86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

my cv has gone bad has anyone bought one from autozone

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by r6dallastx
i have a job my day off today, i don't have one very often. i just spent too much money this month on stuiped stuff. I should have more than enough by the 1st. I don't think its lame to steal. snap-on has a good point, about the guy that gets a new cv, or what ever part, every few weeks cause he brakes it off roading. do you really think auto zone had that in mind when set up the life time warranty. I think most people would forget about the warranty and just rebuy the part. autozone doesn't make any money from the warranty its just a selling point most people forget about them. what is so wrong with stealing, i've been stolen from and i've bought stolen stuff. its all good.

so wait wait wait....You spent all you money on Stupid stuff (YOUR WORDS) and now you think, that just becuase you are broke, its ok to steal? What sort of ass backwards dimwit thinking is that?

Dont think that just becuase you have been stolen from, justifies you stealing from other people. You are the sort of guy who is the very cause of parts being so expensive, and on and on.

No one here is going to help you now, so why dont you take your thefting ways off this board. And consider yourself lucky. If you posted this ☺☺☺☺ over on Pirate, you'd have been ripped apart long ago.

What you are considering is so morally wrong it's ridiculous. Come steal from me and let me show you how "ok" I think it is.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Um, that is stealing. There is no justification for it. And, you're asking people to help you steal? Are you serious?

And yes, AutoZone fully understands there are people that will break and return several parts. I do that with brake pads constantly. They offer a lifetime warranty on brake pads for crying out loud. I use them, they wear out, I return them, get new ones. But I use them, not anybody else. They account for the returns in the price of the product.

Stealing however is a different story. I'm pretty sure asking us to help you steal something is illegal. And if someone does, that makes them an accomplice correct?

I'm surprised mod's haven't shut this thread down yet.

Last edited by weiln; 05-15-2007 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Another comment
Old 05-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Contributing Member

Well put DeathCougar.

I really cant believe you think its ok to be stealing parts from them. You said it yourself. You have $300, spend $70 on the new part and you still have money left over. Your not in debt yet!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:31 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I use the AZ CV's and haven't had any issues with them. If anything looks remotely wonky, I take it back and get another one. (I also bought a spare)

If you lived closer, I would be happy to give you the spare until you could afford to buy one, but striaght out exploiting the warranty is a bit far.

I am on the lifetime warranty plan for brake pads (2 sets now), power steering pumps (3 now), and CV's (3 now)...this sport is hard on parts!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:39 PM

To ask a bunch of people (you don't even know) for a favor like this, is beyond arrogant. It's offensive.

Last edited by ChickenLover; 05-15-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you the kinda guy that " BORROW's " your friends tools , and then misplaces's them in your box ? I know what it's like to be in a tight spot on cash but you really dont NEED 4X. If you do alot of wheelling then you gotta pay to play , bro.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:08 PM

what is so wrong with stealing, i've been stolen from and i've bought stolen stuff. its all good.
um, im pretty sure you can get arrested for buying stolen goods... better hope a cop doesnt see this...

and btw, you are the cause of rising prices in stores. unless you need some meth in the next 2 weeks, go spend the 70$ on it and eat ramon noodles a couple extra nights
Old 05-15-2007, 05:01 PM

Is the CV joint totally shot and it won't move? Or is the boot just torn? I have a hard time believing that it can't wait for two weeks. I drove my 95 4Runner with a completely torn and almost non existent cv boot for over a year and it was fine. At any rate I finally broke down and bought one from Autozone for 70 bucks a few months back. It works great, I did some light wheeling today actually. It's auto hubs by the way so it was always spinning and it was still fine.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:18 PM

Its stupid a$$holes like you that drive the cost of living up for everyone.....I hate theives. Get a job, learn how to manage your money and grow up
Old 05-15-2007, 05:28 PM

i bought a plasma and a 360 this weekend i could return one and have some money. or i could use someones warranty and get it for free. i think i'll keep my stuff and get the cv joint for free, that sounds good to me. my friend has a 95 tacoma with a cv warranty, i just found out today, but its the 3rd gen and my other friend knows a girl at autozone i think i can work it out. why buy when you can get it for free.

Last edited by r6dallastx; 05-15-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

Dude, you're such a tool!
Old 05-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Contributing Member

Seriously - If you can't see what is morally wrong with what you are proposing, then nothing that any of us say here is going to change your mind. At what level does stealing become wrong, for you? Doesn't matter if it is a bank, high end stereo gear, or a candy bar - it's still stealing.

Personally, I think this goes beyond locking the thread, and well into banning territory (But this is, of course, up to the Mods).
Old 05-15-2007, 05:44 PM

i don't know the guy that knows the girl from autozone very well so i have to give hims something in returen. He has bfgoodrich ats and so do i but have the road protection from discount tire. we are going switch out the tires and stick nails and screws in the side walls and get him some new tires. ive done this before.

wish me luck

Last edited by r6dallastx; 05-15-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:25 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by slosurfer
Dude, you're such a tool!
x2

Your mom should have flushed after having you
Old 05-15-2007, 06:55 PM

now he is just trying to be a dick

Old 05-15-2007, 06:57 PM

we are going switch out the tires and stick nails and screws in the side walls and get him some new tires. ive done this before.
wow, your awesome

Old 05-15-2007, 07:03 PM

Old 05-15-2007, 07:03 PM

what is the big deal, i just don't get you people
Old 05-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Contributing Member

we are going switch out the tires and stick nails and screws in the side walls and get him some new tires. ive done this before.

wish me luck
Now that just pissed me off. Since I am a loyal customer of theirs and all. Oh man I dunno where you live but if it were near me

You are such a freakin idiot!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:09 PM

doesn't anyone want to wish me luck?

Quick Reply: my cv has gone bad has anyone bought one from autozone