86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Bojangles 1987&1994 Toyota pickup build-up thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Bojangles 1994 Pick-em-up build-em-up thread

Alright fellas...This is my official 1994 Toyota pickup build-up thread.
Its gonna be a semi slow process, ive already done a lot to the truck and i wish i would have put more pictures up.
Im 17 years old working at a Marina here in good ole Georgetown SC. And money is tight now a days, But most of every paycheck that comes in, goes right into my truck .
I just wanted to have a thread to keep track of my progress on the truck.
SO...Here we go.

One day, I was riding down a residential street a few miles away and saw a BEAUTIFUL (to me) Yota…
Sitting in the guys yard…

I went back 2 days later with 2750 cash and she was mine (He was trying to buy a house and he got his girlfriend pregnant…he got charged with a DUI and lost his license, the truck had been sitting for a couple months and he had no hope of getting his license anytime soon, so he had to do what he had to do)

At the time 1994 Toyota pickup, 4x4, New 22RE with a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty from Jasper Engines…The engine had 700 Miles on it when I drove it out of his yard. 4” suspension lift from Skyjacker, 32X11.50R15 Trailblazer M/T’s that were about shot…Stock 4.10 gears. And bondo’d up ready for paint, It was a steal!
When I bought it the idle would jump between 1000 and 2000 RPM’s when I would touch the brakes…The previous owner swore this was due to the timing being off…I found this to be the Coolant Temperature Sensor…$20.00 bucks and had it fixed with no problem. I also bought a set of shocks and a steering stabilizer from Rough Country to put on hoping it would smooth up my ride a little bit .
A few kids were playing with their dog in their front yard, and the dog decided to chase something across the road, I slammed on brakes and busted my brake lines because they were rusted through…I paid a fella I know to replace the brake lines and gas lines and UV joints. While he was at it I got him to rebuild the rear end and front end with new bearings(Because the Ring gear and Pinion were still in good condition and I did not have the money to purchase 4.88’s or 5.29’s to put back in it)…He did all of this for 300 bucks, Must have been hungry. Haha.
One night I found a little bit of mud to mess with, Nothing impressive, but I was excited to have mud on the truck for the first time!!!

I brought her home from work one day and decided to flex the good ole IFS one time.

Got me a personal sticker made that I knew NO ONE had around SC!

At 16 years old, a thousand dollars is hard to come by…But all I wanted was a brand new set of mud terrains…So dagum it I got me some 33X12.50R15 Cooper Discoverer stt’s.

I sanded that bondo down real good and went to it with the paint

A buddie of mine had a 1992 Toyota pickup that he had a black brush guard on and decided he didn’t want it anymore…Brush guard $10 bucks Fog lights at Autozone $40.00

Right around this time someone came up and offered me $1500 cash for my old Toyota pickup that was Just sitting there…I thought long and hard about it and since I needed the money, I went ahead and sold it to the guy with the understanding that if he ever wanted to get rid of it I would be the first one he called. I bought it for $800, sold it for $1500….Not to bad huh? Dang I missed that truck so freakin much! When he drove off with her I almost cried! Felt like my heart was being ripped out!

When i bought her

When i sold her .

So now I only have my 1994 Toyota Pickup, 4x4, 22RE, 4” Skyjacker suspension lift, 33X12.50R15 Discoverer Stt’s, Stock 4.10 gearing.
So…Onward!!!
Realllllllllly cute girl from the beach called me up, and as we were talking she stated the fact that she had never been muddin…So I did what any gentleman would do …..

If you look real close, you can see where she scratched Josh <3’s Haley….Literally scratched. Haha. VV

Rode by the scrap yard recently and saw a claw about to pick a vehicle up that looked very familiar…I ran over and stopped the crane operator and went inside to talk to his boss…You wont guess what I found!!!

And I yes…I bought her back for $150 bucks! I called the guy I sold it to and he told me he threw a rod through the bottom of the motor because his oil pan drain plug came out, and drained all the oil out while he was playing in the mud. I guess he was to embarrassed to admit that he had done this so he took it straight to the scrap yard without letting me know!!! @$$ ****!!!! She is currently sitting at my buddies house with no motor while I look for a 22R/302/305. .

Thanks for looking guys, Ill add more pictures as I upgrade different little things here and there Like I said…Probably gonna be a long and slow process with this 17 year olds minimum wage paychecks. Haha.

Last edited by Bojangles; 12-14-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice man! sounds like my build. oh and only 3 of your pictures are working for me?

edit: nevermind they all work now
Old 12-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Haha as soon as i posted the thread i bout cursed when i saw only 3 popped up. But i fixed it!
And thank ya sir!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:53 AM

Just found these pics wayyyy back in the computer somewhere!
I slid onto a dirt road and there was a Tahoe that needed to be avoided. So i decided the ditch was the best option.

This is with my old tires on the truck.

Last edited by Bojangles; 12-09-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:06 AM

cool trucks
Old 12-09-2010, 08:10 AM

did the tahoe just leave? what a dick
Old 12-09-2010, 09:10 AM

N16ht5 Thanks bo. Sooner or later im hoping to SAS one of them...Hopefully the 94 .

Yeah he just drove off...It was about an 09 model with 20" rims and he was slam in the middle of the road. I wish i coulda got my hands on that boy.

Trending Topics

Old 12-09-2010, 10:46 AM

that sucks man.i woulda gotten his license plate then gone to his house and teach that boy a lesson
Old 12-09-2010, 11:03 AM

That would have been nice, But by the time i turned around he was already gone.
Oh well
Now someone throw some ideas at me of what i should do with my 94 (The 87 has no motor so it is stationary and the least of my worries right now ha), i have a little bit of money in my pocket and im starting to get that itch. haha.

Last edited by Bojangles; 12-09-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:06 AM

Tell us more about your headlights. Retro projectors or are they ebay projectors?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:11 AM

Those were def Cheepo's from ebay, i regretted buying them the first day...
Although they looked good, i couldn't see a dagum thing at night.
After riding dirt roads and almost running straight into the woods because i couldn't see anything, i decided to put my old headlights back in.
I would NOT reccomend waisting 50 bucks on them.
Although i believe the ones i got off of ebay that are on the truck now are pretty nice. VVVVVVVVV

Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 AM

get one of these

Old 12-09-2010, 11:15 AM

Ive got one .
158 DB's.
I haven't put it in, but it'll tickle your eardrums when it goes off haha.
Ill post a picture tonight!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya i had some of them black head lights and driving on back roads at night with is pretty much not happening. i was coming home at 11 one night and it was so bad i had to stop and call a buddy and follow him
Old 12-09-2010, 12:30 PM

Yeah they are def not for an unlighted area...
I wouldn't even re-sell them to any of my buddies haha they suck that bad.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya man man i even threw some bright hid lights in them and still couldnt see
Old 12-09-2010, 02:19 PM

what county do you live in? the roads behind your truck look very familiar haha
Old 12-09-2010, 02:52 PM

Haha i planned on buying new bulbs for them, but i figured they wouldn't help.
So i went ahead and put my old ones back in haha.

And im out here in good ole Georgetown county, South Carolina.

While im commenting, ive got a question (I may post a new thread to)
Im replacing my transmission in a couple days and im going to go ahead and put a new clutch, pressure plate, release bearing, rear main seal, all that good stuff in it...
But my question is, Should i go with the stock Autozone clutch, or should i invest a little more money for the marlin crawler clutch? Is it any better? What does the clutch kit from marlin include? Would it be better for my 33's im running? And i plan on putting 35's on soon so im guessing a more heavy duty clutch would be better?
Thanks guys.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:57 PM

oh ok, im from sumter, sc but ive been through georgetown a hundred times and its where i bought my truck haha
Old 12-09-2010, 03:06 PM

Haha ohh i gotcha,
Yeah im not to far from Sumter. I live right over in Maryville by that stank paper mill.
If you've been through Georgetown, you know exactly what im talking about haha.

Quick Reply: Bojangles 1987&1994 Toyota pickup build-up thread