General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

What you hate most about your Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 09:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lack of factory cup holders the horsepower issue and the fact that ex cab only meas room for extra shoes
Old 05-24-2011, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hate my lack of power lol not being able to go up a hill without being in 3rd all the way,living in the mountains it's kind of a pain in the ....

oh and my cup holders lol
Old 05-24-2011, 10:22 PM

The fact that I can not find replacement fog lights

And that any fog lights I do find, she makes me work my butt off to install them, then not work. Go figure, she's picky.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:58 AM

i think i hate loving this truck

this was a fun thread to just read through. i thought it was interesting that most of the stuff you guys listed, i've already done something to address it, like changing my steering wheel to a later model Runner's (with leather, heheh) or adding my own cup holders, or dropping in a brand new 22RE and gears to get all my power back. holy crap this thing has been labor of love pushing forward to restoring it while setbacks continually arose and took it off the road for extended periods of time.

so, i do hate that i can't do all the work that i want to do to it myself. getting old is proving to be sucktacular for me. but that's not the truck's fault.

however,

i hate that there's something about the truck that makes me want to continually add stuff to it. i can't leave it alone. there's a list in my head that's a mile long of stuff i still want to do, like i'm going to make it Supertruck or something. it's got a better tap into my wallet than any girl i've ever dated!

i still want to sound deaden the floors and inside qtrs, red bedline the whole thing in and out, cut some storage bins into the bed floor, install some decent stereo equipment, upgrade the bumpers, add a LSD, turn signal mods, LED dash, spare tire carrier, sliders and skids, on board air, etc. etc....

Jeannie?? Jeannie!!

Last edited by tj884Rdlx; 05-25-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:34 PM

That every time I stop a leak another one starts.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:47 PM

I have to agree with the diesel comments. Growing up over seas where diesel toyota's are everywhere its taken a while for me to get used to the fact that diesel yota's are not the norm here. Oh well least I have a 22re that I love.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:11 PM

I hated the lack of cup holders too..that's why I made one. One less thing to hate on. https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...holder-235030/

I hate my cracked up sunroof and dash. I hate the way shes so selfish, she takes all my money!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:44 PM

I just wish that the 2wd transmissions had a granny low 1st gear. Being able to creep around at times is handy.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:34 PM

tired of the greasable shackle bolts coming loose and getting the deathwobble. gonna drill straight thru the nut and bolt and insert a dowel pin to stop it.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
Are you using the right kind of nut? Needs to be a crimp aka stover nut or at least a nylock.

Last edited by xxxtreme22r; 06-07-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the clutch pedal is so far forwards and the non tilt wheel is so far back...and it doesnt help that my dad has a beer gut, and i have a bench seat...

his gut is practically on the dash just so i can reach the clutch LMAO

and between my 85 and 88, they both have alot of mold on the interior...

oh, and the seatbelts are barely thicker then a peice of looseleaf paper
Old 06-07-2011, 06:21 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
The dang dash crack, and the noises, clunks n rattles. I know I have to do the spindle bushings.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:44 PM

I only hate the rust. Every time I take something off the Runner I find hidden rust. Only have myself to blame, should have looked her over better before I bought her. Slowly getting rid of ALL rust. Other than all that bs, I love my Runner and I am completely addicted to restoring her.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:09 PM

basically, everything that has been mentioned lol.

let's see, no cupholders, seatbelts, easy to break heater bezel, clicking sound from the motor (lifters i assume), rust, can't get rear cab light or interior light to work, mirrors all decide to move themselves, mirrors vibrate so bad while driving that you can't see out of them, cracked dash, 4" dash speakers, no room in the back of my ext cab (i'm roughly 6'4"), headlights refuse to point at the road, e-brake is a total joke, no speed uphill (can pull about anything, but can't keep any speed uphill), 12-14 mpg with 235/65/15's, horn only works if the wheel is in one particular spot, no tilt wheel, no AC (no matter what i try...), the door's get ripped off way to easy, no diesels (that i can get people to price).

My three least fav things about the toyota's...

I CANNOT FIND GOOD PARTS FOR MY DD!!!
THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WILL NOT STAY OFF!!!!!
EVERYTHING THAT SHOULD BE A SIMPLE FIX TAKES FOREVER!!!!

okay i'm done... goodnight Honestly i love my yota's, but the small things are starting to pile up, and it's really becoming a headache.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:12 PM

What i hate most is how crappy the seat belt retensioners are in my T100. They dont pull the belt at all. I know that is an insignifigant fault, but it can be annoying sometimes. Also, all the weather stripping is shot, needs new set all around. Because of that the slider window gets stuck on the left side. Also,the cupholders SUCK. They dont hold anything right, it always bounces around and spills. Maybe someday i can get buckets with a console and fix that problem. And theirs a dent in the xtra cab. Only dent on the truck, annoys the hell outta me. The fact the previous owner was a complete idiot and put 255 tires on it when it supposed to have 265s. The AC blows out at 40 degrees, and keeps the interior nice and cold, but the moment i turn it off its goes up to 125 degrees. The bedliner has rubbed the tailgate raw, and minor surface rust bubbles have developed.

However, having a perfect interior with flawless seats, carpet, and an original uncracked unfaded unscratched dash, perfect leather wheel, 3.4L that produces great power and runs like new, the fact it drives straight forever, rides extremely comfortable, and destroys chevys, fords, dodges, everything off-road, even with its undersized tires, and the fact im the only one in a 50 mile radius who owns one. Everyone stares at it when i drive by, and that it is such a blast to drive. It makes up for the minor problems i have.

Last edited by T10098; 06-07-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:36 AM

As soon as a hill appears you build up your speed and start passing cars and dropping gears to maintain speed only to be passed by all the cars you passed and then some.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
Are you using the right kind of nut? Needs to be a crimp aka stover nut or at least a nylock.
yep. have the stover nut that all-pro gave me with the bolt. i think with the combo of grease and having uninstalled and reinstalled a few times they just dont hold like they should. decided im gonna go with double nuts on each bolt to see if it will stay tight before i drill a good bolt.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member

I hate that I don't have one.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:58 PM

is it just me or has anybody else noticed how hot these trucks get? okay, 100° weather and no a/c was understandable in the summer, but honest to god i was driving everywhere with my drivers window allthe way down in the middle of winter with 5ft of snow on the ground.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by 85gijunk4x4
is it just me or has anybody else noticed how hot these trucks get? okay, 100° weather and no a/c was understandable in the summer, but honest to god i was driving everywhere with my drivers window allthe way down in the middle of winter with 5ft of snow on the ground.
Agreed! My Ac blows really cold, and gets the cab cold, even in 100 degree weather, and the truck is black. But if i turn it off, 2 minutes later i'm sweating. Even at night when its cold.

Quick Reply: What you hate most about your Toyota