93-98 T100s All T100 trucks

Wiring diagram for '96 T100 radio w/ factory aplifier

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring diagram for '96 T100 radio w/ factory aplifier

So.. I have a small paroblem.. the radio in my truck didn't work when I bought it.

I bought the wiring harness to install the aftermarket stereo I have.. and it doesn't fit! Turns out I have the factory amplified version.. which seems to not actually exist, as I cannot find a wiring diagram for it.

Unfortunately I need the wiring diagram for my dad to be able to kitbash a connector. Anyone else have the same problem and eventually find (or work out) the wiring for the stupid thing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. It's annoying trying to keep the computer speakings in a good potion in the back of mah truck >.>
Old 06-01-2010, 06:58 AM

This is the external amp? You can trace that single wiring bundle and you'll find the amp. From the amp, you'll find the two standard Toyota wiring bundles (power and speaker) connected. Unhook them and you should be good to go.

If this isn't what yer talking about...post up some piccies of the connector.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:47 AM

Aa bam said if you feel behind the amp you will find the 2 standard yota wiring connectors hooked into the amp. You can remove the amp and save some weight.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:58 PM

Well, I was actually wanting to use the factory amp, as opposed to bypassing it, especially because in order to get to the amp, I will need to entirely dismantle the lower half the dash, which will include removing some weird gizmo that apparently has something to do with brakes on really heavy trailers, which it appears that in order to access the crews that I need to undo to remove it.. I would have to remove it!

I learned all of that trying to gain access to the amp so I could hopefully find a brand (JBL, I think) and model number to which I could attempt to find the wiring diagram for it to tell me which wire on the connector has what purpose.

If anyone thinks they can help, I'll post a picture of the connector.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:56 AM

It's a 15 pin connector...it should be easy to trace out what does what.

Not sure why you would want to use the factory amp...there's not a whole lot of power in it.

This is the model number of the factory radio that came in my T-100 SR5...86120-17330, CQ-LS3111A. Seems it was made by Panasonic.
CQ-LS3111A Service Manual would most likely have the pin out of the connector.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by BamZipPow
It's a 15 pin connector...it should be easy to trace out what does what.

Not sure why you would want to use the factory amp...there's not a whole lot of power in it.

This is the model number of the factory radio that came in my T-100 SR5...86120-17330, CQ-LS3111A. Seems it was made by Panasonic.
CQ-LS3111A Service Manual would most likely have the pin out of the connector.
Thanks Fer that info.. now.. the trick is trying to find the frelling wiring for tht, without spending $17-$20 on a book that might not actually help me. >.>

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to trace what wire does what. Electronics are a very foreign land to me. (I can build things, but if you want me to do more electrical than making it light up.. it ain't happening.)

As for why I would use the factory amp? .. Simple, because weak amp is better than no amp (granted weak amp that's a PITA to get to work.. may not be better than no amp!), and right now I can't really afford a good amp. Would love to be able to just go blow the money on getting the entire audio system in it redone, but that.. will probably never happen, there's a lot of things I would rather spend that much money on IF I had that much money to blow.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:11 AM

The aftermarket radio you have is probably more powerful than the stock amp which is made by Panasonic. Just use the speaker and power wires that are plugged into the amp and be done with it.

In order fer you to use the factory amp you will have to drop the speaker output of yer aftermarket head unit to line level (more money...) and then hook it up to the correct wires of the amp (more time/effort).

A standard aftermarket Toyota wiring adapter harness that you can find just about anywhere will work on the speaker/power wires that are connected to the amp to yer aftermarket head unit.

Looks like the factory amp comes in various flavors...

Model #86280-35020
Ref #CY-BT1110A

Model #86280-35070

This harness might work on the Toyota non amplified head unit to give you line out capabilities. If you contact the manufacturer of that harness (Metra), you should be able to figure out what wires are what on the amp input.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:37 AM

Took yer advice and bypassed the amp entirely (can't remove it ) and it works fine. Other than when the radio is first turned on or of I get a weird buzzing.. not too worried about that though