Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

FS: 1996 4Runner 4x4 SR5

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: 1996 4Runner 4x4 SR5

1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Dark Green exterior / tan cloth interior
Gold trim

4x4
3.6L V6
Automatic Transmission
172k miles

Factory options:
Body-colored bumpers
Tinted windows
Powered moon-roof (powered)
Vanity lights
Running boards
Roof rack
Fender flares
Cruise Control
A/C with *Rear* heat controls (independent of the front!)
Power Windows / Mirrors / Locks

Maintained items:
Suspension - new as of 15k miles ago
Tires - new as of 15k miles ago
Brakes - good
Exhaust - good

Cosmetics:
This truck is in good shape inside and has shiney paint outside. There is very minimal rust starting to show (no holes… just small lines at the bumper seams for example). However, I'm sure you will agree this is much less than other trucks for its age. It's a nice forest/dark green color with gold trim and paint-matched bumpers. I've seen only 1 other 4runner with dark green paint gold accents and paint-matched bumpers. The windows are dark tinted with a slight gold hue on the surface, installed by the factory.

Features:
All power accessories (locks, windows, cruise control, etc) are fully functional. The rear gate power window is fully functional. There is a good amount of air flow through the cabin with all the windows down -- very nice on the days you choose not to use the air conditioning. The defrosters all work.

Safety:
Seating for 5 includes 4 shoulder belts and 1 lap belt. The driver and front passenger have front aig bags.

Towing:
It's fully functional fow towing. As a V-6, it is rated (and very capable) as high for towing as my uncle's similar year Dodge Ram pickup. Once, I pulled around 3,000 lbs behind the truck, and it's rated for higher towing. It has a Factory equipped Class III hitch rated for 5000 lbs.

Cargo:
The rear seats fold down flat and there are tie-down spots to secure cargo if desired. Plenty of room to carry furniture inside.

Maintenance items:
The suspension was replaced at around 160k miles. The front struts and rear shocks were replaced with Monroe lifetime products. The truck stays firmly planted and does not sag or bounce on the road. Tires are Bridgestone Dueler Revos with about 15k miles on them now. They are great winter (summer, and all-terrain) tires with plenty of tread remaining for ice, snow, and deep snow. The factory exhaust remains in place with plenty of remaining life expected.

Engine:
The engine consumes no oil! She starts up without an issue every time, even in the cold, cold days of winter. I run synthetic oil. New spark plugs as of last year. Runs great and starts up without any issues. I just passed emissions with flying colors. If you are concerned about the miles on the truck, I've heard reports of above 250k miles.

Transmission:
Works great in both 2 and 4-wheel drive. 4-low and 4-high work fantastic. Even in the deepest winter snow last year (up to the bottom of the truck door one morning last year), this car makes it predictably, reliably, and effortlessly.

Modifications:
None. I do not make performance or aesthetic modifications to my vehicles. I don't mind if other people do. They just don't suit my desires. There are no engine, exhaust, exterior, or interior performance modifications. You even get the AM/FM cassette tape factory radio (the sound is acually quite good… it's a 6-speaker factory stereo).

Reliability
It's really a great truck that will bring many years (I would personally expect more than another 5 to 7 years) of trouble-free reliability to it's next owner. Check out Consumer Reports. That have great things to say about this generation of 4Runner (1996 to 1999 model years) and the other 4Runners. Again, since I have done no performance or cosmetic modifications, the reliability continues to be great.

Why am I selling?
I fully expect this truck to last another 5 to 7 years. It has been great to me. At this time in my life, I am looking for a vehicle to last me 15 years. I was in the process of developing a business plan as of a couple years ago, and I planned on this truck fitting my needs. This 4Runner has been fantastic, and I will certainly miss it.

Price
I have an asking price of $4500. I have a local offer from a dealership. Keep in mind that I have incentives to trade the truck in at this price to the dealer. I'm looking for something better than the dealer's price, and I will accept less than what blue-book lists the truck for. Tell me a good story about why you are in need of a truck, and I will likely work with you some more on pricing.

Kelley Blue Book Values:
Retail: $7,500
Private Party ("good"): $5,435
Trade-in ("good"): $4,035

The left front fender is dented. I will discount to the full price of the cosmetic damage so that you can make the repair if you choose. This will definitely put the truck in "GOOD" category for condition. I believe I'm a fair person. The dent is entirely independent from the rest of the joining body parts, so there is absolutely no lost functionality if you choose to leave it as-is.

Financing
Sorry, I don't finance. You are welcome to make partial payments for the truck, but I'm sure you can understand that I won't be able to sign over the title until I receive payment in full. Alternatively, there are some great credit unions that will finance any used vehicle regardless of age. Credit unions also finance for the full vehicle value (up to the full amount of $7,500 if you choose).

Where and when can this car be seen?
I live 15 minutes west of Milwaukee. This is the best place to find me. I also travel to Fond du Lac and Madison on occasion. Contact me to make arrangements. I am available weekends and weeknights. Additionally, I will be potentially available 12/31 and 1/1.

This vehicle is also for sale locally.

Contact Information
Ask for Peter at the cell number 262-510-8725, OR email me at pjannen1(at)gmail.com
Old 12-28-2007, 07:16 PM

Thats all fine and dandy but we need pics....
Old 12-28-2007, 07:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i think u mean 3.4l not 3.6
Old 12-29-2007, 04:51 PM

pics

pics...

having trouble with the host site. If someone has interest in the truck, please contact me by email and I'll send pictures.

Last edited by Bonk; 12-29-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:27 AM

If you are interested in trading for an 04 silverado with 50,000 miles i want 16,900 for it. its a flashy blue color with a toneau hard bed cover and bedliner. bumper in rear painted to match lifted 7.5 inches with 33inch toyo open country all terrains. I even have a k&n and a hypertech programmer performance chip.