Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

I hate accidents!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i am all for making drivers licenses harder to get. i think there are too many people on the road who drive like idiots and make the roads less safe for people who drive right.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude that seriously sucks, and I really cant believe the so called insurance there; $400 what a joke. Like seriously why even pay into it? Anyway I can totally relate.

I recently was also in an accident that was 100% the other dudes fault. He was turning left with no traffic light thru 3 lanes of backed up traffic and came out in my lane just in time for a juicy T-bone.
But on a brighter note I wrote off my peice of crap cursed kia and bought my dream yota with the insurance money.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a break lock up on me on the interstate about a month back. wrecks are a bitch I'm sorry man.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn dude, I feel sorry for you, I had a dream when I took a nap today after watching the Royals get their asses kicked and I dreamt I finally got my truck painted and pulled outa my driveway only to be rear ended by a UPS truck, and then I went after the UPS dude witha big tire iron
Old 06-12-2007, 01:18 PM

well here's the current details, I did have another set of steering linkage in my parts shed. and it was complete with the steering arms included. I ended up having a bent center link and the drivers steering arm on the knuckle. but the frame is bent about an inch out, right behind the upper A-Arm on the drivers side. At least I can move it around the yard for now.
i'll get the car hauler over here next week and bring it up to the frame shop and see what can be done. Have a couple things I may explore. been sittin on a complete 85 solid front axle with all the linkage and Springs. I been saving that for a manual truck or 4runner though. And if I end up having to use it will also have to swap the gears in it as the Auto's use 4.30 gear.
but i'll find out what the frame shop can do with the A-arm setup first.
the sheet metal is no problem also have a complete front clip now. YEAHHHHH! this had just been a daily summer driver on road truck, it might hit some beaches and sand dunes, but no heavy roading. So just trying to keep stock setups going on with it.

anyway that's it for now! busy busy working UGHHHHHH!
Cheers!
Rick
Old 06-22-2007, 10:34 AM

Newest update:
well the body shop is going to straighten the frame for me, they quoted 350 to 500 to stratighten the frame and pull the inner frame mounting rail.
yeahhh! should have it back next week from the frame shop, then I can start replacing all the bent sheet metal. I'll post more pics when I get it back and from the shop. first priority will be a dented up bumper and headlight assembly from the parts shed so i can at least drive it down the road while I fix it. It's been two weeks starting to have some major yota withdrawl here! LOL!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:53 PM

my dads 86 was rear ended by a drunk 22 year old girl infront of our house. he had a small trailer connected to it. pushed both about 20 feet forward. she got taken to jail.

they wanted to total my dads 4runner. no way we were letting that happen. we fought in court for many months and finally got the money we needed to get her fixed. we got quoted $6000. we fixed it and got a new trailer with the money we got. about 3500

durring all the court dates and fighting the girl got another DUI. needless to say she is F***ked for a while.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:54 PM

thats what it looks like now. we have had it sense brand new. i hope everything works out for you. i hate to see another 1st gen ruined.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:01 PM

yea. only been in one real accident. some old guy in an infinity pulled out across 2 lanes of traffic and hit me right behind my pass side wheel. put a little dent in it. his car... it wasnt pretty. to see the nose of that little white infinity after it crossed paths with my black as black yoter. needless to say, it got poned. wasnt even rly worth fixin for me. didnt even chip any paint.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:32 PM

when I had plpd on my camry and was 16 years old new driver my insurance cost me $70 every 6 months

I have full coverage on my truck though

I agree making liscenses harder to get is the way to go, it would lower demand for gas too and make prices go down.

+ it would reduce traffic on roadways so they wouldnt have to be repaired as often

+ there would be less traffic so when they even had to repair roads the backups wouldnt be as bad

+fat americans would have to bike and walk places because Public transportation in the US sucks

= healthier cleaner cheaper gas america
Old 06-22-2007, 02:16 PM

my first major accident was someone turning left in front of my 85 Toy 4x4 pickup. i t-boned him big time but was still able to drive home. the truck ended up getting totaled but while it sat in my parent's driveway, i had 4 people wanting to buy it from me JUST FROM DRIVING BY AND HAPPENING TO SEE IT IN ITS POOR CRUMPLED STATE. amazing.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:52 AM

Ok i finally got my truck back from the shop. took them a month to get to it and then two days on the frame machine. UGHHHH! but they got it straight.

Went to go buy my sheet metal on the other day and the supply wharehouse I usually get body parts from was out of everything but the drivers side radiator support. woohoo an 18.00 dollar part. LOL!
so far all I have done is straighten the inner fender rail some and cut out the old drivers side radiator support. the plan now is to also replace the upper radiator support. debating on doing the whole front end. upper and lower and both side radiator supports. Also a bumper hood and fender. have a few grilles in the parts shed, not sure of there condition yet. oh and a headlight bezel. have a few of those as well, gonna have to check out.
anyway here are some current pics.

[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/cruisinforburgers/runnerwreck7.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey one good side still! LOL!

going into a couple more busy weeks here with work and have to order more sheet metal parts anyway! So, for now I threw an old dented up bumper I had up in the top of the shed and some blinkers for tooling around the backroads around home and town. Gotta enjoy some top off driving while the weather is still scorchin here. It'll be fall and winter before i know it.

Peace out all.
Rick
Old 09-01-2007, 01:35 PM

ok, so I got my new front end cut off a junker I had in the woods. Had a couple rust holes to fix on it, but it wasn't in too bad a shape, most of it was covered in undercoating. A pain to clean off but real nice afterward.
Gonna try and put it on this holiday weekend.

here's some shots.