86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

A2theK's 91' Pickup Buildup Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A2theK's 91' Pickup Buildup Thread

Here's the start of my buildup on my newer 91' pickup. Was missing when I got her then gave her a good ol' tune up and cleaned the injectors and runs great now!
Also had some little baby 235/70R15 which I quickly got rid of and bought some used 31x10.5R15 on CL which all have almost 100% tread and a set of toyota alluminum wheels.
Here's what it looks like now and before so far.

A2theK's 91' Pickup Buildup Thread-tkd4k.jpg

A2theK's 91' Pickup Buildup Thread-wrskr.jpg

A2theK's 91' Pickup Buildup Thread-2hovn.jpg

A2theK's 91' Pickup Buildup Thread-tiyrk.jpg

A2theK's 91' Pickup Buildup Thread-bxcmn.jpg

Last edited by A2theK; 11-17-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:40 AM

looks good what do you have planned for it?
Old 10-06-2011, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Subscribed, Yours and my truck are twins, Is your color on your door tag 3k3? I've been looking for a set of rims like you just acquired, What did you pay? I looked at a set in Indy, but he wanted $350 and the tires only had 6/32 tread left on 235x75x15 tires were small too and he wouldn't lower price so I took a pass on them, looks like you need a new under bumper valance, what was PO doing running over people in intersections
:}LOL What was he hitting with that being so high in the air? Hummmmm??????
Old 10-06-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by john4wd
Subscribed, Yours and my truck are twins, Is your color on your door tag 3k3? I've been looking for a set of rims like you just acquired, What did you pay? I looked at a set in Indy, but he wanted $350 and the tires only had 6/32 tread left on 235x75x15 tires were small too and he wouldn't lower price so I took a pass on them, looks like you need a new under bumper valance, what was PO doing running over people in intersections
:}LOL What was he hitting with that being so high in the air? Hummmmm??????

Haha they sure are! I was looking for a set of these for a while now and got lucky they popped up with the 31x10.5s on them, especially with 100% tread. I paid $480 for the set which I thought was a decent deal. Since I was looking at BFG A/T which would have ran me around $800 just for the tires alone.
And about the valance! I'm heading over to the junkyard for a good number of parts this weekend. I asked the PO what happened and I guess he was driving in some snow and wanted to go over a snow hill which turned out to be a huge block of ice covered with snow. So he kind of just ran straight into it hahah.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by alex_mcnair
looks good what do you have planned for it?
So far just planning of replacing some exterior parts as well as a few things in the engine. Going to be ordering some new carpet I plan on installing as well as reupholstering the bench seat because it's pretty rough. SR5 gauge cluster swap soon, possible new exhaust, and maybe a 1-2 inch lift. And any thing else I can think of.

I also really want to paint it black either very soon or after winter, a little too chilly here!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Been slacking on here lately..
Changed my alternator and battery a few weeks ago. Full tune up as well, will be replacing fuel filter soon.

My two latest projects were hooking up a new K&N filter and my Pyramid Amp and 10' Kicker subwoofer.

K&N Filter using the stock air flow tubing.

I ended finding some treasure under the stock air box as well! Missing their keys anyone?

My cheap box I made for my 10' Kicker sub, not the prettiest but gets the job done nicely!

To add to the new filter; I have an 82' Supra AFM that should be coming within the next few weeks! Also will be getting new vacuum lines as well and will re-route some wires to clear them out of the way.

Last edited by A2theK; 01-03-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:26 PM

I bet that PO looked every where for those keys cursing up a storm and had to buy new home door locks :}LOL
You must not be 6'2" to have a huge speaker box I had to re-make my speaker box to fit so not to lose leg room. Check out my build thread and see how I did my speaker box and I've done a lot to my truck too...
Did you install a more amp alternator and deep cycle battery for your stereo?
Looking good twin :}
I'm still trying to find those rims, I would love to find the deal you got on the rims and tires :}
Wish me luck please :}

Last edited by john4wd; 01-03-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling again
Old 01-03-2012, 01:23 PM

good luck
Old 01-03-2012, 01:33 PM

Love the color, good luck on your build
Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 PM

I bet that PO looked every where for those keys cursing up a storm and had to buy new home door locks :}LOL
You must not be 6'2" to have a huge speaker box I had to re-make my speaker box to fit so not to lose leg room. Check out my build thread and see how I did my speaker box and I've done a lot to my truck too...
Did you install a more amp alternator and deep cycle battery for your stereo?
Looking good twin :}
I'm still trying to find those rims, I would love to find the deal you got on the rims and tires :}
Wish me luck please :}
Oh I bet haha. 5'11'' with not much room still, If I could put the seat back one more click it'd be perfect. You have a sweet setup on your build, the speaker box is nice too. My subwoofer is 6.5 inches deep so I had to make my box at least 7 inches but I forgot to add the extra 3/4' of two pieces of mdf so it's like 8 inches haha. I plan on getting another subwoofer so I'll remake them smaller. It pounds pretty good though!

As for alternator, no; I just picked one up from AutoZone and replaced it for now.

There's a local guy here on craigslist selling the rims for I think it was $200 but might be a bit too far from you haha.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You shrimps have got nothing to complain about! I fit in a 91 single cab and i'm 6'7"!!

Lol anyway, nice truck, I have the same wheels on my 86' 4Runner.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 PM

That is WAY to far away ;}LOL In Indy on CL had an add for 2002 Alloy rims off a pre-runner with 40% tread 31x10.50 tires for $180 and I called yesterday and no answer, so sent a text right after and then an email today and just got an answer on email, already sold, Not sure what style, but missed out again, I'll keep plugging away and looking :}LOL I need more luck sent my way!!!!

You need a ARB bull bar to keep the twin thing going ;}LOL

My big MTX speaker are not as deep as yours, if you mount them a low as possible and if you have too cut the outer ring that you screw on panels cut it straight across and lower more by a 1/2 inch I bet if you try i'll be enough to bring it all the way back, or go get subs not so deep, I'm not into rap crap or the same beat over and over dance crap so I don't need that thumping, if you like that stuff to each there own :} mine makes bass sound perfect in Rock and Roll where they actually play instruments and not a sound machine ;}LOL
Old 01-03-2012, 08:58 PM

That is WAY to far away ;}LOL In Indy on CL had an add for 2002 Alloy rims off a pre-runner with 40% tread 31x10.50 tires for $180 and I called yesterday and no answer, so sent a text right after and then an email today and just got an answer on email, already sold, Not sure what style, but missed out again, I'll keep plugging away and looking :}LOL I need more luck sent my way!!!!

You need a ARB bull bar to keep the twin thing going ;}LOL

My big MTX speaker are not as deep as yours, if you mount them a low as possible and if you have too cut the outer ring that you screw on panels cut it straight across and lower more by a 1/2 inch I bet if you try i'll be enough to bring it all the way back, or go get subs not so deep, I'm not into rap crap or the same beat over and over dance crap so I don't need that thumping, if you like that stuff to each there own :} mine makes bass sound perfect in Rock and Roll where they actually play instruments and not a sound machine ;}LOL
Just a bit too far ;] Damn! Deals go quick on CL thats for sure.. Got my fingers crossed you'll find something soon!

I found some smaller boxes proffessionally made that fit perfect behind the seat I'll probably just pick up later just to get that perfect fit. Yeah I listen to everything but just like that extra thump when I'm in a rap mood hahah.

I was just looking around online for an sr5 gauge cluster and found one at a local junkyard for $50! Looks like I know where I'll be heading tomarrow : D It was from a little 4 banger too!

Last edited by A2theK; 01-03-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:40 PM

Do you know all involved in a SR-5 cluster swap? If not ask me on your thread or mine :} Good luck and have fun, I have a SR-5 cluster as a spare or use on another truck 2 or 4wd :}

I look every day for alloy rims like you have on CL and as of now no luck :{ I want to hold off on new tires so I can find a set of those rims first :}

What's now on the agenda after cluster, tilt wheel and intermittent wipers are nice too, you got those?
Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 PM

Just ordered an LC header, magnaflow cat, new O2 sensor and a couple of misc parts so all that will be on my next list. Should get here within the week, stoked!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:32 PM

Got my Magnaflow cat and o2 sensor in the mail today.

Wondering what my stock cat with 200k on it will look like compared to this!

Just waiting on my LC Header which should hopefully come within the week. Been pre-spraying PB blaster on some really rusted out nuts as well which should make my life alot easier.

Last edited by A2theK; 04-03-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 PM

Soo.. Just got a call from LCEngineering and I guess the header won't be shipped until the 29th or so because it's in production still.. I guess I'll have to play the waiting game and get started on some other projects.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:12 PM

Well a truck a lot like mine and a owner that lives in the same area... subscribed.
Your pictures look like you live right by my brother-in-law off Cloverdale! Maybe not, Looks good man, clean Toyota hit me up if you need a hand.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:35 AM

Haha yeah pictures taken at my one of my friends house right off Cloverdale haha.
Will do! Seems like you have some good car experience!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:49 PM

Ordered some new goodies today.. Got some 1.5" ball joint spacers as well as some shackles that should give my rear around 2.5" which should even out some of the sag in the butt. Also got an OEM muffler/piping fit exhaust that should work great with my LC header and cat.

Also planning on a 1" body lift and some 33x12.50 Cooper Discoverer STT's in the soon to be near future!

Quick Reply: A2theK's 91' Pickup Buildup Thread