General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

22re no fuel at injectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If it is indeed your rings and none of the above methods free them up, try kerosene. Filling up the cylinders and letting them soak for a day or so should free up your rings.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tried all 3 already nothing worked. tore the engine down tried to get the rings out and they were like freaking welded. but whos the best company to get a rebuild kit from.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by scharp
tried all 3 already nothing worked. tore the engine down tried to get the rings out and they were like freaking welded. but whos the best company to get a rebuild kit from.
http://engnbldr.com/
Old 01-24-2011, 06:08 AM

thanks 4crawler already oredered pistons and rings and ordered some others from LC engineering
Old 01-25-2011, 02:47 PM

well, dont waste your money.. if you dont bore AND hone that block out.. cuz thats all you will be doing...
Old 01-25-2011, 02:58 PM

already done with that im in a machining class at UNOH
Old 01-25-2011, 04:49 PM

lucky, i got all that stuff at work, but i dont want some jerkoff.. just to screw it up.

i got about

95.00 for thermo cleaning
125.00 bore and hone.
95.00 turn crankshaft.
265.00 rebuild head plus parts
215.31 engine kit.
8% tax
$812.53

assy, free..

well chef.. i finnally got around to taking my extra engine.. in to have it machined up so i could rebuild it.. ya.. i finanally convenced the budget dept.. that i needed to have this engine rebuilt so i could stuff it into a sand rail..

chef, i remember all the issues you were having with your truck it seemed like a nightmare..
Old 01-26-2011, 12:19 AM

i ended up spending bout 600 all together on parts from LCengineering and engnbldr
Old 01-26-2011, 09:07 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 1990yota-pickup
lucky, i got all that stuff at work, but i dont want some jerkoff.. just to screw it up.

i got about

95.00 for thermo cleaning
125.00 bore and hone.
95.00 turn crankshaft.
265.00 rebuild head plus parts
215.31 engine kit.
8% tax
$812.53

assy, free..

well chef.. i finnally got around to taking my extra engine.. in to have it machined up so i could rebuild it.. ya.. i finanally convenced the budget dept.. that i needed to have this engine rebuilt so i could stuff it into a sand rail..

chef, i remember all the issues you were having with your truck it seemed like a nightmare..
Hahaha... well, a nightmare, when one perseveres through it, usually becomes a PLUS! lol. I learned A LOT! Ok, ....quite a bit, maybe not "A LOT" status yet, hahaha. S'all good, it's coming along. Haven't heard from you on my thread in a while.... stop in and throw 2c at me! lol. Remember, it's still a work in progress......but I'm getting there! lol.

i ended up spending bout 600 all together on parts from LCengineering and engnbldr
WOW, ....rebuilderoni, eh? Nice, man.....how's it now?
Old 01-26-2011, 02:44 PM

check out the pic i uploaded in my album thats gonna be the block color too. still tryin to figure out what color to go with for the head and intake
Old 01-26-2011, 02:49 PM

yes it has chef...
Old 01-26-2011, 03:23 PM

check out the pic i uploaded in my album thats gonna be the block color too. still tryin to figure out what color to go with for the head and intake
Wow, THAT'S SOME KAWASAKI GREEN, ALRIGHT! LOL. Pretty cool, man... definitely original. So, ...... you did plug all the vacuum ports and oil fill-bezel, right? Don't want any paint chips in your fresh new motor, right? Not a big deal, far as the Valve Cover, though. Are you painting the rig something loud like that, too?
Old 01-27-2011, 12:16 AM

chef: yea i got everything plugged, but no im goin flat black on the truck i just want the engine comp. to scream
Old 03-09-2011, 02:51 PM

so i got the engine done and in the truck and we got fuel, got spark, timing is right and no fire wtf why is my gremlin givin me such a hard time. #3 spark plug ended up splittin the porcelain down thje middle, how does that happen.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:08 AM

so i got the engine done and in the truck and we got fuel, got spark, timing is right and no fire wtf why is my gremlin givin me such a hard time. #3 spark plug ended up splittin the porcelain down thje middle, how does that happen.
Hey Scharp,

Well, anyone would be guessing on the "why did the plug split in two" query, ya know?

However, it is pretty common knowledge, that, IN SPITE of the brutal heat, etc., that the plugs go through?>>>>>THEY'RE PORCELAIN! hahaha. They can even be damaged at the plant or in shipping, and then give way when you install and 'torque' them in. Like with a bottle/glass.... once you drop it, even if it doesn't brake, it can later break with almost no impact at all, because it's got fractures in it that you can't see with the eye(make sense?)

OR, you torqued them too tight, causing a fracture that you didn't see till you took a look, later.

If you're asking if voltage can do that, I really don't know. I wouldn't think so, but like I said, "Not sure". Swap in another plug, they're sold individually, ....Napa maybe for Denso?

Far as the "NO FIRE" issue goes?

1. There is something wrong in your statement of "Got fuel, spark, timing is right, but NO FIRE".... SORRY Scharp, but that's impossible......UNLESS you have 'NO COMPRESSION'.... Without compression, the gas/fuel mixture can never reach the level of 'explosiveness' that it needs in order to 'fire/drop piston/turn crank' ...... Ya know?

2. Make CERTAIN you are 'STILL' getting 'FUEL' & 'SPARK' & 'CORRECT TIMING' and COMPRESSION, ok, Scharp? I know it's a new motor dropped in there, but it's just part of your Process of Elimination(P.O.E.), ya know?

It can ONLY be one of those things, buddy, .....period.

**** Questions ****

Are you checking for fuel at the Cold Start Injector, to verify you have "FUEL"?

How are you verifying "SPARK"?

Are you sure the Distrib. didn't get installed improperly(180* Off?) Exactly what happened to my buddy!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:40 PM

its gettin fuel we pulled the plugs out and cranked it, got fuel and a good spark
Old 03-12-2011, 03:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its gettin fuel we pulled the plugs out and cranked it, got fuel and a good spark
Again, I'm not trying to second guess you, but I'll ask the obvious question....
Where did you verify fuel? Did you crack the cold start injector or did you pull out the plugs and verify that they are wet & smell like gas?
Old 03-12-2011, 08:58 AM

We did my buddy's motor, as I said, and were even getting fuel pouring out of the Cold Start Injector, ....BUT; When we pulled the whole rail, fuel was getting TO THE INJECTORS, but 2 issues were stopping fuel from coming out the other end of the injectors....

1. The dizzy was installed 180* off(turned around a full half turn, Gear/Gear marks)

2. He had a wiring harness issue, something most likely with the injector resistor as I remember, that was not allowing the injectors to actually 'INJECT' the fuel into the hole.

There are issues with these that, "if there is NO SPARK", the injectors wont fire(can't remember which models, etc.)..... and YOU MAY SEE spark, I'm sure you're not seeing things.... but there could still be an issue in the harness/EFI system/ECU that is NOT SEEING that there is spark, thus not allowing the injectors to fire. Hopefully, someone can expound on this.....I have to run, ......another 15 Hr. Day! lol.

Best wishes, Scharp,

Mark

PS> You might have to do an ECU check, like I did, checking for voltage and resistance readings, especially on the "No.10 & No. 20" pins.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:49 PM

hi im confussed im having the same problem that Scharp had no fuel to the injectors i have fuel to the rail which is 38psi just down the head and timing chain to specs. put it back togather and now no fuel in the cylinders have spark shot starting fluid up thottle body and it runs so help im confussed
Old 09-03-2012, 09:38 PM

Well.... It's CLEAR that your name is Confussed... And I see that you're also confused... hehe... JK, just 'messin-light', lol.

Well, ......... couple things, right off the bat. Ignitor or fuel cut system defective.

First, the MOST important question to ask, as I've seen #1 happen 3 TIMES on here, just in the last year.... Couple times to buddies, as a matter of fact, haha...

1. Is the IGNITOR WIRE CONNECTOR that travels all the way over the motor from the harness connected? (if not, you will NOT have injector-firing, PERIOD! )<<<< This is what happened to those 3 people I mentioned.. They simply left that unplugged.

2. Is the ground to the intake stud on the bottom left connected?

Start with that, Confussed, ok?

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 09-03-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 22re no fuel at injectors