86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wanna see 46" tire on IFS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dijlop
sure it is. u tellin me if u had the chance u wouldnt take that over every trail uve ever seen? shoot, a little more work and u could crawl the grand canyon. the whole thing. without ever going below eyelevel with the other side. lol
See you miss read my reply let me quote it for you

Originally Posted by FOCUSHERE
I agree i...or us would never be so extreme but.............TO EACH THERE OWN......just not a trail rig...
i said I that means i would never do that but hey its cool that people have a hobby better then being a murder or a sitting in front of the tv watching the simpsons
Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 PM

I'm surprised no one's said this yet. Thats one hell of a drop bracket!
Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 PM

But as far as the paint job goes, looks pretty damn good for spray paint quality!
Old 06-01-2007, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by runner4thebeat
stupidly cool lol
Leave out the cool part though, just stupid. With the money that went into that piece you could build about three kick a** crawling rigs. And I think they would look beter too. I thought that those kind of trucks went out of style in the 80's.

But as someone just said, to each his own.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:14 PM

I'd rather LT it with 30x9.5....Or just a SAS would be nice.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by FirstGenTankota
Leave out the cool part though, just stupid. With the money that went into that piece you could build about three kick a** crawling rigs. And I think they would look beter too. I thought that those kind of trucks went out of style in the 80's.

well, at least u said to each his own, but i had to anyways. who said he has any intrest in crawling? i know i dont. even if i did, i live in freakin florida. find a rock for me and i'll crawl it. in my 2wd. now, id almost rather have a couple of rly nice 4wd's that were performance enhanced than that beast. but at the same time... thats a one of a kind truck.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Received 273 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by FirstGenTankota

BUT not everyone "crawls" .. some people just build and cruise .. it's a big world out there , veriety and independance are the future of our Toy Trucks .. conformance is for the weak .. imagination is where its at Baby ....

the internet makes it small world for all to see . so keep on postin em'

I give props to the builder .. .
Old 06-01-2007, 05:53 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
It is what it is. And at least it's a Toyota(in salvageable shape), so there's hope. But, to that I add, it won't do what it might look like it can do. IT'S NOT A MONSTER TRUCK. It's a show truck. Which is unfortunate, BECAUSE, if someone were to engage the 4wd and touch the accelerator, BYE-BYE 7.5" differential. And SEE YA LATER ENTIRE FRONT END supported by that drop bracket. I would like to be there when it happened, I don't like watching people get broke(extreme sport wreck vids an' such), but I love hearing metal succumb to the rendering forces of torque, and lot's of it.

Last edited by MudHippy; 06-01-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tofer
Holy CV and drive line angle batman!!!

Bah! All the chrome will absorb the vibes. You'll never notice a thing.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it wont run long enough to brake anything w/ that junk chevy motor. should have put a toyota motor or a ford in it!!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks like if you ran into a curb at 10mph the whole front end would get pushed in..

I wonder how many things would explode the instant you had it in 4wd and gave it ANY gas.

I see

2 cv joints
driveshaft
Drop brackets
7.5" diff
Old 06-01-2007, 06:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 06-01-2007, 06:55 PM

lol. hmmm. what do i see here? a bunch of people looking at a truck with a list of performance mods they all wished they had the money to do, and because they cant and he did, they r gonna dis his chrome and ifs suspension. hmm.

and i think we already came to the conclusion early in the thread that he doesnt even need 4wd to own through the mud.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Over The Top
Old 06-01-2007, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by mr toytech
it wont run long enough to brake anything w/ that junk chevy motor. should have put a toyota motor or a ford in it!!!!
On that note, bumper sticker found.

I DO UNDERSTAND your bumper sticker, though the people I've told about it give me the "huh?" treatment. (damn, the shoulder shrug makes the "dunno" smily so much more poignant, but it's black so don't show up, unless...)
Old 06-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay351
Looks like if you ran into a curb at 10mph the whole front end would get pushed in..
Exactly, there needs to be some bracing like this for sure:
Old 06-01-2007, 07:18 PM

and i think we already came to the conclusion early in the thread that he doesnt even need 4wd to own through the mud.
I'll give you that, it's true, to a point. The thing is, this would be true w/o the 4wd, that drop bracket is weak, all are, but I can promise you that entire front suspension system/axle setup is mostly a figment of your imagination. OFFROAD driving of any type, 2wd or rolling in neutral down a bumpy hill, and things will be broken. It is borderline dangerous(being generous here), probably illegal to drive setup like that in many states(on public roads).
Old 06-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
lol. hmmm. what do i see here? a bunch of people looking at a truck with a list of performance mods they all wished they had the money to do, and because they cant and he did, they r gonna dis his chrome and ifs suspension. hmm.

I would not discrace my truck with the mods he did.

IFS would be the first thing to go.
No reason you can't make a show truck that is functionable aswell.

p.s fuel injection rocks
Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
from the first sentence of the description: "show truck". i.e. never meant to be driven off of the road, and never intended to drive on the road. only intended to drive on a trailer, back off the trailer, onto a convention center floor, back onto the trailer etc.

that's like the H3 I saw at the auto show this year (stock suspension, btw) on what were probably 31x10.5r20+ baja claws......what a waste!!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:01 PM

That seems like a really nice show truck, i still never got why people with that much money, can't make something perform as well as it looks...

Quick Reply: Wanna see 46" tire on IFS?