FJ Cruiser 2007 & on

C A I ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just took a couple pics that may help to illustrate how the extra ponies appear.

This is the OEM intake placed over the top of the TRD. You can see the TRD is a straight shot with a tapered tube that may accelerate flow into the throttle body giving a slight boost effect. Maybe, it's my theory and I'm sticking to it. The OEM intake charge takes an Omega path to the throttle body though a constant diameter tube.

Next up shows the OEM filters, two in series when installed. The much larger TRD cone filter has over twice the surface area and no secondary filter allowing greater flow with good filtration but prolly not as good as OEM so a cleaning kit is available.

Lastly, I called TRD about the warranty. The CAI is a Sport part and carries the full warranty when dealer installed, 12/12.5 otherwise. The Off-Road parts have no warranty as Death Cougar wrote. Here's the link, click on 'Warranty' in the top right corner.

http://www.trdusa.com/warranty.cfm
Old 12-03-2007, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BT17R , thank you for your informaive reply , and the pics .
What you say does make sense and the pics IMO do support some kind of increase in performance .
Again ty everyone for giving your opinions , Bill
Old 09-04-2008, 05:27 PM
dar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I once spoke to a guy from Richard Childress racing and asked if Harvick or Dale seniors cars ran k&n or a the like and he looked at me like i was crazy. He said we only ever run paper filters because of protection for the engines. I guess that one percent difference between cotton and paper isnt worth wrecking a high cfm motor. Hell i run and K&N on my jeep but am leary to run one in my Fj.