Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

3VZE- rough idle, stumbling, lost power...help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2023, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem whit my 4runner 2nd. Gen 3vz.e

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum (but I always read the advice of all members) I tell you that I have several problems with my 1992 4runner, 3vz-e 12 valve 3.0 engine.

The first is a tremendous failure at idle, when the car has been running for some time with the air on or off, a failure begins in which the needle goes up and down suddenly, I clarify, it does not emit black smoke, the car at high revs runs fine but frequently stalls. they feel pulled by failure.

Second. Every two days the car turns on the service light and throws the code 52 (knock sensor) the entire EGR system was eliminated according to the parameters to prevent the check engine light from coming on I read earlier that it is not a problem to worry, however, I also saw that it is not easy to correct this error because it is difficult to solve, what do you recommend that I should do? Change the sensor with the cable or check the ECU?

Third. My car was automatic and I made it a manual transmission, I bought the original "r150" box, disc, plate, collar and original flywheel for that model, you can splice the cables so that it turns on normally and the reverse lights will work, now I have not been able to 4WD start on the instrument panel. Can someone guide me on how I can make the "4wd" warning light come on?

Thank you colleagues, I hope for your valuable help, I would appreciate any question you have about my case...
Old 08-11-2023, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by cmorla23
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum (but I always read the advice of all members) I tell you that I have several problems with my 1992 4runner, 3vz-e 12 valve 3.0 engine.

The first is a tremendous failure at idle, when the car has been running for some time with the air on or off, a failure begins in which the needle goes up and down suddenly, I clarify, it does not emit black smoke, the car at high revs runs fine but frequently stalls. they feel pulled by failure.

Second. Every two days the car turns on the service light and throws the code 52 (knock sensor) the entire EGR system was eliminated according to the parameters to prevent the check engine light from coming on I read earlier that it is not a problem to worry, however, I also saw that it is not easy to correct this error because it is difficult to solve, what do you recommend that I should do? Change the sensor with the cable or check the ECU?

Third. My car was automatic and I made it a manual transmission, I bought the original "r150" box, disc, plate, collar and original flywheel for that model, you can splice the cables so that it turns on normally and the reverse lights will work, now I have not been able to 4WD start on the instrument panel. Can someone guide me on how I can make the "4wd" warning light come on?

Thank you colleagues, I hope for your valuable help, I would appreciate any question you have about my case...
Hey, were you ever able to figure out your issues? I pretty much have the same thing, although I still have the auto. RPMs bounce around a bit at idle, then driving its rough, shuddering back and forth. Seems to run better at high revs but any medium load it shakes a ton, has little power at this point like the timing is being pulled. Occasionally get a code 52 knock sensor, but that's been off and on for well over a year with no issues like this. It's running pretty rich as well with a very strong gas smell. 4WD no longer engages too.
Old 12-31-2023, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by pnw_wxguy
Hey, were you ever able to figure out your issues? I pretty much have the same thing, although I still have the auto. RPMs bounce around a bit at idle, then driving its rough, shuddering back and forth. Seems to run better at high revs but any medium load it shakes a ton, has little power at this point like the timing is being pulled. Occasionally get a code 52 knock sensor, but that's been off and on for well over a year with no issues like this. It's running pretty rich as well with a very strong gas smell. 4WD no longer engages too.
The problem I had with code 52 was the broken cables, they stuck together and made contact with each other, that's why it showed code 52, I decided to repair the cables myself and it turned out very well, the code was eliminated Now I haven't detected the idle fault yet but I think it is the spark plug wires that are causing the fault. did you solve the problem? did you repair the 4wd