Solid Axle Swaps, All Years Anything SAS related

What do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do I have?

Ok first post here so hopefully this is the right place. First a little background. This may get long.

I have a 72 FJ40 that I was doing a disk brake conversion on. Well long story short I found out that I have a front axle from a 58-67 with a "ball-joint" axle instead of the "Birfield" and the axle housing is actually worn where the brass bushing goes into the knuckle. Well it so happens that I have another set of axles that I pulled from a yota that I bought from a mine that I used to work for.
Problem is I don't remember what model or year that they came out of. I have taken some pics and a WMS-WMS measurement and I come up with about 56" The front has the 8" high pinion diff that I believe came in the FJ80 axles but it is only 56" wide and also has 4 bolt knuckle caps where I believe the FJ80 only had 2 bolt also all the steering is in front of the axle where I think the FJ80 went behind the axle. Can anyone help me identify what this came out of so I can get parts for it and also see if it will be a good candidate for my 72 FJ40? I am attempting to attach photos so hopefully it works.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The vehicle that they came out i believe was originally a pickup but had a manlift on the back of it and also had a diesel engine in it so it could have been some kind of custom ordered rig. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
ih8mud.com

:wabbit2: