Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Quiz of the day - Crazy idle after header and exhaust install

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 03:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder

Ok, $1,000... my $200 case will show up today

about the injector o-rings, I sprayed all around there with the starting fluid though; I figured if that's what it was, it would have sucked some fluis through there...

Oh you're an Intel guy..... we'll still let you drive a Yota anyway.....

I grabbed an ASUS board, AMD AM2+ 9600 Phenom, 4 gigs of ADATA and a pair of 9500GT 1 gig video cards. I'm a gamer.

If the O rings aren't bad you might have some crap in the injectors. Although I don't know how to clean or test them that might be something to look into.

Oh and if you get that tower finished and want to do some gaming drop me a PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Junkers88
Oh you're an Intel guy..... we'll still let you drive a Yota anyway.....

I grabbed an ASUS board, AMD AM2+ 9600 Phenom, 4 gigs of ADATA and a pair of 9500GT 1 gig video cards. I'm a gamer.

If the O rings aren't bad you might have some crap in the injectors. Although I don't know how to clean or test them that might be something to look into.

Oh and if you get that tower finished and want to do some gaming drop me a PM.
haha, yeah, die-hard Intel guy, and wanted the cutting edge, so I went i7 and usually go with an nVidia too, and almost went with a 9800 for this build, but I ventured to ATI with this 4870 this time to see how they do. My Antec 902 came in today (freek'n ginormous case btw, but I like it a lot), so I put it all together, and I'm using the computer now actually; just finished installing Vista, and the first thing I did was get my wireless internet working, and then go check myspace and TY I like getting my game on every once in a while, that's kinda why I over-built the system for my needs. It'll last me a long while and do way more than enough of what I need it to do

I'm strongly considering just holding out on the messing with the motor at all. If it continues to get me from point A to point B for a month or so, I'll grab a mid-mileage motor from the junk yard and do a quick swap, then put this one on a stand and go to town on it; then I could do the build up I've been wanting to do; bored out, big cam, maybe stroker, maybe turbo, something crazy

I'm just gunna wait and see what happens. My father's got a spare truck that just sits beside his house that he drives maybe once or twice a month, and he's already told me that if I ever need to borrow it for any reason, just come and get it. So if the ol girl pukes out on me tomorrow (knock on wood), at least I wont be up $#!@ creek without a paddle, ya know...
Old 08-13-2009, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soooo..did you ever figure this out? I just put in headers and cams and it seems to be doing the same thing. Nice and smooth at startup and once its nice and hot it gets rough. I can hear a noise from the pass side that sounds like air but I can't tell if its just the egr or not.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by mrddk92
Soooo..did you ever figure this out? I just put in headers and cams and it seems to be doing the same thing. Nice and smooth at startup and once its nice and hot it gets rough. I can hear a noise from the pass side that sounds like air but I can't tell if its just the egr or not.
oh my issue ended up being a torn to hell dirver's side timing chain guide and a shot tentioner, so the chain had crazy slack in it and was causing the crank, cam, and distributer to be all outta wack

but I just got done with a full rebuild, and now the only lope at idle I have is from my cam