General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

BajaRack EXP on a 95 PU

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BajaRack EXP on a 95 PU

Got the Bajarack on. Quality is decent. It's about half the price of an African Outback or Wind Cheetah rack so I didn't expect it to be as well built but it isn't 50% less well built so I think it's a great value.

It's been used to haul furniture to the new house already and has held up fine. The powdercoating is OK but I expect this thing to rust in the future. Good thing is I can always just redo it and I can weld to it if need be.

The mounts are VERY secure. I'll be adding a third load bar in the middle in the future but I'll probably wait till the garage is built first. Then the RTT will be going on. Here are a few pics. So far I'd have to say I'd recommend it to anyone thinking of getting a rack.

Nice low profile:

Should be nice and solid once the third bar is on:

the awning bolts to the bars on this side of the rack:

The windscreen is aluminum and is very well made. I haven't really noticed a lot of extra wind noise but I haven't given it a really good test yet.

So far the only problem with it is I've been flagged down twice already by people wanting to know where I got the rack/canopy setup. HaHa. I haven't tried the setup on the Land Cruiser yet but it should fit nicely on it as well.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that a Can-back top?