86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

1UZFE into my 95 runner

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha the hatch wouldn't make it down there either. Pretty sure tires are about to fall off that one. She needs some lovin as well. Just have to go wheelin after u get ur cast off man. My runner should be good to go in a month or so. Depends on the cash flow. Maybe ill get lucky am get me some good side work.

Hiemsnox thanks man. Sti's are too rough for me, like the power but suspention is too stiff. Makes my back hurt like it did Sunday coming down wheeler lake with the rear sitting on the bump stops an no right rear shock. Kinda bouncy.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:30 AM
RBX

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Any word on the adaptronic ecu? Got a link to the Texas distributor?
Old 10-21-2012, 06:46 AM

Can't use it. Still won't make it emissions legeal. Kinda sucks.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:33 AM
RBX

Isnt that ecu totally tunable? I would think you could detune it for emmisions, but maybe it's an OBD2 thing?
I'm looking at the possibility of using one on the 1kd d4d common rail ecu to avoid all the Toyota encryption.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:51 PM

It is but not in Colorado. Well the greater Denver metro area an the front range. Because my new engine dose not have the factory emissions equipment that the 3.0 had aka secondary air injection. I fail the emissions test for visual inspection. But it still puts less emissions out then the 3.0 so because I fail I have to go to the state level and I fail that inspection for the check engine light. To pass state inspection the cel can not be on or have any stored codes(OBD2 Systems) and all the monitors have to run an pass. Don't have to on OBD1 as the system is not smart enough to matter. So I am working on getting the auto an all the stuff to swap it over. Tell then I'm gonna pop the Lexus badge off and see if I can get a dummy at the test center and if not my buddy who tags his cars in Bailey at his old house said he would tag my car for me so I can avoid late fees for letting the tags expire.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:30 AM
RBX

What a PITA. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I live in a state that lets you tag a vehicle historic if it is over 20yrs old....which means no inspection and no emissions.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bummer deal on the emissions stuff...

I do have a questions for you. I finally got back to my runner and have made progress. I put the 3.0 throw out in and the clutch pedal won't release the clucth. I reread that you used the 3.4 throw out and redrilled the holes. How has the clutch held up and are you happy with the 3.4 throw out in there?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:32 AM

Dear sr
Where i can to buy the set engine mount for 4runner for convertion 1uzfe?
Thank you
juan_miranda86@hotmail.com
Old 11-07-2012, 08:42 AM

What kind of mounts are you looking for? Strait bolt up or like I did with custom mounts.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by SHAGGY21
What kind of mounts are you looking for? Strait bolt up or like I did with custom mounts.

I wait understand you. Because I from Spain and my English is low. I need the engine mount for my 4runner LN130 with body lift 2", when you say strait boult up, what do you think ?

Thank you
Old 11-09-2012, 06:08 PM

Strait bolt up are adapters that go from the 1uz to the factory Toyota engine mounts. The way I did it is cut the Toyota mounts off the frame an made custom mounts using ford engine mounts.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 PM
IPA

Originally Posted by SHAGGY21
It is but not in Colorado. Well the greater Denver metro area an the front range. Because my new engine dose not have the factory emissions equipment that the 3.0 had aka secondary air injection. I fail the emissions test for visual inspection. But it still puts less emissions out then the 3.0 so because I fail I have to go to the state level and I fail that inspection for the check engine light. To pass state inspection the cel can not be on or have any stored codes(OBD2 Systems) and all the monitors have to run an pass. Don't have to on OBD1 as the system is not smart enough to matter. So I am working on getting the auto an all the stuff to swap it over. Tell then I'm gonna pop the Lexus badge off and see if I can get a dummy at the test center and if not my buddy who tags his cars in Bailey at his old house said he would tag my car for me so I can avoid late fees for letting the tags expire.
So I just moved back here to Colorado from my year long stay in Denmark. I'm going to be starting on my 1UZ ('96) on my '90 4Runner. So I guess I'm going to be running into the same emissions issues as you are. I'm wondering if they have changed this law "Effective April 1, 2003, an illuminated "check engine" light is no longer a mandatory pass/fail component of the emissions testing process. If the "check engine" light is illuminated, it is noted on the vehicle inspection report each motorist receives at the end of the emissions testing procedure. However, it is an informational tool for the motorist, rather than a reason for failure." via- http://aircarecolorado.com/index.php...-engine-light/
And have you looked into getting a Colorado Identification Number for custom buit vehicles to replace your VIN number? My brother had to do it when he put together three different Toyota trucks to make one diesel (2LT) powered truck. This might make it to where you can get around the secondary air injection.
We need to figure this out so I know what to do when I get mine running
Old 12-07-2012, 08:19 PM

Run an automatic so the check engine light is not on. You are right on the fact that you can not fail the IM240 based on a check engine light as there are too many factors that can turn the mil on. Speedometer,transmission,body computer ect. But when you have to have your vehicle inspected on the state level so clear it for not having the propped emissions equiptmemt everything has to work. I would get a new vin tag but it won't pass inspection.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:35 PM
IPA

The problem is that I can't stand driving an automatic. I thought the law was the engine had to be A: the same age or newer than your truck and B: had to have all the original emissions that came ON THE ENGINE (not on the truck). Or did that change when they revamped the emission laws? Why won't yours pass inspection for a new Number?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 PM

It fails for the check engine light. Not at the emissions station but at the the state inspector. Inorder to pas inspection the vehicle has to have same year engine or older. Has to have all the the transplane emissions epuiptmen and no check engine light. Or stored codes in temporary status and has to run all of the emissions monitors. And there is now way what so ever to wire this swap to make it do that. Inorder for an obd2 system to run the monitors it base to see all of the inputs and outputs for a certon amount of time or driving distance. Even of you manage to trick the computer with resistors I'm place of the sensors and solenoids in the tranny without all the speed sensor inputs it won't run the monitors. The truck can blow zeros out the tail pipe but if it dosent have what then want on the vehicle they will not pass it. Strait from the horses mouth.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:19 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow, I'm sorry, Shaggy! You've worked so hard on doing a thorough, clean and worthy of keeping the air clean as possible-job through this entire process... and then some STUPIDITY in the law stops something that actually runs CLEANER???? uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhg! lol.

Hope you're doing well otherwise, sir

PS> I REALLY think this swap would cause me problems in CA.... but apparently, quite a few have done it and passed. I guess the 3.4 swap leaves less issues to deal with on wiring, sensors, etc., maybe?(for those who had 3.0's of course).... Yet, with 22RE's..... ?? ... This is why I keep coming back to "Guess the 3RZ is likely the best route for my Redrum-Member, lol... Seems to be the easiest swap (Not that ANY of them are necessarily 'EASY', but you KWIMean, hehe) out of the big 3 most common choices, .. 3RZ, 7MGE or 1UZFE... And, most likely to pass inspection, when swapping over from a 22RE? At least it has a lil more power and better mileage than the 22RE, right? Meh, I'd better not hold my breath for this thing to blow up before, ohhhhhhh, ..... 10 years? lol. So I guess by then.... I'll have to run it on Snail Urine and Peat Moss, right? hahaha.

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 12-07-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:02 PM

well i tore the runner apart last month, and traded my bell housing for a t-100 transfer case. and paid for a new engine and for a transmission. i was looking into rebuilding my engine for the supercharger but after pricing things out i wont be able to build it just now. ill do it in steps later on. im looking at just over 500 in bearings alown. and then 2000 for h beam forged rods and forged pistons with rings. the stock internals will handle the boost from a m90 but im thinkin i may put the extra money in and run an m112. will have to see where it goes. but i will be starting another thread to record everything as i didnt really keep track of the wiring the first time. as soon as i get a little progress and pictures ill start the other thread.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey shaggy-

The runner is running great. But I am hoping you can help me with a few small things. I dont seem to have any power going to the IACV. I checked the connections at the valve and go no juice. How exactly do you have the iacv wired in to your ecu?