86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

1UZFE into my 95 runner

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1UZFE into my 95 runner

so i have had had quit a few runners a 88 3.0 5speed, a 88 3.0 auto, a 88 22re auto talk about a dog, a 93 5speed, and my newest the 95 3.0 5speed.

all of them other then the 93 and the 95 i had thought about doing a 5vz in them tell i got the 93 and started wanting to put a 22re with a lc engineering super charger with all the fixins like ignition and and fuel system upgrades. but started to tally up the cost of it all and decided to take another route. wich just happen to be about the time my service writer was telling me agout a lexus ls400 he was trying to put the motor out of into his 84 cruiser. but in the end he said it would have cost to much in adapter plates to use his tranny. so started thinking about it and and and unlike the 5vz swap its a little more money but not as common. so i then picked up my 95 for $500 and sold my 93 and picked up the ls for $1100. i have taken idesa from many of you on here such as RMA, toyminator2000, yota 3.0, twisty, and dunkins progress. and made little tweeks but most of the work will be somewhat the same there is only so much you can do different.

so over the last few days i have started dismantleing the lexus here are some pics.

ok well i cant figure out how to put pictures on here yet.
give me a car and i can do anything with it, but put a computer infront of me and its like watching a monkey "loving" football.

so as soon as i find out how to put pictures on here i will.

Last edited by vital22re; 06-03-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Bypassing sensor
Old 01-31-2011, 10:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Definetly need some pictures. Good luck
Old 02-01-2011, 04:51 AM

yeah as soon as i figure out how to put them on here i will. ill try again tonight after work. im gonna try to do some more work on the lexus if its slow enough today at work. there is only sapose to 9 cars comeing through the shop today for 13 techs. so the odds of me working on it today are looking pretty good.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:32 AM

Cool. The best way to post pictures is thru a host like photo bucket. Once you load to them you can copy the img code that is below the picture itself and then paste the img code here in your post and the picture will pop up once you post the message. Pretty easy to do. If you need more help just pm and I will walk you thru the process. Hope you get some time today. Your making me jealous. I have been looking for a good lexus to start the process with. Just can't find one that is reasonable yet. I will continue the search. Your providing the motivation.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:31 PM

Yeah 85 toyman I will have to take u up on that. And pictures there will be. I have always been a picture kinda guy. So sorry to all if u think there is an over abundance of pictures but thats how I like it. Well I'm posting this from my phone and am on my way home right now. So when I get home ill try on the pictures when I get home. Coz i got the engine out today. Needless to say it wasn't that busy. Although I will have tranny on a XC90 in the next few days to make up for today. So ill post more in a bit.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:12 PM

suuccess i figured it out thanks 85 toyman. so this is what i started out with.

Last edited by SHAGGY21; 02-01-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:20 PM

it sure did sound sweet with no exhaust.

Last edited by SHAGGY21; 02-01-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:22 PM

Old 02-01-2011, 06:45 PM

i think it may need a timing belt. i figured i would jsut take the hole body harness just in case. i really like the lexus cluster but would like to try and use the stock cluster. we will see how it goes.... k well here is some of the pictures but i am having troubles getting the rest off my phone so hopefully i can get them off tonight or it will be tomarrow.

Last edited by SHAGGY21; 02-01-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:47 PM

i did have to cut the sway bar out to drop the engine and trans out the bottom.

thats only half of the parts i took out.

so i cut the core pupport out to make removeing the engine easier but ended up not pulling it like that and i also kinda cut one of the harnesses oops.

well this is how i ended up taking the engine and trans out.
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...removel2-1.jpg

and here is the engine and motor out of the car. on thursday i am scrapping the car out and will get some extra runner harnesses to make the harness for the swap ahead of time so its hopefully it will end up being a kind of plug and play for the swap to make it go faster. and when i do the harness i will take very good notes and pictures so untell then.

Last edited by SHAGGY21; 02-01-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:06 PM

Uuhhhh yeah definetly time for a timing belt. I am suprised that thing hadn't snapped. That belt looks awsomely bad. Lol

Are you going with the lexus tranny and inchworm adaptor to the chain driven transfer case or using a bellhousing adaptor and keeping the r150f toyota transmission and transfer case?

Its the wiring that is scaring me. I can do all the fab work to make the thing sit in the bay like it was from the factory that way, but wiring and me have never seen eye to eye. Good luck and post as much info on that as possible. I know my weaknesses and you have found it.

Last edited by 85toyman; 02-01-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:27 PM

Yeah the guy I bought it from was using it as a dd when he didn't want to drive his cruiser. That wouldn't have been a pretty sight if it had broken. Needless to say after I saw that I didn't start it anymore.

I'm gonna use my r150 and many in the near future if I can find one and have enough coin do a r151. But I am going to keep the auto if I decide I want an auto down the road. And I would probably use a t100 t-case like RMA did on his newest swap as he had trouble getting an inchworm one.

Yeah on the wiring ill be taking lots of pictures and notes when I do it. You can expect to see it in the next week or two.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:03 PM

so the lexus is gone. so here is what i made off of it,
i paid 1100.00 for it. sold 250.00 in parts to some guy. got 246.00 for it at the scrapper. and 150.00 for the cats.

still think this is a stupid place for the starter. so im gonna take some advice that was on someones thread. im gonna put a new starter in it and thread the block and run the bolts in from the inside.

an isnt that a so very intimidating sight. hahahaha cant wait to start it. the only thing i have to work out is deleting the auto tranny and the traction control from the system without having a check engine light all the time. and i dont know if i will be able to use the lexus cluster as the speed sensor from my ls is not a gear drivin sensor its sensor with a reluctor wheel. so the list grows.

and i think i may be able to use the manifolds off the ls maybe. fingers crossed. they look small enough

Last edited by SHAGGY21; 02-04-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 PM

I am suprised that you couldn't part the rest of it out, or did you just want to get rid of it?
Old 02-04-2011, 07:03 PM

wanted it gone. well so did my boss hahaha. and i really dont have the attention span for parting out a car.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:48 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
looking good shaggy !!

you just wanted to use the lift right ... when removing the engine.. lots more work !

Your stock 4runner cluster will work .. the only thing you need to look for is when your wiring up the speed sensor to the cluster .. pay close attention to the power and ground .. on the ls 400 the sensor is wired different than our trucks and 4runners . the sc 400 speed sensor is wired exactly the same as our trucks and 4runners .

when doing the wiring just go one circuit at a time one wire at a time , dont mess around and get all scattered . double check the work ,tone it out after you think your done with that circuit.

its not hard just need some quite time with the wires (at least my old ass does )
i will put up some info on the wiring when i get the donor for this next swap, i dont have any notes on the others it was done just like i said above one circuit and wire at a time .. meshing the two together to make one working circuit.in real time .both books in front of me .

did you keep the radiator .. it has the sensor for the stock fans , you could reuse it to run your new fans .
good luck man !
subscribed.

Last edited by RMA; 02-04-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:07 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
ohh!!! i see you have traction control .... i have a throttle body with out traction control .. cheap man $40 shipped to you . no cutting welding grinding of your throttle body.messing with the 2nd butterfly.

Last edited by RMA; 02-04-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:53 PM

40 bucks. sold. just let me know how we do this. and no did not keep the sensor. i almost freaked out today when i was going through the harness at work as i thought i left the DLC in the car. so i called lexus and you have to buy the hole harness. and there isnt to many lexuses in denver i was lucky to come across this one from a guy at work. yeah i went to lexus at luch as well to see about a factory service manual but they are not made any more bummer. but the parts guy printed me off some engine and tranny stuff for it. i may subscribe to tis for a little bit and just go on a all night binder downloading everything i can. i also may be able to talk to the service manager at lexus on useing a manual i worked for him at toyota for a little bit so he may hook me up. you you i cant wait.

Last edited by SHAGGY21; 02-04-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:16 AM

RMA you don't happen to have two of those throttle bodies do ya?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:14 AM
RBX

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by RMA
snip...
did you keep the radiator .. it has the sensor for the stock fans , you could reuse it to run your new fans .
good luck man !
subscribed.
See this is why you have to read an entire thread, little bits of info...

Looks good Shaggy!!!

Quick Reply: 1UZFE into my 95 runner