leak so it sputters some" has bigger tires but looks sweet and after texting with seller all day talking about toys of all years and models.

I decided it was long enough and went through my build pages and just remember how I had so much fun building her and then the heart break seeing the wreaked pic at the end for the first time since before this time last year and I do hope it has helped out someone since I tried to explain all the upgrades from start to finish with pics.

I still have the 94 Mazda B2300 2WD glad I didn't sell it after toy was done whew! And it's starting to fall apart rust wise, but still runs great with almost 275K on the ticker, came out of Walmart last Wednesday and the bumper was hanging down, bracket rusted away :}LOL got it held on and up with budgies.....

I'm still not back to work my lower back pain is still very uncomfortable and right knee can't lift my weight, and walking my feet goes numb and so I'm going back to driving a semi since it's easy to do to just sit and drive most of the time, I have to do vans since not able to do flats anymore and get insurance so I can have my back and knee x-rayed to see what up in both area's, I think I have arthritis in both area's and that would suck, that stuff never goes away.

If I do get another toy it will be a Taco with an automatic and I bet a pre-runner for less maintenance since it will be hard for me to get underneath, I'm sorry for being a 86-95 turn coat. I'm finally selling my extra parts on CL to get money and to finally saying goodbye one piece at a time, selling engine stand tomorrow. I hope everybody who visit my build page is fine and family healthy and I do really miss coming here for boasting my great toy and getting and giving help.

Thanks and I appreciate everything. They never did find the hit and run driver, they had a vehicle description from witnesses but nothing came of it. I better get going because getting sad again and depressed and sleep will make me feel better, I'll try and pop in every once in a while. Tater!!!!!

John.....
John,
I'm glad that you got back on here and checked in with the guys!!! Sounds like everybody was worried about you. I did enjoy our chat the other day, I didn't realize how bad that accident was for you. I really hope something good comes your way, I feel that it will. Its like I said, bad stuff always happens to good people, but it can't be bad all the time!! Keep playin that power ball!!! You did some nice work and really good write ups on here, and I feel like this ain't gonna be the last time we see a build thread for you!! If you ever get a chance to head down south, come look me up. If I still have the Trailblazer I will defiantly put you behind the wheel!!! Keep your head up brother, we're all keepin you in our thoughts!! I hope you get to feelin better!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks to everyone who's wishes me the best since my update a few days ago and after me being gone for almost a year and a half and is very much appreciated. I always in that time wanted to check in and look at my thread and my pictures but I avoided it and I hope people understand why. I try to keep my head up but it's difficult.

jyou9 I didn't know if you would check out my thread and I'm glad you did, you see how sweet that truck was:} I have your CL listing on my favorites and do like to see your Trailblazer every once in a while a day and just imagine what I would do to it, first would do what we discussed and put on a Weber and get rid of the emissions since here in IN we don't have vehicle inspections. Or if I was really ambitious I would swap in a new 22-RE :}

I am looking into getting back in a semi van hauling since that is the only job that pays good that I know that's not very labor involved because of my physical limitations and mostly I just sit and drive. I love doing local flats but that is out.

I have been searching CL for Tacoma's to get an idea on prices for an xtra cab with an automatic and lots I say lots are pre-runners Oh well they are awful pricey too, so might be a while and I'm not sure how long the B2300 will last.....

Thanks again my Yota friends
Old 05-26-2013, 11:31 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Dude! SOOOO glad to hear from ya in here! Keep pressing in, and best wishes on a continued recovery man!