Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

95 cummins build

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good to hear. i need to think about it where were out wheelin and ill take some more video and poser shots... glad everyone likes it.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:50 PM

looking for a good site for electrical supplies. anyone have a favorite or one they like???
Old 06-02-2012, 11:07 AM

Bad ass rig. If youre still in t, you should come off roading with us some time. I'd love to see that thing on the trails.

North Utah Meet and Greet:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/...-greet-248902/
Old 06-03-2012, 08:26 PM

ya i wouldnt mind... i dont get out enough... been makin some headway on the ford though.

but fisrt a cupple of picks of the yoda way over loaded moving the boat around.

the cummins ford project is gettin there slowly...

bought another parts tuuck super clean

got the truck stripped and sand blasted the frame

got the 4wd conversion done. ran a d60 hp kp in the front and ran a 14 bolt in the rear cause i have a disk brake conversion for it.

got the cab done

some engines bein built at the shop.

been getting misc parts done.

got the entire frame boxed

got parts moved around and the green truck ready to be resold

got the cab back on the frame

got the doner block to mach up mounts and linkage

got motor mounts built today. pick up some steal tomorrow to make a trans crossmember

makin head way. slow but sure.

Last edited by highntight; 10-01-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:39 PM

Looks like your having some fun. I'm stoked to see how the Ford comes out. What year is is?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:46 PM

72 crew cab long bed. Gonna make a daily driver pull the 5th wheel with it. By the time its finished should be a brand new truck.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:23 AM

Dude thats awesome.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
keep us updated on the big ole ford !! looks like you have alotta talent cant wait to see the finished product .
Old 06-04-2012, 06:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You do some nice work friend. If you want the Yota to look "showy" for anything, spray it down with Armor All and wipe it with a towel. Makes it factory glossy again Where is "t-town" btw?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:50 AM

Thanks guys. Good on ya. And there this sweet little hick town we call tooele Utah. Short t town. It's not really small any more. But still about 30 min away from salt lake city.... Ya its commin along. Can't wait to get it done but don't want to rush it if ya know what I mean.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dag on holy long frame on that 4 door longbed!! man that yota is the baddest thing ive seen. I gotta have one!!
Old 06-04-2012, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by yoder519
dag on holy long frame on that 4 door longbed!! man that yota is the baddest thing ive seen. I gotta have one!!
I know it. With nothing on it looks strangly long. The wheel base is just barly under 16 feet. Barly cut on the trailer for the ride home. It's gonna be super cool. It will pull the Yoda around nicely. Im thinkin about maybe see if some magizine wants to put them together on a page or something. But I d k
Old 06-05-2012, 04:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I seen a 4 door long bed 80s model chevy on Pirate4x4 it was fire engine red lifted a little with 37 on H1 beadlocks with a cummins. Man it was sick
Old 06-05-2012, 06:05 PM

"Im thinkin about maybe see if some magizine wants to put them together on a page or something. But I d k"

Dude, seriously....are you listening to yourself here?

Diesel Power Magazine would be all over that....Four Wheel and Offroad/Four Wheeler mags all over the Tacoma...are you kidding me????

First, let me say that I've been waiting for someone to put a 4BT into a Yota. All I've seen in the past was a pic from a thread on some forum I came across that showed a Yota pickup at the motor mount fab point with the motor between the rails. Let me start this by saying congratulations on a job well done. You should have a real sense of pride driving that truck because of the fact of very few people, maybe you're one of the first, that put a four cylinder Cummins in a Toyota. I know I have a real sense of ENVY when I saw this thread and gazed at that cool piece of fabrication. I respect the hell out of guys like you with skill and talent like this, that have the guts and patience to try something totally new and unorthodox. I once saw a guy who put a smaller VW diesel motor in a yoder pickup but this just beats them all...

Second, nice choice on the classic pickup...Ford. Keep us posted on that project as well. That is so cool that you sold the Dodge to build the Ford. I have a 1996 Ford F250 that has a KP Dana 60 SAS in her that I wanted to swap in a 12v and keep it going for my 13 yo son. But the wife's pregnant with our second son and the regular cab does me no good. I got my son all psyched about the Cummins swap but time and money at this point are a major issue. So I have to sell her. Don't want to but have to. In a few years will be looking to buy a MegaCab 6 speed 4wd SB 5.9 6BT when I have some bills paid off. I'm a Ford guy but I like the 5.9's so a Dodge it will be.

My kid saw the Tacoma and thought it was totally sick. It is. Great idea with the Rhino Lining on the exterior and you're right, olive drab would have been crazy.

Keep posting kid....we're watching.

Oh yeah....I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy.....

Old 06-05-2012, 07:42 PM

wow...... i dont even know what to say... really. thank you. man even my girly thinks im cool right now but honastly it wasnt bad just time. knocked out one thing at a time till it was done and driving. i will say this it still blows me away that nothing broke or didnt have to change anything. the only problem i had was electric fan, i tried to run 2 off one relay and first wheelin trip out it burned up the relay. i had enough wire and a extra toggle switch that got me off the mountain. but thats it. with as much stuff that had to be made/changed and it all worked. really supprised me. and as for my dodge it was awsome i had alot of fun with it and it was plent fast, high 13,s pulled anything i wanted for sure. but i was tired for paying for it and everything that i rerplaced on it was so ridiculously expencive. so i started looking about a year ago for this truck, about a year ago. when i found it i bought it and sold mine. and as for you good sir.... for some reason there sre so many 4 door older trucks on ksl right now its crazy..... i dont know where your located but ksl is kinda a local classifides website. its utah why id col but if your interested in sellings yours and picking up an old 4 door or something, not kidding there are some super clean older fords dodges and chevs on there. dont know what your plans are but thats always an option. and no worries ill keep the picks commin on the build... and once again thank ya....
Old 06-05-2012, 09:10 PM

Um.... I hate you, you have ravaged me with nothing but envy!!!!

But in all seriousness that yota is dastardly amazing! I have dreamed of being able to do something like that for longer than I can express. But I have no where near the money to accomplish it. Plus I need to get a new rig before I can do anything because mine is a DD right now.

Oh and that Ford is sick too!!!! One day my thing that I want to do is take a 96 f350 and put a 5.9 12v in. One day I will do this if it makes me broke and living out of said truck! hahaha.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:45 AM

No way. U can do it. And that would be a bad a pulling rig. I like the boxy fords like the 96. And there huge so plety of squaring footage for living quarters. And thank u. I didn't Realy think of how bad ass this truck would when building it. But now driving it, showing it off it has made me relize. I got pulled over about a month ago and the cop asked how come I was blowing so much smoke pulling out on the highway. I told him I had put a cummins in it and he thought it was pretty cool. Took all my info and went back to his car. Shortly after two more cop cars pulled up. And I'm thinkin here we go there gonna pick me apart for anything wrong. They came up looking all over the truck under it, front and rear. Finally they all came to the window and the first officer said they had to check it out for themselves they didn't believe it had a cummins. They liked it. The other cop said and this is where the idea came from that this truck should be in a magazine. Funny little story. Hey. And thank u again appreciate it guys.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:31 PM

Wow that is beautiful work. I'm a diesel guy also and boy to I wish I had a cummins in my yota. Really have my wheels tuning
Old 06-09-2012, 11:10 AM

"I got pulled over about a month ago and the cop asked how come I was blowing so much smoke pulling out on the highway. I told him I had put a cummins in it and he thought it was pretty cool. Took all my info and went back to his car. Shortly after two more cop cars pulled up. And I'm thinkin here we go there gonna pick me apart for anything wrong. They came up looking all over the truck under it, front and rear. Finally they all came to the window and the first officer said they had to check it out for themselves they didn't believe it had a cummins. They liked it. The other cop said and this is where the idea came from that this truck should be in a magazine."

That's funny cause I would have done the same thing. My old partner years back on 4 to 12 and me once pulled over a "Boss Hoss" just to get a look at it.

I subscribe to Diesel Power mag and I would bet that they would love to take a look at that truck and feature it in the mag. It's diesel and it's different. They will put it in the magazine, trust me. Shoot them an email with a video and some pics. Let us know.

"One day my thing that I want to do is take a 96 f350 and put a 5.9 12v in."

DixieThunder, just do it man. I'm sure you read my post. I'd love to do mine but life has other plans for me. But maybe when my 13 yo son is older and has money...the truck's name is Overkill. She was a plowing machine with the 4.10's and 351v8 and was able to keep with the best of Buffalo's snow storms. But with the torque of the Cummins, I couldn't imagine it...
Old 06-10-2012, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by highntight
No way. U can do it. And that would be a bad a pulling rig. I like the boxy fords like the 96. And there huge so plety of squaring footage for living quarters. And thank u. I didn't Realy think of how bad ass this truck would when building it. But now driving it, showing it off it has made me relize. I got pulled over about a month ago and the cop asked how come I was blowing so much smoke pulling out on the highway. I told him I had put a cummins in it and he thought it was pretty cool. Took all my info and went back to his car. Shortly after two more cop cars pulled up. And I'm thinkin here we go there gonna pick me apart for anything wrong. They came up looking all over the truck under it, front and rear. Finally they all came to the window and the first officer said they had to check it out for themselves they didn't believe it had a cummins. They liked it. The other cop said and this is where the idea came from that this truck should be in a magazine. Funny little story. Hey. And thank u again appreciate it guys.
Haha great story right there!

Yeah I know I can... It's just a thing that is so far down the road from now it's hard to see it sometimes. But without dreams what fun goals would we have?

Quick Reply: 95 cummins build