Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

CO4RJ 2007 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very well said Scott. I would only add this to your quote:

"and make some new friends"....

For those of us that haven't been wheelin Toyotas in this state for years, but saw this event as a great opportunity to wheel and meet new people, it's very disappointing to see things degrade to this level.

- matt
Old 06-01-2007, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by JadeRunner
Wow, it too bad to hear about this. This event took off in the wrong direction from the start, but I was hoping we could work things out. I was going to post this today, so I'll post it anyway.

You guys have stepped up and volunteered to organized the CO4RJ this year, we all appreciate that and want to respect your decisions. But in all due respect please recognize that this is THE Colorado 4Runner Jamboree and many people have been going to this for years. It's a special event that many of us look forward to every year because IT's the only large Colorado event that's centered around 3rd Gen 4Runners, yes we always welcome others. Land Cruiser guys have Cruise Moab, Isuzu guys have the ZUK (spelling?) etc.., but this is the YotaTech 3rd Gen centered event. Many of us have modified out Runner over the years and like to run harder trails, please don't exclude us.

I imaging you trying to prevent the tough guy, watch me spank this obstacle with my bad arse rig attitude that we had problems with for a few years. That's fine, I'm sure the "community at large agrees". All we want to do is have the option to potentially run trails like Chinamans, Holy Cross, Wheeler and I was thinking I would consider Iron Chest this year. Many of us have experience with all these trails and would be more that happy to help with the planning if you haven't run them. The only significant thing a pre-run will tell you is how bad French Creek is this year or how bad the rocks are on Iron Chest. The real work should be around trying to get people on the trail the want and with the people they want to run with. We hate to see you get so burdened with the food and the raffle, that's nice and all but most of really just want to wheel with old friends, check out their rigs, learn for others on the trail and socialize around the fire with some drinks.
Well said, thanks JadeRunner.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by JadeRunner
I imaging you trying to prevent the tough guy, watch me spank this obstacle with my bad arse rig attitude that we had problems with for a few years. That's fine, I'm sure the "community at large agrees". All we want to do is have the option to potentially run trails like Chinamans, Holy Cross, Wheeler and I was thinking I would consider Iron Chest this year. Many of us have experience with all these trails and would be more that happy to help with the planning if you haven't run them. The only significant thing a pre-run will tell you is how bad French Creek is this year or how bad the rocks are on Iron Chest. The real work should be around trying to get people on the trail the want and with the people they want to run with. We hate to see you get so burdened with the food and the raffle, that's nice and all but most of really just want to wheel with old friends, check out their rigs, learn for others on the trail and socialize around the fire with some drinks.
Well said

Our decision to "limit" it to easy/moderate was mostly due to past events where things have gotten out of hand either on the trail or at the campsite. By limiting it to easy/moderate crowd, we hoped to encourage more families to attend.

Let's look at it this way, though - now ANYONE can step up and organize the event ANYWAY THEY SEE FIT.
Initially, Ric and I were the only ones who offered to organize the event. Now, it's open to anyone who wants to organize it.

I'm frustrated but I'm not angry. I have no ill feelings towards anyone.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem is stages and exclusivity.

When it started, everyone was at the same level.

Over time, the levels changed, people still wanted to see eachother and trails were broken up.

Then people got pissed off that there was presumed elitism on the harder trails, so undergunned rigs came along.

Then I stopped coming.

You can't please all the people all the time.

The pot shots about spanking are appropriately noted.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:38 PM

Sorry to hear about your ban Ric and your stepping down Alan. I understand your decisions. It's too bad when 2 people step up to the plate to do something no one else wanted to do. Then, try to change everything you have done, then it all falls apart. We will not be attending this year either. To all who are going hope you have a great time and sometime we will meet on the trail again.

Darc
Old 06-01-2007, 06:04 PM

WTF why was ric banned? someone pm me this?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Banned

If I was out there, Id step up, I dont know the first thing about organizing events but I would like to try and help. I want this to happen as it will be my first Colorado based event to meet most everyone in the region.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Contributing Member

***UPDATE***
Molly (Lysmachia) will be heading this up now. It'll be her show now. Good luck, Molly.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Contributing Member

New CO4RJ Thread

The discussion for the CO4RJ will be continued here:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/co4rj-2007-new-thread-under-new-managment-117149/

This thread is closing due to the change - and to make it easier to keep track of planning. Feel free to comment or question on the new thread. Thanks all. -Molly

Last edited by Lysmachia; 06-01-2007 at 07:59 PM.