1992 Toyota Overland Truck / Boston MA

1992 Toyota Truck
Xtra Cab
4wd
3.0l V6 3VZE
Manual transmission / stickshift

Hey there,

I am selling my Overland-Truck soon.

7 Years ago I bought the truck in Arizona wich means it has been living in a lovely dry place until then.
This means, you wont have any issues with rust.

The truck was heaviely serviced and the camper was rebuilt entirely 7 years ago.
Im a carpenter and construction engineer by trade and hobby mechanic and I did all the work in a cabinet-workshop of my friend Philipp in St. Paul Minnesota.

CAMPER

The Camper is a 70s "Heritage" camper that was rebuilt to fit the small truck and to suit my needs as a long-term-traveller.

all the structural timber framework of the camper was redone. rotten parts were cut out.
the shell is insulated with aluminum coated PU-foam boards. insulates well. tested down to 0° Farenheid
shell exteriour was wrapped in housewrap before metal-sheets were put back on.
Interiour was covered with new plywood.
Interiour furnitures were reorganized to get the best use out of the small space.
Interiour could use some TLC and paint though.

Appliances and technical installation were reorganized to get the weight down and to the front of the truck. (most truck-campers are tail- and topheavy - not this one)
queen size bed with slatted frame
big storage for your clothes under the bed frame

3 burner stove
Fridge that runs on propane, 12V and 110V
Propane heater, natural thermic recirculation, works without electricity

Water
10 gallons water-tank with shurflo water pump (pressure sensor controlled)
waterpump feeds kitchen faucet or the outside shower
outside shower can be activated by turning a valve in the kitchen. Water is being pumped from the watertank out to the city-water connection where a shower-hose plugs in.
No wastewater tank - sink just drains out of the back of the camper

Electrical
60 Ah deep cycle battery
all lights run on 12 V
Voltage-Display in the camper to check on auxillary-battery level
12V car plugs and 110V sockets installed in the camper
12V -> 110V power interver to charge your laptop from battery
110V -> 12V battery cahrger (10A CTEK) to charge camper battery and run 12V system when camper is plugged into 110V with extension cord
Car-radio with USB, Bluetooth and AUX inside the camper to run Hifi-Speakers installed in the camper.

custom made roof rack

The camper is fix bolted onto the truck and connected with an 8-point installation.
4 welded steel brackets are bolted onto the truck-frame and connected to the camper
4 turnbuckles are installed between camper and truck-bed
very sturdy installation - the camper doesnt go anywhere

TRUCK

1992 Toyota Pickup
clean title
3VZE 3.0l V6 Engine
R150F 5 speed manual tranmission incl. transfer case (2wd / 4wd / 4wd low)

IFS front end with torsion bars
rear leaf springs professionally upgraded to support the camper and level the truck - spring ratings caluclated and done by a suspension shop
wheel-alignment done with the camper installed

AISIN manual locking hubs
Toyota aluminium alloy rims
BFG Goodrich A/T All Terrain Tires

T-Max dual battery system installed between truck and camper
monitors and displays currents in the main and auxilary circuit
automatically connects circuits via 250A solenoid when charging-current is present
(truck runs -> camper battery is being charched /// camper is plugged in -> car battery is being charched/maintained)
T-Max dual battery system also allows manually connecting the circuits with a button - so you can basically jumpstart the truck with the auxiliary camper battery)

Of course, the truck is old and has quite some miles on it but technically its in great condition and most "age related" jobs are done.

MAINTANANCE HISTORY

Since I own and drove the truck for the latest 60 000 miles I have a pretty good record on what was done and how.
When you life in your truck on a daily basis and spend hours behind the steering wheel you realize even the smallest change in sound, smell, vibration or behaviour.
Sice the truck was my home and I relied on it, I always went after the small issues that caught my attention.
Every time I ran into something that was not made up to my mechanical-standars I fixed, upgraded or replaced the parts.
I did not buy cheap chinese replica-parts but tried to go with original Toyota, AISIN or Denso parts.

In the following I'll list the important jobs being done at a certain milage.

195 000
Installed rebuilt toyota power steering gearbox - no leaks, no steering fluid fill up needed, just works perfect.
btw. its not a fragile rack and pinion style steering system its a real heavy duty truck gearbox with a pitman arm and a track rod like you find it in the good old trucks.
Rebuilt front axle shafts, greased and new CV-boots installed since one cv boot was leaking.
serviced front hubs, wheel bearings repacked, sealed and adjusted
injection system serviced and rebuilt (seals and o-rings), injectors rebuilt
Oil-cooler installed
Oil pan gasket replaced, valve cover gaskets replaced
Fuel-pump replaced
Mass airflow sensor adjusted and throttle positioning sensor adjusted
Distributor serviced and new distributor cap installed
new spark plugs and spark plug wires installed
new Aisin clutch master and clutch slave cylinder installed (threw out the cheap chinese o'reilly parts that used to be in there when I bought it) - no leaks, no fillup needed
brake fluid replaced
new shift lever bushing in gearbox installed

220 000
new AISIN radiator fan clutch installed
new rear axle shaft seals installed
new transmission oil (full synthetic) in gearbox, transfer case and both axles / differetials
new ball joints installed in upper and lower control arm
new carrier bearing for rear drive shaft installed

240 000
new timing belt, waterpump and belt-pulleys installed
new clutch (heavy duty marlin crawler clutch - built from and for offroaders) and clutch release bearing installed
brake fluid replaced
new break-drums and new brake pads for the rear axle
new lambda sensor and new catalytic converter installed (passed claifornia smog test)

Engine oil changes (including oil filter were done regularly every 5000 to 7000 miles.
driveshaft, u-joints, ball-joints and all other grease zerks were greasegunned every 5000 miles latest.

Front wheel bearings should be inspected and repacked any time soon
oilchange gearbox, transfer case and differential should be done any time soon

You wont find any oil-drips under the truck neither will you find oil-covered engine- or transmission-parts on the truck.
All the mechanical parts are well taken care of and looked after. If you keep it this way, this truck brings you to patagonia and back!

EXTRAS:

since the repairs and service work was mostly done by myself you will find all the tools (ratchets, wrenches, pullers, oil filter nut and so on) you need to do this kind of work in the truck.
It also comes with an air compressor to air up tyres.
you will also find lots of spareparts an miscellaneous stuff like coolant hoses, vacuum hoses, hose clamps and so on that will make life easy whenever something little happens on the road or trail.
If interested, I can set you up with the original Toyota workshop-manual. With this paperwork you can basically rebuild the whole truck.

The rig only sells as a whole to someone who appreciates the setup and has some good use for it.

The truck is sitting close to Boston Massachusetts and waits for you to go on adventures soon!

I will be going on a roadtrip in mid September and am willing to adapt my trip to meet up with people that are really interested and maybe could even drop the truck close to you.

Im asking 12.000 USD.

If you're interested or have any questions, just leave a comment or drop me a message.

Cheers,
Johannes (Dr.Jones)

The following 2 users liked this post by Dr.Jones:
offroadnutz (09-05-2023), old87yota (09-11-2023)
Old 09-27-2023, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
message me please
Old 03-09-2024, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come wit da Parachute ?

22R
Old 04-16-2024, 03:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where is it located?