Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

CO4RJ 2007 *NEW* THREAD (Under new managment)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im down just to go camp up there at St. Elmo, then wheel. and make it officially unofficial. anybody else interested?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Contributing Member

Ok, here's how it's going to work. I have everyone's e-mail address who made a reservation. I will be refunding most of the amount sent to me. Chalk Creek charges a $10 cancellation fee. Additionally, Paypal has their fees. There is no way I am going to take a loss because Molly dropped the ball. If you have an issue with that, you can take it up with your moderator/event organizer, Molly.

DO NOT CALL CHALK CREEK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK. THEY DON'T HAVE IT.
Ric paid the $200 required to hold the site out of his pocket. I reimbursed him (out of my pocket). I received $190 (net) from everyone who made reservations. When I cancelled the reservations, I received $190 from Chalk Creek. So, once again, you will be receiving a refund for the NET amount of your transaction.

Originally Posted by Aurora Sandman
And nothing was ever handed over to her by the prior event organizers other than the campground's phone number.
Did fearless leader tell you that? Here's the PM I sent to her on June 1st-
We do not require any monetary compensation. The $200 deposit on the campsite has been deducted from the reservation funds I have already received. Joan is the contact name at Chalk Creek. I will call her Monday and let her know that you will be taking over. Her number is 719-395-8301.
There was a balance of $62.17 in the reservation account. However, Doug and Darcy have requested a refund ($65) as they have decided not to attend. I will, however, forward all the names and amounts of those who have sent funds for the campsite. They are as follows:
Fred (Last name and amount sent withheld for privacy)
Scott (Last name and amount sent withheld for privacy)
Mike (Last name and amount sent withheld for privacy)
Jeff (Last name and amount sent withheld for privacy)
Blake (Last name and amount sent withheld for privacy)

With Doug and Darcy's ($65), the total would have been $262.50 (gross). Less the deposit ($200), the difference is $62.50 which I refunded to Doug & Darcy. Any refunds from here would be out of your pocket. The $200 deposit has been automatically applied to the balance owing at Chalk Creek.

That's all I can think of now. If I think of anything else (or you for that matter), let me know by PM.

Thanks again!

Alan
So, EVERYTHING WAS HANDED OVER. Any inaction was by Molly, not Ric or I. Let's get that straight. I PM'd Molly on June 1st. As of June 28th, Joan at Chalk Creek hadn't heard from her. That's almost a full month of inaction by Molly, not me. I did all I needed to do. If the powers that be hadn't banned my partner in organizing all this (and hadn't lied about doing it), I might still be inclined to manage the event. But, sh** happens.

On a personal note:
I'm done with YotaTech. I was done on June 1st. However, for some stupid reason, my "goodbye thread" was deleted. Don't know why. Don't care. But it was the icing on the cake as far as the reason I've left.
Please don't PM me. I will not respond.

All refunds will be made by July 13th.

Last edited by HaveBlue; 07-10-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:49 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hanksyota
im down just to go camp up there at St. Elmo, then wheel. and make it officially unofficial. anybody else interested?
I say we still have the run, just make it a "normal" run, not the big dinner/raffle, arranged camping ordeal ...
Old 07-10-2007, 03:04 PM

im ok with whatever. i just want to get together with some good people and wheel. camp too, if we can all figure that out. at this point, it doesnt matter who dropped what ball, the jambo is off, ok then. for those who want to still wheel and have a good time with some CO folks, lets do this, and stop crying about it. we are all on the same side here(or should be).

-hanky doodle
Old 07-10-2007, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by HaveBlue
So, EVERYTHING WAS HANDED OVER. Any inaction was by Molly, not Ric or I. Let's get that straight.
Thank you for clarrifying.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:52 PM

Ok, here's how it's going to work. I have everyone's e-mail address who made a reservation. I will be refunding most of the amount sent to me. Chalk Creek charges a $10 cancellation fee. Additionally, Paypal has their fees. There is no way I am going to take a loss because Molly dropped the ball.
Maybe some of the left over money from last years event that you were originally going to use to buy food and stuff could be used to comp people back their full amount and cover your paypal fees. just an idea.

John
Old 07-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Organizing a wheeling event is a HUGE undertaking...I know from experience with SE4RJ...so learn from your mistakes guys and gals for next time...and do your best not to point fingers as it does no one any good!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Contributing Member

I am sorry Alan I guess I was unclear that I had to remake the reservations - which in FACT can still be done. But I am now saying that I cannot pull this together as I was never given the raffle info, or the info about securing a meeting place, or info on permits. None of that. Maybe chalk this up to miss communication but you guys both know you had no interest in handing over everything in a way that would make it easy for me.

I tried to pick up this event out of respect to all the people YOU guys left hanging. But I should never have done it because honestly I had no idea what was done and what wasn't. I felt thrown into the sea and not sure what was what. Can you see I felt abandoned in the issue, and along with some personal stuff (A big move and job change) I just could not pull this off. I am sorry for the late cancellation but those who have signed up seem to really understand. Frankly I think your attitude in this has stunk. You guys up and cancelled CO4RJ because Ric was banned for something he deserved to be banned for. He was intimidating me online and the other mods warned him many times to cut it out. SO what you two did was take a personal grudge against me and the other mods for the ban and make the other members of YT suffer by deciding to not have the event anymore, I thought I might be able to rescue it, but I never should have stepped up. THAT was my mistake. I did not have the time or energy. I am already involved in MANY other planned runs myself. I could not do it all.

To those of you caught up in this I am truly sorry for being in the middle. This is exactly why I have had issues with Ric and Alan. I have asked so many times to stop making other YT members choose sides. I don't want anyone to have to get in the middle.

Also Alan, you conviently omitted other parts of your email to me. I will put those parts here:

I will meet up with Ric on Sunday and get all the raffle stuff from him to give to you. And I will make an official announcement as soon as I finish typing this.

That's all I can think of now. If I think of anything else (or you for that matter), let me know by PM.

Thanks again!

Alan
Whatever happened to the raffle stuff. That was never transferred over - nor the other pay pal Cash in order to give refunds.

In fact you said as well:

Any refunds from here would be out of your pocket. The $200 deposit has been automatically applied to the balance owing at Chalk Creek.
How fair is that - I am thrown in the middle and then also told I will have to take financial resoonsability for any other cancellations. I only picked up the slack on this because you and Ric bailed, Alan. I should not have to pick up the slack on the fact that you guys bailed.

Yes I could of done better - but my priority was not rescuing an event that was deserted by the founders. I am still game to make this be informal and I think others are as well.

So lets move forward.

And remember there are two sides to every story. I am not going to sit here and lay out my case all Jr. High style. I have great integrity and Ric and Alan can try to discredit that - but I think the truth of the mater will be seen and the rest of you can make up your minds, if you really even care about all this dramatech drivel...

Cheers, Molly

PS there are tons of other trails Runs planned on YT and Cottora and I invite you to please join us on any of those. I also invite any of you to PM me with further questions about this whole mess...
Old 07-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

I guess the raffle thing is my fault, didnt know what I was supposed to do

sorry guys.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned

oh ok, well for a sec I thought i just ruined the event for everybody
Old 07-10-2007, 09:50 PM

Moderator huh? I think someone needs a nap.

Nope that works out for ya.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:09 AM
Contributing Member

Whatever Ric, No more reason to point fingers. This whole thing is a cluster because of a personal vendedtta IMHO.

We still have tons of wheeling planned and will do something more informal which frankly is the way it will be more fun. So in my eyes cancelling this is a much better idea.