Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Who has the best STASH SPOT in their Truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I don't need to know what your hiding...

But the door panels come off very easy and there is a lip
running the entire length of the door.

As far as linuxrunner's post, I agree 100%

If you think your gonna fool a dog by welding a coffee can
full of bud in your gas tank, you're crazy. I agree that
marijuana should be legalized, but until that day I can live
fine without it.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok ok. on the on the 98 yota on the passenger side you have that plastic thats by your right foot. undo that screw and pull it back. they have like a spot thats cut out. you can fit like a 60 and a pipe lol. or you can put it under the back jump seats the two bins are joined you can just slide it in that. lol my truck got serched and the never saw it.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:32 AM

I have a spot but I can't tell u where it is
Old 05-19-2008, 09:33 AM

some great ideas in here........and i'm proud to be a northern californian if you know what i mean *wink, wink* but the truth is i try not to travel with unnecessary "stuff" (unless i'm on my way to a sessioning spot). this is coming from someone who is "medical" too.......just my .02
Old 05-19-2008, 09:39 AM

i always keep my 'Green Relief' card on me as a back up plan..

im with ya on the medical part buddy! darn arthritis.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:51 AM

I also live in cali honestly the sheriff's department where I live will rarely even ticket for less than an ounce (and if they do its a 35 dollar infraction similar to having your dog off the leash). They will never waste there time searching a car or calling a dog for pot unless you look like a tweeker and they suspect you have somthing other than just pot.
What it comes down too is why would they give a hard time to the potheads when all they do is head to in &out burger.
More concerning are the meth users who like to steal mail, identity,your catalitic converter, or pretty much anything, they even steal copper wire from jobsites too strip and recycle.
I personally put my bag in my pocket or right under my seat cover right between my legs.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:12 AM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
omg
born and raised californian here, moved to texas 4 years ago.
what i wouldnt give to be blown and have a Double Double
im moving back in august.
All the better
Horray for cali !
Old 05-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
if youve got the ultra stanky danky, put it in a baggie, then put the baggie in a prescription pill bottle, then put the bottle in a big can of coffee,..... dogs do nothin with that
I think I saw that on a Miami Vice rerun too.

Why chance it, Linuxrunner is right, your car won't be the same when you get it back....
Old 05-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by scuba
omg
born and raised californian here, moved to texas 4 years ago.
what i wouldnt give to be blown and have a Double Double
im moving back in august.
All the better
Horray for cali !

HAHA 4x4 fries and a large drink please
Old 05-19-2008, 10:33 AM

Old 05-19-2008, 11:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this thread is a riot! stashing isn't just about drugs y'no. its about keeping your stuff away from jerks who want to take it from you.

one of the best places for a quick stash out of plain sight is to slice open the top of a sun visor, and stick it inside the vinyl. leave the visor down and there's no reason to touch it.

i plan to build a couple stash places in my runner soon as i find a good welder. i want to pull the headliner and weld up a piece of sheet metal to make a false roof. then install a new headliner in place. one big secret pocket right over my head. i'll stick in a door somewhere that only i can find.

My main concern is being able to leave the soft top off and have a place to stick my detachable radio face, my sunglasses, my xm radio, cruise card, etc.
I also want to get an engine hatch from a vw vanagon and cut a hole in my rear bed to match, then weld a sheetmetal box under the bed to store trail gear. i want to be able to leave the top off and have the truck look completely empty.

as far as drug stashing goes, 1) dogs WILL smell it out, SO, just don't do anything that would make a patrolman call a dog out. as in, don't act high, or smell like dope. 2) cops with probable cause can search anywhere "within reach" so that's the entire inside, and if your back seat folds down, your trunk too. keep THAT kind of stash in your engine compartment. stick it in one of those waterproof ID/money holders you take to the beach, and then stick it in your overflow or washer bottle.

a bomb sniffing dog can smell gunpowder residue on a bag that you used last month to carry your gun home after doing some shooting at the range. a drug sniffer can smell pot dust inside a medicine vial inside a ziploc bag, inside a duffle bag, inside your car, from the outside.

if you've got illegal stuff, don't do anything that will make them bring the dog.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:02 PM

just like at home... i store all my herbs in glass mason jars..cures and no smell...
Old 05-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Contributing Member

How many people in a routine stop have had to worry about a drug dog with the officer? I've been driving for over 20 years and been pulled over 20+ times (all for speeding) and the subject of drugs never was a suspicion.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:13 PM

yeah in canada you dont have much to worry about..cops have never made an issue of it with anyone i know ..they have better to worry about here
Old 05-19-2008, 12:14 PM

well the only real place i got 2 stash bodies is in the bed but since i don't have a Tonto cover anymore I had 2 stop.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mikepr55
completley off subject but dose any one have any ideas how and were to get a cheep but quality lift for a 1984 toyota 4x4 single cab looking for about four inches of lift three will do i guess
It's really easy actually. You just need longer U-bolts and a section of 2x4. That won't quite net you 4" but it will be close enough.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:27 PM

All this talk of wacky tabacky reminds me of an occasion me and a buddy of mine had many years ago after going mudding.

Officer: Where's the pot boys?
Me: What pot?
Officer: Don't play coy, son. Where's the ganja?
Matt: Hahahahaha
Officer: You think this is funny?
Matt: Haha. Yeah... I mean no! Hahaha...
Officer: So where's the pot boys?
Me: You won't find it sir.
Officer: You want to place a bet on that son?
Me: Yeah. He just smoked it all.

Was like a scene right out of supertroopers. Was funny up until me and my buddy got handcuffed, while the cops were tearing apart my truck, with neighbors passing real slow staring at me and the 4 cop cars lined up behind my truck.

It was a real hoot. Even more so, since they didn't find anything. Moral of this story is, boys and girls, don't smoke and drive. Smoke THEN drive.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Contributing Member

Well first off unless you have a 'scrip for it drugs are illegal and you deserve everything you get and then some when you get caught.

When I was younger I saw the border guards tearing apart a car in the parking lot of the inspection station that had a family with kids standing beside it, they were using pry bars to pull the door panels off, the luggage was on the ground dumped out and thrown back together and the seats were pulled out and cut open. Other border agent told us they were suspected of transporting drugs the car would not be put back together and the family would be billed the cost of taking the car to the wreckers when they were done weither they found drugs or not. Moral of the story... it is'int worth the hassle.

If you're looking to stash some emergency funds/ID and so forth there are some places you can use. If you don't have a pax airbag there is room above the glove box for a small sandwich box which could hold all sorts of stuff, but you'd need a 10mm nutdriver and phillips screwdriver to get to it.
You could tape a baggy with some cash to the back of the lower console under the radio.

Last edited by aviator; 05-20-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Banned

I used to drive a convertible Scout II. There are times when you want to be able to keep normal things in your car without them getting ripped - say, a book of CDs, sunglasses, or a CD-player face. In the absence of a lockable console, these little stash places can be helpful. The seat pedestals on a Scout are three sided and lots of folks would screw or weld a door on the fourth side, creating a box beneath the seat. My own ghetto version kept the tweakers and hood rats at bay and kept my CDs out of the sun. I assume the 1st Gen 4Runners could do something similar when the tops are off.

**A similar ghetto security system when parking in shady areas is to put your transfer case in Neutral when its parked. Surprisingly, most street criminals aren't familiar with the inner workings of a 4WD system and, even if they get it started, won't be able to drive off**

Last edited by frosty; 05-20-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by SwampThing
All this talk of wacky tabacky reminds me of an occasion me and a buddy of mine had many years ago after going mudding.

Officer: Where's the pot boys?
Me: What pot?
Officer: Don't play coy, son. Where's the ganja?
Matt: Hahahahaha
Officer: You think this is funny?
Matt: Haha. Yeah... I mean no! Hahaha...
Officer: So where's the pot boys?
Me: You won't find it sir.
Officer: You want to place a bet on that son?
Me: Yeah. He just smoked it all.

Was like a scene right out of supertroopers. Was funny up until me and my buddy got handcuffed, while the cops were tearing apart my truck, with neighbors passing real slow staring at me and the 4 cop cars lined up behind my truck.

It was a real hoot. Even more so, since they didn't find anything. Moral of this story is, boys and girls, don't smoke and drive. Smoke THEN drive.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha. that was the best story ever. you just made my day

Quick Reply: Who has the best STASH SPOT in their Truck