Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

CO4RJ 2007 *NEW* THREAD (Under new managment)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CO4RJ 2007 *NEW* THREAD (Under new managment)

Hi All,

Alan has asked if I would take over 2007 CO4RJ and I have agreed to do so. I do not have any more information for you at this point, but once I get all of the details from Alan I will post more information up.

First off let me try to address some questions that I anticipate:

* Who is taking over? I will head this event up and have asked TC for his help. We are going to be asking for volunteers for trail staff, event staff, and pre-run help. If you want to volunteer - PM me or post up.

* Will this event change? Yes. We plan to still have a family oriented camping area and do easy runs. We .also will ask the other group who is planning to go at the same time to camp in another area (For noise reasons) and still do hard runs.

* Will there still be easy/stock runs as originally planned? Yes - there will be runs with the level of difficulty that Ric and Alan designated (A 3 I think)

* If I am already registered - am I still registered? Yes.

* What will the harder runs be? The hard run group has not come to a consensus yet - but when I know I will post it here. To see that ongoing discussion click here

* Will there be medium difficulty runs? If we have enough people and can get volunteers to lead them - then YES!

Please post up any additional questions. You do NOT have to RSVP here at this point. Just use this *Event* thread as discussion etc.

I hope I can keep the spirit of this event that Ric and Alan started.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:44 AM

Thanks for rounding this up. Let me know if you need any help with anything. I think CUbuffRunner and I will get a tent site. Do you still plan on having the group site available? That would probably work out as well.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:48 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Note that the group site will be family friendly as originally planned. There will be another site for people that want to party more.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by tc
Note that the group site will be family friendly as originally planned. There will be another site for people that want to party more.
So can we set up camp in the group site and hang out at the other "party" site?? I'm just trying to get an idea of where I'm going to stay and if I need to reserve a site.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Contributing Member

Not sure of the site reservations. I think Troy and I want to honor the family aspect at chalk creeek, so we will be at St. Elmo with Isaac (AxleIke) Either way I cannot thank you all enough for voluntering. I am going to take you ALL up on it! The spirit lives for Ric and Alan... and they deserve the planning credit!

Mc. Mols!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

bumping for anybody else who wants to attend
Old 06-25-2007, 07:07 AM

Do you think it will be hard to find a campsite late Friday night near the St. Elmo area?? I'll be headed up after work that Friday and it will probably be 9pm before I get there. I don't mind camping at Chalk Creek but would like to stay up and hang out at a campfire.

Also, in regards to a meeting spot in the mornings to gather up and head out to the trail, we could use the parking lot of the big gas station in BV. That's where we usually meet up for Chinaman's runs. It's just down the road from Chalk Creek. Just trying to get some people excited about the CO4RJ!!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:10 PM

would like to attend as this is my first time living out in Colorado but am unsure at this time when I will be back from Cali, at the beginning of August because I have to be back in Virginia towards the end of August. And want to leave a memorable mark of Colorado with my 4 runner. I try to give ole blue as may life experiences as myself, so to speak. HAHA
Old 06-27-2007, 04:14 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah Sorry Troy and I have been lagging in posting up on this. Camping will be no problem Volcom. We just need to Move this week (Moving to a house)and after that I am going to get this all posted up. The CO4RJ is still ON. Details will be following in the next few weeks. I've talked to several peeps and they are all in so it does sound like we have a good crew...
Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Contributing Member

Oh and Aurora Sandman - got your message - I'll work om that for ya!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:53 AM

is there still a deadline to reserve space at chalk creek?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Contributing Member

I don't know yet... I am waiting to hear back from Have Blue on the details. My guess is probably not though...
Old 07-03-2007, 12:23 PM

bump. any new info on this? i am definitely gonna go, just didnt know that details on camping. molly, troy? any word? should we reserve sites for St. Elmo now?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry guys. weh have not been online for a week. We have been head deep in boxes and moving. We just got our internet up. The only reservations that need to be adressed are at chalk creek. Henry you will prolly want to do the more nature camping and those don't require reservations. We haven't been up there yet and are tring to figure out when we will get to pre run...
Old 07-04-2007, 01:27 PM

I just broke my leg in the back yard with the kids on the slip and slide and had surgery yesterday. So I'm out since I can't drive all summer. And I just had Oleg finally finish up my custom gas tank skid plate. Bummer.

I had a RV site reserved at chalk creek way back with Alan\Have Blue. So maybe someone else could take it and I could get a refund?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:28 AM

Here's a link to CO4x4 talking about camping in the BV area

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=100033

The place were "scottycards" camped sounds good - "just south of Nathrop (about 10 mins south of Buenie) on 285, you can turn on Chaffee County Road 270 and head West. It'll turn to dirt, and you'll begin to see camping spots around. We camped there (free) last weekend, and it was great.

No stream, but good solitude."

Would be nice and easy to get to the highway to and from the trail runs.

Sorry to hear about the leg JadeRunner.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:17 PM

Bad news: Scott (JadeRunner) and I just spoke with Molly (Lysmachia). CO4RJ 2007 is being cancelled.

Molly hasn't had adequate time to work on organizing the event. And nothing was ever handed over to her by the prior event organizers other than the campground's phone number.

Scott has contacted the campground and learned that our reservations were cancelled and the deposit refunded. Scott is attempting to contact HaveBlue to get everyone PayPal refunds.

Last edited by Aurora Sandman; 07-10-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:28 PM

Ric just called me back and told me he would get a a hold of Allan to see about a refund. Perhaps Allan has been out of town, since he had not responded to my PM a few days ago. He was thinking Alan should be able to issue the refunds.

Hopefully we will all have better luck at this event next year.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:54 PM

Damn, that sucks. I'll probably still run something that weekend in that area (probably with my club).
Old 07-10-2007, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ric
Scott,
their is nothing to "hand over"
ALL, that was needed to be done, in the month, that the event was handed over, was one phone to be made, the new organizers do not do that, they had a month to get that done.
So please, dont think it was anything HaveBlue did or didnt do, we did all that we could.
I paid the $200 to hold, the site, out of my pocket. I have since got my money back.
Alan will, refund everyones money, (he is a upstanding guy) you will get your money back
Sorry to this cancelled, its been a GREAT tradition, Ive meet some REALLY GREAT people, learned alot.
There has been talk about doing something later in the year, so keep your eyes open or you can PM me if you have any ideas.
Ric, thank you for the update!

Quick Reply: CO4RJ 2007 *NEW* THREAD (Under new managment)