Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

22re fires, runs for 3 seconds then dies...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 toyota pick up

Just got this 1990 toyota pick up 22r got this has a project truck and to learn the most mechanic work i can of it amd built it to my desire have a question if i was to get like a 1977 hilux long bed will it fit my truck thanks i appreciate any feedback
Old 05-31-2020, 02:25 AM

Received 805 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by TEXAGG94
I posted this one the same day as that one. I never got a notification that anyone had replied to that post. Not even yours, which I just went and searched after your last comment. Had you just said, "hey dude I replied to your other post". And had you also taken the time to notice that the other ppl above you had been helping me for a couple of days and further noticed that you are the only reply to my post but several have commented on my question here you might have noticed that I have been watching this one. Especially since, as I stated at the beginning of this comment, I did not get your notification to that post. Only to this post.
I wouldn't necessarily call it impatient when you wait for a day for someone to help, but at the same time seek out any answers you can find. These guys were talking about my problem so I chimed in. Simple as that.

I guess you really are a PRICK!!

But thank you for the help on the other post. It is much appreciated.
you created a thread asking the exact question you posed in this thread. you waited less than a half hour before posting that identical question in this thread. that epitomizes impatience associated with entitlement and instant gratification.

“i demand an answer to my question that i posted late on a friday evening. i can’t believe there aren’t hundreds of forum members just waiting by their computers on a friday night to immediately answer my question, so i’ll post it in another thread right away.”

there are dozens of threads describing exactly the symptoms you experienced, several recent ones included, along with the requisite information about how the test you performed PROVES your problem is with VAFM/COR. your ignorance prevented you from using the search feature efficiently.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:38 AM

WALLY-
Not impatient. Not expecting anyone to reply on a Friday night. I actually went out with friends right after I posted it and didn't see 4Crawler comment until Saturday morning. He commented within 15 min. on this thread and no one commented on the other thread until the next day.
I said thank you, now move on Wally. I even told you that I didn't get a notification that you had responded to that thread. Had I gotten one I would have acknowledged it and said something.
I just saw happened onto this thread and noticed that many people had commented and viewed it. I stated earlier that I was new to the sight and was searching for answers/knowledge on my own when I came across this thread. Thought maybe I posted mine in the wrong forum and just thought I'd reach out.
I posted late this afternoon (still unaware of your comment on my original post) that I had narrowed it down to the AFM/COR.
I even posted my results from the AFM tests. I don't know about electrical mess and was hoping for feedback on the results. Noted that I thought it was the problem but wanted to also check the COR, but couldn't find it. Just asked help on where else it might be located. You gave me the same information a day after 4Crawler gave the info (and better, more explainable info).

FORGIVE THE ˟˟˟˟ OUTTA ME FOR NOT BEING AND EXPERT ELECTRO MECHANICAL PERSON. AND FORGIVE ME AGAIN FOR NOT KNOWING EVERYTHING ABOUT ENGINES. FORGIVE ME FOR BEING SOMEWHAT MECHANICALLY INCLINED AND IN LACK OF A ˟˟˟˟ TON OF MONEY TO HAVE OTHERS DO IT FOR THEM. FORGIVE ME FOR HAVING JUST ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE, BUT A LOT OF DRIVE, AMBITION AND SELF CONFIDENCE TO FIGURE THIS OUT WITH SOME HELP.

The last thing I am is entitled. That is why I searched out other information on my own while waiting. I never expected a reply on a Friday or even a Saturday morning. But thankfully I got some feedback. That was nice. Had I found this thread first I would have never created a post of my own.

You're an asshole. I hope you

And don't ever help me again. Also, don't ever come to Texas to visit. People like you are garbage and not welcome here.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:03 AM

Received 168 Likes on 131 Posts
Well that escalated quickly!
Old 05-31-2020, 10:55 AM

Yes, 5 Fists, unfortunately it did.
To all that actually (without condescension) helped I am grateful and thankful.

4Crawler - When you have time to take away from you own personal life I would appreciate your feedback on my AFM test results. I have read the COR testing section about 5 times and I think I finally understand it. I am going to try it now. Stay tuned.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:23 PM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
Okay guys....

The following users liked this post:
TEXAGG94 (06-01-2020)
Old 06-06-2020, 01:55 PM

Received 805 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by old87yota
Okay guys....

the irony is that the troll liked your post.
The following users liked this post:
old87yota (06-08-2020)