Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

92 TOY's 22re / crapped out / gotta start somewhere / thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Not a good pic but all I got. The Bronzeish pipe above the exhaust manifold. You need to unbolt it from the back you can see the 2 bolts on the top right of the pic.

Hope this helps ya...

Old 09-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok 92 I think I have pics you speak of needing check these out I believe the top pipe you speak of is in the pic and then if you look at the next pic you can see where you need to hook it up on the bottom side of the intake between the 2nd and 3rd injectors.

Last edited by olharleyman; 09-20-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:26 AM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
LUMPY....that pictiure ,i think, is the exhaust side of OLHARLEY's 2nd picture. yes, i did not take that one off yet.

OLHARLEY, your top picture shows the EGR if i'm not mistaken and i did take that off already, but the 2nd picture, i did not do that one.

LUMPY, and all, the little guy is doing better by bedtime, he got to have a "date" with mom last night, he stayed home with her while my 13yr old and i got to go out to Harbor Freight that opened up near us (yeah like 30 miles away) and Tractor Supply Store that believe it or night did NOT have that pulley tool. Is that tool that i need, or should i keep looking?

Oh yeah, so what do you all think?

Buy an engine stand and pull this thing???????????? i'm thinking probably will....OY!

Last edited by 92 TOY; 09-20-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:36 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 92 TOY
LUMPY....that pictiure ,i think, is the exhaust side of OLHARLEY's 2nd picture. yes, i did not take that one off yet.

OLHARLEY, your top picture shows the EGR if i'm not mistaken and i did take that off already, but the 2nd picture, i did not do that one.

LUMPY, and all, the little guy is doing better by bedtime, he got to have a "date" with mom last night, he stayed home with her while my 13yr old and i got to go out to Harbor Freight that opened up near us (yeah like 30 miles away) and Tractor Supply Store that believe it or night did NOT have that pulley tool. Is that tool that i need, or should i keep looking?

Oh yeah, so what do you all think?

Buy an engine stand and pull this thing???????????? i'm thinking probably will....OY!
YEA it does show the EGR but my point was the top silver pipe that is wrapping around the back side of the block is the same one that in the second pic mounts to the intake between the 2nd and 3rd injectors and I believe that is the one you are asking about in picture above LUMPY'S hand holding the fuel line.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:08 AM

yes, that's what i thought. i hope that's whats holding this on.

thanks
Old 09-20-2009, 04:38 AM

Well you can keep going as is but pulling the oil pan will be easier if you lift the engine out. Ok here is the fun part, if you have not gotten to this yet. You need to follow the wiring harness to the tranny and pull 2 plugs from the tranny and the plug from the O2 sensor off the exhaust.

For the spelling...use FireFox rather than IE. You'll find in time you'll like it better.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:57 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Lumpy
Well you can keep going as is but pulling the oil pan will be easier if you lift the engine out. Ok here is the fun part, if you have not gotten to this yet. You need to follow the wiring harness to the tranny and pull 2 plugs from the tranny and the plug from the O2 sensor off the exhaust.

For the spelling...use FireFox rather than IE. You'll find in time you'll like it better.
Don't forget the AFM wiring runs over the bell houseing and you need to pull that as well as the two tranny plugs OH and the head ground off the firewall.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:36 AM

this is why i like this site......instead of me just randomly pulling stuff and calling it "thingy", you guys tell me what and where it it.

and LUMPY, it's not that i don't know how to spell, it's the keyboard doesn't respond on some keys unless you hit them just right........or at least that's my excuse i keep using. and i am just too lazy t use capital letters........ not using capitals and using (.......) all the time is just what i do. comes from being a fast talker i guess....or some sot of undiagnosed ailment.....i'll blame the keyboard for that too.....oh hey how about that, i just saw a spellcheck button....don't need that. i wish they had a "bad idea" or "don't do it" button or a "find somebody local that knows what the hell they are doing" button....then i'd use it. we should start a thread...."who has successfully revived a 22re" and have a 24hr dispatch service to go to your house and supervise and drink your coffee and beer and works only FOR coffee and beer.......hmmmmm....might have a good idea starting there
Old 09-20-2009, 11:08 AM

24hr dispatch service to go to your house and supervise and drink your coffee and beer and works only FOR coffee and beer.......hmmmmm....might have a good idea starting there
It's usually me...Feed me and give me beer and I'll help you all day!!!

If you were a wee bit closer I'd be there giving you a hand.

Well for now have to get ready...GO STEELERS!!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:35 AM

GO STEELERS is RIGHT!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:03 PM

GO STEELERS is RIGHT!!!!!!!!
-sigh- not a good day for the Black and Gold.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:20 PM

yeah, well..........too windy?????
still love the STEELERS though.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:29 AM

Came home from work today early because my wife kept the little guy home from school....he's ok, just really not 100% and needs some rest. played with him and the dog, just got done playing "go fish" and before that played BOGGLE Jr....and he says, "hey dad, look" and he has this set up.....prior to that he was trying to write TOYOTA but not enough dice (die?)

[IMG][/IMG]

Kinda sums it all up, eh?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 AM

That's good stuff...I do hope the lil one gets better. Maybe putting a wrench in his hand would make him feel better?

Die is one dice is many... Sorry my father was tough on us with spelling and proper use of words...tends to carry over sometimes. The lil lady gets a bit upset at me at times. "No it's not a batata, say it with me, po-ta-to" Then I get hit.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:52 PM

yes, same here ith the speeling......LOL

dang keyboard....hahahahaha
Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 PM

I thought i posted this pic already, but apparently not.....bought this saturday at Harbor Freight....i think like $10 each........figure with my left hand i could hold that pulley holder on the front of the cam and the breaker barwith my right hand and push and pull at the same time. yeah, right! but that's the way it's got to be.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-21-2009, 04:16 PM

Nice and shiny!!!

Put it in 4wd lock the hubs and e-break and chock the wheels.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:29 PM

Shiny and schparkly!!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:33 PM

I hope that changes soon!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:46 PM

yes, i realized yesterday, i'm glad i did not get that lower intake off yet, i need to dissect those wires to untangle it anyway.....so if i had it loose it would be just laying there.......work tomorrow and not sure about wed / thur /fri if i have to go in and then working sat / sun / mon.......YUCK! so i will untangle that mess 1st and then loosen the lower manifold and then do some heavy reading and start messing with the head and timing cover etc....

Quick Reply: 92 TOY's 22re / crapped out / gotta start somewhere / thread