86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

A2theK's 91' Pickup Buildup Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darionlear
oic... i'm running straight pipe... no cat... pipe cut off just under cab... pretty dam loud but fun as hell when blasting through the mudd... lol... i'm gonna eventually go to a snorkel...

as for my front, i plan to upgrade my shocks to bilstein... to match my rear... and in the next few months will begin on the solid front axle
Haha sounds like it would be! I was going to go with bilsteins but decided to go cheap just so I can have some more $$ for other projects. How much of a difference would you say a straight pipe is?
Old 05-30-2012, 08:13 PM

Bought a new ignition coil because of symptoms I've been having and drove it for about 15 minutes which felt alot stronger and perkier than before. Hopefully a full day of driving tomarrow will really let me know if my problems will go away. Surprised to see it was the stock 22 year old coil in there. Also threw in a new pcv valve as well.
Sideview with 2 inch lift, still messing with torsion bars a bit then off to get an alignment because its baaad.

Before..

Still going to be getting a 1" body lift but first will come some new tires. Thinking about getting these wheels.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Summit-Racin...d39142&vxp=mtr
Still deciding on what 33x12.50R15 I want to get. Heard great things about cooper discoverer stt, probalby will give comercial tire a call tomarrow for prices and sizes. BFG KM2 or if I go cheaper goodyear duratrac? Good/bad reviews of these?
Old 05-30-2012, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by A2theK
Haha sounds like it would be! I was going to go with bilsteins but decided to go cheap just so I can have some more $$ for other projects. How much of a difference would you say a straight pipe is?
Well, with no muffler... you loose back pressure. So power on take off is lower but high end is good.... pros and cons brother. Lol
Old 06-03-2012, 07:19 AM

So yesterday I needed to get my alignment done and wow was that a trip.. BJ spacers really really screwed up it bad so I went over to les schwab to get it done, about 45 minutes after I dropped it off I got a call saying the tie rod sleeve adjuster is frozen and wont break free so we can change out your tie rods/sleeve to get the alignment done. I told them no and I'll just break the sleeve on my own and take it back. Went home and got it free with really no effort at all.. So I decided to take it to Comercial tire and get a call another 45 minutes later.. Saying we can't align because you need new tie rods/both idler arms are loose, you need new balljoints as well with a $1,500 quote. Gladly I took my keys and left. Les Schwab said nothing like this? So next I took it to Firestone to get a third opinion. Dropped it off at 4 and got no phone call so ended up going back down there around 5:30 and they said with the BJ spacers up front was a little out of their level to really get a good alignment done. 30 minutes later they finish up and show me the comparison which I was happy/bummed about. Although it wasn't perfect, it was MUCH MUCH better than before. Told me I should take it to a 4x4 shop to really get it dialed in and said absolutely nothing about loose tie rods/ball joints/idler arms and that it was all alright. They did however loosened my torsion bars half an inch which bothered me because I noticed right on the drive home. Guess I should have told them to leave it alone.. FUN day..
Old 06-08-2012, 12:13 PM

Subscribed. I dig that exhaust system.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by benja455
Subscribed. I dig that exhaust system.
Thanks man. Ordered my tires today! Bought them online so I should get them hopefully by next tuesday or wednesday. I got 33x12.50R15 BFG KM2s and 15x8 Black Summit steel wheels too.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:17 AM

Nice bud, truck's going to look amazing once you get them tires on it.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:47 PM

Andddd... Tires installed :] Running great but I see some 4.88's in my near future haha. Front tires rubbed barely at first but nothing some pounding and cutting didn't fix. Have about 1/2" clearance now at full turn. Will be installing my diff drop and sway bar spacers today and then going to get another alignment at a local 4x4 shop because it's still not perfect.

Next plans.. Possibly will be fabbing up an offroad tube bumper up front (light-weight) to take place of my lower valance because I like the look with the bumper. Regearing once I find some 4.88's, may take a junkyard trip on my next day off. Will be giving her a fresh coat of white paint as well! Probably will get a 1" body lift eventually too.

Last edited by A2theK; 06-13-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:01 PM

Looks amazing just like I thought it would.

Coming along nicely.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by JeremyW94
Looks amazing just like I thought it would.

Coming along nicely.
Thanks man! Super happy with it. Noticed my gas gauge dropping a bit more quicker hahah. Hopefully I can get off early from work or on my next day off I can get some more work done.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:13 PM

Nice, looks much better with the K2's. I'm keeping my 4runner an IFS so let me know how's the ride and offload ride, thanks....Bill
Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 PM

Thanks man! Super happy with it. Noticed my gas gauge dropping a bit more quicker hahah. Hopefully I can get off early from work or on my next day off I can get some more work done.
Yup that happens! But its worth it when you feel like you can monster truck a Geo. I like the wheels they look great. Mine should be runnin anytime now if you want to check out my mods. Hell any time you wanna swing by and compare notes or need some help let me know.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by ShakeZulla
Yup that happens! But its worth it when you feel like you can monster truck a Geo. I like the wheels they look great. Mine should be runnin anytime now if you want to check out my mods. Hell any time you wanna swing by and compare notes or need some help let me know.
Haha I always love driving up next to Geo's. Thanks man, yeah for sure. What part of Boise are you from?
Old 06-16-2012, 03:34 PM

Well got a good deal on an SR5 gauge cluster on CL for $25! Adjusting the mileage on it right now so if anyone needs a write-up on how to do it, just let me know and I'll take pictures while its out.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:15 PM

Odometer dialed in. Just need to adjust the tach and will probably install tomarrow.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:45 PM

looks better with the Tac, the new one has a full fuel tank, sweet...lol

Last edited by RMP8080; 06-16-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:29 PM

Haha I always love driving up next to Geo's. Thanks man, yeah for sure. What part of Boise are you from?
Cole and overland.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by RMP8080
looks better with the Tac, the new one has a full fuel tank, sweet...lol
I know right; I'm down for a free full tank of gas when I put it in
Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 PM

Today I got my diff and sway bar spacers installed. Diff bolts were on solid and really really did not want to break free. One broken socket wrench later had them off.

Sway bar spacers installed.

And diff spacers finally put in. Man were those a PITA to angle it to get the bolt through. I knew it would take some patience but that was just rediculous haha..

Buddy has a tach I'm going to borrow so I can dial in my SR5 cluster tach so whenever I get a chance to grab that I'll go ahead and swap clusters.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:24 PM

Got bored so painted my horrid rear end. Looks alot better than before so I'm happy.

Quick Reply: A2theK's 91' Pickup Buildup Thread