Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone ever use a china made replacement carb?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's easy to bash everyone else on here but you can't take it yourself huh.im not fixing the carb I'm replacing it that's what this whole post was about if u want to rebuild it then that's your opinion but mine is to replace it .so that's then end of it no more need for replies.and I'm acting like a little boy your the one making this personal and acting childish .
Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Gees ask for advice then get mad cause its not what you want to hear??
Thats about as productive as using gas to put a fire out..
Old 12-31-2012, 07:49 AM

No what you did was argue about and be rude which in return was very disrespectful.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 AM

No getting mad because I wanted opinions on if anyone had used a china carb. not assholes reasons the carb wasn't rebuilt right.and could be fixed and challenging me if I was old enough to be a real mechanic and then challenging my age.so it looks like you are the one that made this personal by taking hits at me.im going to be the bigger man here an this is my last post and I'm unsubscribing from my own thread because I'm tired of dealing with this crap.and you go on living your perfectly miserable life as the asshole you are
Old 12-31-2012, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThatGuy1295
Cause theres always a dumb donkey starting a thread cause he cant think for himself.
This and many other sites exist for people that range from licensed mechanics to people that never touched a wrench until they bought their vehicle.

I've rebuilt carbs on different vehicles I've had for over 30 years. I've rebuilt a couple that have worn out bodies where the linkage components go in, they went in the trash. I also worked for a time at a local automotive business where we took cores back on carbs, we had a whole box in the back with carbs that weren't worth fixing or couldn't be fixed.
Back to the china carb, if it's half the price probably worth trying imo if $$ is an issue, gl.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 AM

By the way anyone know how to get a administrator to delete a post ? This has just gotten stupid and irrelevant to my question and just turned into a pissing match between 2 people.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:58 AM

It's about time I get a positive response that relevant to my post thanks and yes $ is an issue.and yes the stock carb throttle shafts are wore out and they need bushings installed.but I didn't state that because it wasn't worth arguing over. I only paid $500 for the truck it it's just my work beater.

Last edited by timothy47129; 12-31-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:02 AM

No getting mad because I wanted opinions on if anyone had used a china carb. not assholes reasons the carb wasn't rebuilt right.and could be fixed and challenging me if I was old enough to be a real mechanic and then challenging my age.so it looks like you are the one that made this personal by taking hits at me.im going to be the bigger man here an this is my last post and I'm unsubscribing from my own thread because I'm tired of dealing with this crap.and you go on living your perfectly miserable life as the asshole you are
Hang in there little buddy, they will drop eventually

This and many other sites exist for people that range from licensed mechanics to people that never touched a wrench until they bought their vehicle.
Thats nice and all, but he doesnt need are advice, he's a diesel mechanic remember.

Im not your average shade tree mechanic that asked autozone employees how to repair things either I'm a diesel mechanic
Old 12-31-2012, 08:06 AM

Im sure it will get deleted soon. You did swear a lot..
Old 12-31-2012, 08:43 AM

Im sure it will get deleted soon. You did swear a lot..
What's this even have to do with this thread. Just about every post that you have left has been downgrading or picking at this guy. He merely asked a question and from that first question you kept going on about the same thing. Sure I'd asked him about rebuilding the old as well. However when he responded that it was junk I'd left it be. You act extremely childish with your little tampax pic and all childish post. And so what it doesn't matter what this guy does for a living. We only know what they tell us, but if we personably new them then we could prove what they do. Just like your suppose to be a architect or something like that according to your profile. So what's you to say that your a massive carb guru are u certified carb mechanic. Probly not buy you probably know what your doing. So instead of bashing this guy why not try helping him with his original question not with what you want him to do.

As for the china carb I for one have read lots of reviews on one in the past. When I bought my truck it had a ford carb with a little homemade adapter plate in between. It ran really good but just wasn't right. I wanted a replace to put back. Hours of searching led to me eBay were I got a recondition aisin for 250.00 shipped. So I'd check there as well. Good luck ole buddy
Old 12-31-2012, 09:01 AM

What's this even have to do with this thread. Just about every post that you have left has been downgrading or picking at this guy. He merely asked a question and from that first question you kept going on about the same thing. Sure I'd asked him about rebuilding the old as well. However when he responded that it was junk I'd left it be. You act extremely childish with your little tampax pic and all childish post. And so what it doesn't matter what this guy does for a living. We only know what they tell us, but if we personably new them then we could prove what they do. Just like your suppose to be a architect or something like that according to your profile. So what's you to say that your a massive carb guru are u certified carb mechanic. Probly not buy you probably know what your doing. So instead of bashing this guy why not try helping him with his original question not with what you want him to do.
My guess is you voted yes for removing dodge ball from schools. Now your trying to insult me? And im childish. If I was childish I would have told him to "shut up".

One day youll be a toyota~man, till then stop defending people that arent even being attacked.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:25 AM

My guess is you voted yes for removing dodge ball from schools. Now your trying to insult me? And im childish. If I was childish I would have told him to "shut up".

One day youll be a toyota~man, till then stop defending people that arent even being attacked.
Never mind I'm done here. Oh your owners calling here kitty kitty

Last edited by Toyota~Boy; 12-31-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by timothy47129
I was searching online for a reman carb for my 22r and ran across a stock type replacement carb new from Hong Kong .
Do you have a link for this reman carb? I'm curious. I can understand your frustration of rebuilding the carb and it still not working correctly.

If I remember we discussed issues of a carburetor leaking before. What I find interesting is that some have a fuel leak, like from a gasket, and like many here, (me too) have a fuel drain. On my 2 carbs the fuel will drain out of the bowl on its own after the engine has stopped. What I find interesting is why it is doing it. From what I've read elsewhere, the cause could be from fuel perculating in the float bowl. But Toyota designed the plastic spacer to isolate the metal intake manifold from the metal of the carburetor. Therefore that should eliminate heat transfer that way. The other would be from general engine compartment heat causing the fuel to percolate.

The other cause of fuel draining is from the carburetor becoming pressurised and forcing the fuel through the normal passageways into the intake manifold.

If the reason "why" could be answered, then we could solve this carburetor issue we all have.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by slow-mo

Do you have a link for this reman carb? I'm curious. I can understand your frustration of rebuilding the carb and it still not working correctly.

If I remember we discussed issues of a carburetor leaking before. What I find interesting is that some have a fuel leak, like from a gasket, and like many here, (me too) have a fuel drain. On my 2 carbs the fuel will drain out of the bowl on its own after the engine has stopped. What I find interesting is why it is doing it. From what I've read elsewhere, the cause could be from fuel perculating in the float bowl. But Toyota designed the plastic spacer to isolate the metal intake manifold from the metal of the carburetor. Therefore that should eliminate heat transfer that way. The other would be from general engine compartment heat causing the fuel to percolate.

The other cause of fuel draining is from the carburetor becoming pressurised and forcing the fuel through the normal passageways into the intake manifold.

If the reason "why" could be answered, then we could solve this carburetor issue we all have.
I had a similar problem. All my fuel was disappearing from the carb after shutting off engine. I tore carb apart numerous times cleaned rebuilt and everything only to find that it kept draining. I soon started chasing fuel lines looking for leaks. Never found one. So I kept researching and finally found a thread that someone else started about the same problem. He was told it could the fuel pump so he replaced it and it fixed his problem...... So I replaced my fuel filter and fuel pump and it fixed mine. Basically the diaphragm in the pump will go bad resulting in a siphoning effect that will drain your carb and fuel lines resulting in a agonizing startup. Mines fixed now and it's works, runs great. Maybe that will help ya
Old 12-31-2012, 12:50 PM

Well he's probably going to get all pissy again cause im commenting.

But the original question has pretty much been answered. Nobody has used the china carb yet. If yo got that route, let us know how it is.

X2

Old 12-31-2012, 01:09 PM

Belive it or not its not a reman its new.I went on and ordered it so I guess we will see how it works out here in a few weeks.I figured its worth a try he has sold many new landcruiser carbs and has no negative feedback.And thanks for explaning to everyone what we are goin though to try to get these to stop leaking.i wasnt going to put forth the time to explane when i was just going to get bashed for it anyway.When it arrives im going to run the truck till its warm them pour some fuel system dye into the bowl through the vent and let it sit over night and pull it the next day and check it out with a uv light and try to figure out were the leak might be from to help everyone else out with this problem.ill post a link when i get time later on
Old 12-31-2012, 01:16 PM

sorry,I dont get pissy when were all getting a long and posting about the topic and not questioning others mechanical ablity or bashing on others or knowing it all!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Toyota~Boy
Basically the diaphragm in the pump will go bad resulting in a siphoning effect that will drain your carb and fuel lines resulting in a agonizing startup. Mines fixed now and it's works, runs great. Maybe that will help ya
Interesting. It's good that your issue is fixed. However, I don't believe that the reasoning regarding the siphoning effect would be correct. I say that because the fuel in the bowl is separated from the fuel line feeding the bowl. There is an air gap between the two. Therefore there is no physical contact with the fuel pump, or lines, once the fuel enters the bowl. As a result, no siphoning could occur.

Like I said, I'm glad your fuel bowl drainage is fixed. I do know with mine, that fuel is draining out of the fuel bowl into the manifold. Here's a picture I took showing the fuel on the carburetor spacer.

The right side of the spacer is darker in color because of the fuel that had drained out of the float bowl. Plus the liquid smelled of fuel.

So in my case, I still believe that something is causing the fuel to travel the normal internal carburetor circuit(s) and then empty out into the intake manifold as if the engine were running.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by timothy47129
Belive it or not its not a reman its new.I went on and ordered it so I guess we will see how it works out here in a few weeks.
Where's that link, or website?
Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 PM

here it is http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARB-new-REP...166531&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply: Anyone ever use a china made replacement carb?