Notices
Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

FS[PacNorWest]: 1990 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Turbo 7M-GTE

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1990 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Turbo 7M-GTE

Ever wonder what would happen if you combined a 1990 Toyota Pickup 4x4 with a 1991 Toyota Supra Turbo?

This 1990 Pickup came with the lackluster 3.0 V6 complete with blown headgaskets. A crashed Supra then donated it's beautiful 3.0 inline 6 turbo to repower this little monster.

Engine - 7M-GTE, fully rebuilt 22k miles ago with forged pistons, ARP head studs, HKS metal headgasket, and all new seals fixing the common issues with this engine. Cooling package is a 3 row aluminum radiator from a diesel Hilux as well as an air to water intercooler.

Transmission - 5 Speed manual. Half R150F from the Pickup, half R154 from the Supra. The transmission is the adapter to make this work. Yes 4x4 is still functional hi and low range!

Clutch - Lightened chromoly flywheel and OEM Toyota clutch.

Rear End - Clutch type LSD from the Supra is fitted to the stock rear end housing with 4.10 gears. Power is delivered over a Jeep JK CV prop shaft.

Exhaust - Custom 3" turbo back with the biggest Magnaflow muffler you can buy. Exhaust note is very tame, nearly stock.

Interior - Supra leather wrapped steering wheel, SR5 gauge cluster, 4Runner bucket seats, Custom A pillar gauge pod for oil pressure, manifold pressure, and wideband oxygen sensor.

Tires - BG Goodrich All-Terrain in 31x10.50, plenty of life left. White walls out, is there any other way?

Exterior - Used 33 year old pickup. Repainted at some point before I owned it. Brand new windshield. Otherwise reasonably clean. Softopper canopy included.

Regular maintenance is performed. All fluids are fresh and clean. Pile of receipts for the build and continued maintenance.

Was my daily driver for about 30k miles. Actual miles on the truck are unknown. Odometer was from another vehicle and reset with the engine swap to keep track of the maintenance for the new engine.

This inline 6 from the Supra is unbelievably smooth! Feels electric and makes a very healthy amount of power.

Test drives will be with cash in my hand due to the nature of this vehicle.

Come take a look! Ask questions! This is not something you find for sale everyday.

Here is a quick cold start video.

This is not a project truck! This is a daily driver completed build that does 0-60 in 6.7 seconds. Making it twice as quick as the stock V6 while getting better fuel economy.

Asking $16,999

On to the pictures.

Old 04-23-2024, 05:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice truck. GLWS
Old 04-23-2024, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks! It has been a fun truck for me. Time for someone else to enjoy it!

There is a 2nd copy of this truck in AK that I built. Blue, extended cab. Not a fully built engine. As far as I know it's still up there making turbo sounds.

Last edited by ryanthegreat1; 04-23-2024 at 06:14 PM.