General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bulbs were rearview mirror is mounted. Plus a nasty story!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 07:33 AM

Location: Henderson, Nevada. Two traffic lights away from Vegas!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bulbs were rearview mirror is mounted. Plus a nasty story!

Goodmorning yotapeeps!

I was wondering if anybody knows how to get the bulbs that are mounted where the rearview mirror is? I have a 1992 Four Runner and would like to replace those two bulbs with some leds. Just cant figure out how to get to those dang bulbs!
I decided to replace all my guage lights with leds. I also replaced the faces with new white ones. Looks cool, but I needed a couple of more bulbs to finish the gauges off. Thats when I figured I could replace my courtesy lights also when I order the rest of what I need. Its funny how yellowish the lights are when you see them compared to leds.
Well I guess I will share with you all what I found when I did the led swap in my guages last night. Everything went smoothly. It was fairly easy to take everything off. Its when I started to take stuff off I noticed something nasty!
Apparently my friend who I bought the Four Runner off of had an accident at one time. Looks like he might of had a little bit too much to drink and couldnt make it to the toilet in time. There was freakin puke all in the inside of the bottom kick panel and a little bit on the two covers that go around the steering wheel. UGH!!!!!!!!!!
At least it had been there for awhile and it didnt actually smell anymore. Yes I smelled it! LOL!! And I'm pretty sure it was puke! It had little chunks of stuff all over the place. Unless my buddy had a taco blow up in his truck I'm pretty sure he puked in it. Guy loves to drink!
So to bad it wasnt anything cool. Like maybe money or something of value. I did find some pot seeds when I first bought the Runner cause I took out all the seats and had the carpet steamed cleaned, but thats about it. Hmmm? That probably could have been a good thread starter! If it hasnt been done before. "Whats the grosses thing you have found in or on your truck?" Funny huh.
Alrighty yotapeeps I am outties! Hope someone can help me out here. And you are welcome for that nasty story I just told.
Thanks,
Daniel