Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

New pickup: Mods to come

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*update*

In an odd series of events, I don't have the pickup anymore, but I now have an 86 4runner 4x4 22re. LOL, I ended up giving the truck to my brother because he needed a reliable truck to help him move his stuff.

I'll get pics up in a few of the runner.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:17 PM

Its originally from Canada, so it reads km/h, but in miles, it only has ~150k. 33s, 4 inch pro-comp lift (No so much a fan..but we'll see), ARB Bumper with a werner (sp?) winch. I'll be taking care of getting it locked and geared. I need to look into what I need to order as far as a skid and crossmember.
Attached Thumbnails New pickup: Mods to come-picture-001.jpg   New pickup: Mods to come-picture-003.jpg   New pickup: Mods to come-picture-004.jpg  

Last edited by Duckie; 07-01-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:21 PM

Dayum! That thing is sweet!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats a good lookin 4Runner!

Looks like its time for a rear bumper and some sliders
Old 07-01-2009, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by lofreqjeff
Looks like its time for a rear bumper and some sliders
Indeed! I think that thing is pretty BUILT already. I wish I knew where to find a runner like that.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:45 PM

Thanks guys. It was a pretty good find for 3000. Sliders are on the next to do mods, and the rear bumper will be next.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Duckie
Thanks guys. It was a pretty good find for 3000. Sliders are on the next to do mods, and the rear bumper will be next.
I know a guy in Queen Creek that custom makes awesome products for next to nothing. Not sure if I sent you his info yet, but I can if you want it.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:19 PM

sick runner man!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by lofreqjeff
I know a guy in Queen Creek that custom makes awesome products for next to nothing. Not sure if I sent you his info yet, but I can if you want it.
PM me bro sounds good.

Thanks the the kind words guys! Cant wait to wheel!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:32 PM

Great looking runner. 3000 was a steal.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:32 PM

Ok so here is a new update of mods to to.

-SS IFS brace
-Rocksliders
-Budbuilt skid
-Budbuilt Crossmember
-Aussie Rear Locker
-some 4.56's (Reccomend a brand?)

Is the pro-comp lift going to interfere with anything? Also, does anyone know much about the procomp lift? This is certainly not a "for show" truck, I want it to be fuctional as well, on and off road.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:16 PM

Here are some pics of the underbody. It seems like this lift will interfere with my getting some sort of ifs truss or a low-pro crossmember. Can anyone comment on this?

Attached Thumbnails New pickup: Mods to come-p7020767.jpg   New pickup: Mods to come-p7020768.jpg   New pickup: Mods to come-p7020769.jpg  
Old 07-02-2009, 08:59 PM

Yeah for another Tucson guy!! Sadly my truck isnt running at the moment but I got a new engine for it so soon it will be!

PS I also have a black on black yota hahaha It just does wonders in this Arizona heat (sarcasm) haha

and lofreqjeff those are sick sliders for the price! I wanna know how to get some of my own when the time comes
Old 07-02-2009, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by ohyeahcrx
Yeah for another Tucson guy!! Sadly my truck isnt running at the moment but I got a new engine for it so soon it will be!

PS I also have a black on black yota hahaha It just does wonders in this Arizona heat (sarcasm) haha

and lofreqjeff those are sick sliders for the price! I wanna know how to get some of my own when the time comes
Nothing like some Tucson sun and no a/c! Thats why windows roll down lol. I know a few Toyota guys, I already got an invite to go to the Gap. I'm a bit nervous since I've never even ridden along on a wheeling trip, let alone attempted myself. If I do go, I will be bypassing a lot of obstacles.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Duckie
Nothing like some Tucson sun and no a/c! Thats why windows roll down lol. I know a few Toyota guys, I already got an invite to go to the Gap. I'm a bit nervous since I've never even ridden along on a wheeling trip, let alone attempted myself. If I do go, I will be bypassing a lot of obstacles.
haha Mine has AC though. The question is will I use it?? Who knows. Its the only one of my cars ive ever had that has had it haha. Yeah Ive never been wheeling either. Never even gone along with someone. First I wanna do some camping trips in this bad boy.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 AM

haha Mine has AC though. The question is will I use it?? Who knows. Its the only one of my cars ive ever had that has had it haha. Yeah Ive never been wheeling either. Never even gone along with someone. First I wanna do some camping trips in this bad boy.
That is pretty much the reason I got mine. I was having to borrow my dad's f150 to go camping, because my Mustang sure as hell couldn't do it. Last weekend I was just up at Rose Canyon on Mt. Lemmon. I really wanna go do Peppersauce, and maybe play around the back side of Lemmon to get some practice.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:47 AM

Any new updates on this bad boy?? Recent pictures?? My truck is almost running just gotta fix this never ending gas leak haha
Old 07-24-2009, 11:04 AM

Any new updates on this bad boy?? Recent pictures?? My truck is almost running just gotta fix this never ending gas leak haha
Nothing new yet. I took the decals off the back, and ran through a few big puddles after the recent rains. I've been getting quotes for sliders, the best so far is still a guy up in Queen creek who did jeff's for 200 installed. I'm also looking into a rear bumper, because mine is jacked lol. On saturday I'm going up the back side of mt lemmon, then coming down on catalina highway. I might check out Rice peaks (not far up though.)

Where is your leak coming from? Tank seal or a line in the engine bay?
Old 07-24-2009, 01:28 PM

Yeah Im not sure any place will really beat the guy in queen creek. Its just such a deal!
Well I actually fixed it haha. It was where the fuel fitting met the fuel filter under the intake mani. I just switched where the little copper gasket went. And boom there we go. Or it seems to have fixed it. Soon ill have this thing running!! Ahh so excited!!
Old 07-24-2009, 01:56 PM

Yeah Im not sure any place will really beat the guy in queen creek. Its just such a deal!
Well I actually fixed it haha. It was where the fuel fitting met the fuel filter under the intake mani. I just switched where the little copper gasket went. And boom there we go. Or it seems to have fixed it. Soon ill have this thing running!! Ahh so excited!!
That will be awesome! Hey have you ever checked out Tucson off road? There are a bunch of local guys, mostly with jeeps and K5 blazers, but they are cool. They are always organizing runs around tucson. They just did a night run at the gap last night.

Quick Reply: New pickup: Mods to come